Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 04:59 PM   #371
Mirak
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
The above one looks ok....not the best, not the worst.

The eyebrows are a weak area IMO...too long and thin.

Hair is not perfect but ok.

Compare that one to Darth Ryan's and I think most would prefer Ryan's piece...

Just my honest opinion.
Yes , the eyebrows seem to be a bit thin and the hair
a bit messed up , still don't know what I'm gonna do.
btw this is nr 336/1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father_Jack View Post
Well said nbr!

Mirak my true honest opinion i'd say there is alot better versions out there...
I know , I just have to find a good one !
plus I find the price a bit high 2000$ , that's not
really a bargain !
Old 06-27-2008, 05:45 PM   #372
Gruson
Suicide Squad

yeah, hold off on it.

Oh, I found some pics of my original T-850. (one from the first 50 batch)

It's not as bad as P1's but it still looks a little like the "dying" version.

Pics soon.

Avoid 1-50 for sure.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:48 PM   #373
pacobird
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Ryan View Post
Thanks Gru. Just got lucky I guess. My supplier got two and the other piece went to a fellow member here,Roms. I hope he got a good one as well.
I think that yours is the best I've seen so far that looked good straight out of the box without any modifications.

Congrats on a beautiful piece!
Old 06-27-2008, 07:27 PM   #374
jet_force_juno
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I'm going to jump in here with an outsider observation as I get PM's from various members who inhabit this forum. It also appears there is an element of people who seem to think this company (CM) can do no wrong. Even though others think a CM statue does not look accurate, this element of people cannot accept that others do not agree (and thats where some call it bashing).

So I see both sides of this and then ultimately we see these threads escalating to name calling and arguing and then a mod has to step in. Believe me, there is just as much passion about people who collect Bowen, GG, or Sideshow. The only difference is when someone says they don't care for a piece or don't think it's comic accurate, the rest of the forum doesn't jump down their throat because of their opinion.
oh wake and smell the coffee nbr.

we have people on here comparing the Alien with Michael Jackson - and taking time to google image search to prove a point.
We hat members on here calling Jack Sparrow "fat" sparrow
We have members on here likening the Endo to a toy
We have emmbers on here referring to the pieces as "dollies"
The Aragorn piece has been to hell and back and then hell again.

Your interpretation of the "bashing" concept is. frankly, rubbish. No one on here thinks the company can do no wrong. I've had my fair share of problems with their QC. IT has nothign to do with that. It has to do with one or two members, who don't even collect the things for goodness sake, taking pleasure out of causing arguments and trouble in a section which used to be a lot of fun to post in. Am I the only one here who thinks that if cap70 was still collecting these we'd have ANY of this trouble??

You ever see someone in the Bowen section calling the pieces dollies? You ever see someone in the Gentle Giant section call people girls?

NBR - seriously. I think you need to go read some of the posts in this section and come back to me when you have.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:40 PM   #375
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Ryan, your T-850 gets the stamp!

Old 06-27-2008, 07:58 PM   #376
bruceb
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet_force_juno View Post
oh wake and smell the coffee nbr.

we have people on here comparing the Alien with Michael Jackson - and taking time to google image search to prove a point.
We hat members on here calling Jack Sparrow "fat" sparrow
We have members on here likening the Endo to a toy
We have emmbers on here referring to the pieces as "dollies"
The Aragorn piece has been to hell and back and then hell again.

Your interpretation of the "bashing" concept is. frankly, rubbish. No one on here thinks the company can do no wrong. I've had my fair share of problems with their QC. IT has nothign to do with that. It has to do with one or two members, who don't even collect the things for goodness sake, taking pleasure out of causing arguments and trouble in a section which used to be a lot of fun to post in. Am I the only one here who thinks that if cap70 was still collecting these we'd have ANY of this trouble??

You ever see someone in the Bowen section calling the pieces dollies? You ever see someone in the Gentle Giant section call people girls?

NBR - seriously. I think you need to go read some of the posts in this section and come back to me when you have.
...jet force you really need to read the sideshow forums a little more..then you will see what bashing is..people calling statues craps..dolls...sucks...poo...piece of ****...and names i don't even know that existed...and worse..some of the sculptors posts in there....you problem is that you are taking things waaaaaaaay too seriously....you just became this blinded cm fanboy head that can't accept anything against cm....get the **** over it and move on man....you sound like a whining little girl....that get's upset when exposed to the trues of life....and then you complain that people come here and bash your precious statues and make fun of you?....as long as you keep defending these....thinking they are untouchable in the altar of the gods....which these are far from being...people will come here and make fun of you ...if you can't face the truth that these pieces are very inconsistent in appearance and indeed differs one from the other.... and that people have every right to complain about that...then at least learn to ignore the bad comments and be done with it....or just stop posting here...

..ah....and it's far from being one or two members that complains and make fun....go read these threads...many people complains....some even associated arnold with the hulk yesterday and said it looked horrible...
Old 06-27-2008, 08:19 PM   #377
jet_force_juno
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceb View Post
...jet force you really need to read sideshow forums a little more...then you will see what bashing is..people calling statues craps..dolls...sucks...poo...and names i don't even know that existed...and worse..some of the sculptors posts in there....you problem is that you are taking things waaaaaaaay too seriously....you just became this cm fanboy head that can't accept anything against cm....get the **** over it and move on man....you sound like a whining little girl....that get's upset when exposed to the trues of life....and then you complain that people come here and bash your precious statues and make fun of you....as long as you keep defending these....thinking they are untouchable in the altar of the gods....which these are far from being...people will come here and make fun of you man...if you can't face the truth that these pieces are very inconsistent in appearance and indeed differs one from the other.... then at least learn to ignore the bad comments and be done with it....
I actually wasn't talking to you.

I'm glad that you have niothign better to do with your life than nake fun of people and what they feel passionate about. Aren't you the big man?

Why post here?

Make you feel important?

Haven't you got records to be producing?

Or sculptures to be designing?

Or kinds to be bringing up?

Or martial arts to be practicing?

Or CEO duties to attend to?

Or comicfan's ID to log in to?

In short - aint you got nothing better to do than come here and poke fun at people?

I would ask that if you wish to communcate with me further you do so by PM. I won't be posting here again for a while.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:38 PM   #378
bruceb
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet_force_juno View Post
I actually wasn't talking to you.

I'm glad that you have niothign better to do with your life than nake fun of people and what they feel passionate about. Aren't you the big man?

Why post here?

Make you feel important?

Haven't you got records to be producing?

Or sculptures to be designing?

Or kinds to be bringing up?

Or martial arts to be practicing?

Or CEO duties to attend to?

Or comicfan's ID to log in to?

In short - aint you got nothing better to do than come here and poke fun at people?

I would ask that if you wish to communcate with me further you do so by PM. I won't be posting here again for a while.
..wow..just wow...what some people can do when they are proved wrong and are desperate...and have nowhere to hide their face..a very last breath of arrogance and defamation...that's the most pathetic..and offensive post i ever seen here...i can only laugh about it jet force......
...bringing my job again in the coversation... hahahaha..oh man....
..it was wrong in so many levels that i won't even comment on them one by one...i could say the same about you and your need to defend your cm pieces all the time....your insecurity towards what you collect...but do as you say then and stop posting here....it may be better to cm as a company..but let's see if you are a man that still have any word left...cause you said the same about ignoring me and you for sure didn't do your part or kept your word...
Old 06-27-2008, 09:04 PM   #379
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
Ryan, your T-850 gets the stamp!

Ditto.
Closed Thread