Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 12-22-2022, 04:58 PM   #31
EStark
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
That's truly odd. Given the above photo, I can only assume that they do test fits of at least keying the body into the base.

So I'm guessing the piece has warped during the long track from the factory. If that was the only issue, I would've suggested that you take a heat gun to it.
That was not the only issue. There is a lot of paint bleeding all over, wherever the black meets the red. and paint smearing on the front and back of the shirt. You can see all that in the photos, it's even more visible in person. It also has paint cracking between the fingers on his hand.

Very poor quality compared to Spock. That Statue was top notch, zero bleeding. The portrait here has great likeness, the paint application on it is a bit flat, not as good as the one on Spock's portrait, but still very good overall.

As for the peg, his right foot is at least a half inch off.

This is a very expensive piece for what you get.

I returned the statue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9376.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	334.6 KB
ID:	157013   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9365.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	394.3 KB
ID:	157014   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9366.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	330.2 KB
ID:	157015   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9373.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	250.5 KB
ID:	157016   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9374.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	433.2 KB
ID:	157017  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9368.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	540.7 KB
ID:	157028   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9369.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	226.7 KB
ID:	157029   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9375.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	320.7 KB
ID:	157030   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9367.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	317.6 KB
ID:	157031  
EStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 05:24 PM   #32
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EStark View Post
I returned the statue.
well done, you did the right thing. At these prices, we shouldn't be accepting anything other than full satisfaction.

This confirms my worst fears about Darkside, and I was waiting for more products from these guys to appear in collectors hands before I even considered pre-ordering Catwoman.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 06:39 PM   #33
EStark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
well done, you did the right thing. At these prices, we shouldn't be accepting anything other than full satisfaction.

This confirms my worst fears about Darkside, and I was waiting for more products from these guys to appear in collectors hands before I even considered pre-ordering Catwoman.
I am getting a replacement. If it has the same issues I'm not accepting it. I have their Spock and it is absolutely excellent.
Old 12-22-2022, 06:50 PM   #34
omigeo
The Tick

That's a shame. Most if not all companies will suffer some let down. This company is no exception.

When I saw Picard, I loved that piece and still do.

I have their Spock and he looks great!! but then again Infinite statues was involved in his Manufacturing as well
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 06:51 PM   #35
EStark

What bothers me is that this is a $1500+Tax+shipping for a human in sculpted uniform standing on a circle, no armor, no lightups, no elaborate bases. I expect a perfect piece. Spock was perfect to me (minus the flag which they replaced). Besides the overall downgrade in paint app quality (even the shoes are now glossy, and cheap looking (pictured above), instead of texture/leather looking like Spock's), this has too many issues, I don't understand how it got past QC when they are only making 150 of them.

I also noticed that the statue itself is lighter compared to Spock (without the base), both are around the same height. Not that this is a bad thing, just an observation.
Old 12-23-2022, 04:36 PM   #36
morty76
Justice League

Despite the unsatisfactory paint job the sculpt does look great.
morty76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 05:33 PM   #37
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Well fingers crossed I get one I'm satisfied with.

I would've got the Spock too, but I just don't have the space available.

Heck, I don't even know where I'm going to place this piece long term, as it's short term location has already been allocated to higher priority preorders.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 06:02 PM   #38
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Well fingers crossed I get one I'm satisfied with.

I would've got the Spock too, but I just don't have the space available.

Heck, I don't even know where I'm going to place this piece long term, as it's short term location has already been allocated to higher priority preorders.
At least the footprint on these is much smaller than most 1/3 pieces.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 09:15 AM   #39
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
At least the footprint on these is much smaller than most 1/3 pieces.
Just received mine and yep, it's absolutely tiny compared to my Prime 1 pieces, but they're probably about the same as my Queen 1/3 scales. Heck it's probably not much bigger than my 1/4 scale Endgame pieces from Iron Studios, which are overscaled.

I love the face sculpt. There’s no denying who it is. The sculpt itself is near perfect. And with the abundance of quality switch out options, it’s a piece I’ll never get bored with.

Honestly the paint is very basic. Barely passable, and they just can't compete with the paint app from any of my recently received 1/4 scale statues from Queen Studios. Especially the skin paint app, which kind of reminds me of paint apps from some older pieces from Sideshow. I also found his skin too white/pale in colour, as if he had only limited exposure to the sun.

Like EStark I had a bit of overspray, but I'm not all that concerned.

And also like his, my foot pegs didn't align with the base. Mine was probably only off by about 5 to 7mm, unlike EStark who said his was half an inch off. However his photo looks almost identical to how mine looked? Anyway, I passed a hairdryer back and forth around both legs for a few minutes, while pulling the right leg to my left, and with a bit of force I was able to slot it fully into the base.

All 3 pairs of arm options are great. And mostly the seams aren't that noticeable and are quite flush with the body. Except for the right tea holding arm, where a very tiny gap is visible.

I didn't get the Spock, so I can't compare. I bought my Picard locally, and unfortunately they only received the regular version for Spock, and there was no way I was going to get it without the live long and prosper display option.

This is a very pricey piece, and even after the 20% off that I got it from Popcultcha, at $2,000 AUD ($1,360 USD) shipped, I think it's overpriced.

I don't regret the purchase, but I wouldn't recommend it for anyone unless you're a big Picard fan.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 10:01 PM   #40
superdude
The X-Men

This just doesn't look remotely worth the price it's going for. Simplistic paint job makes it look like an oversized plastic figurine.
superdude is online now   Reply With Quote