Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Artist's Alley

Old 07-16-2006, 08:55 AM   #31
bomen
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Hey Boony, sorry, I hadn't seen this one in a bit...

The cabinets were designed by me and the Mrs...mostly the Mrs. Criteria were to be able to have dual shelves, each able to support 16" max statue (at one time, had many of my Bowen FS in them..). Also, wanted 5 cabinet fronts. As little "cabinetry" wood/work within as possible...i.e. mirror backs, and no shelf supports except around edges..so all looks 'suspended' from the "room view". You can't tell in the pics, but the cabinet door edges have a molded themed heavy wood trim, painted to look like a stone....again, was trying to match some of the Bowen MB bases. Finally, separately controlled lights on single wall switch plate...one switch, turns on fader up/down lights in the cabinets...one switch turns same on underneath cabinets (on their bottom)..neat reading/mood lights if on the couch, in the chair, etc. Had them tied into the ceiling crown molding as well. All built into the wall studs, I remember doing pull-ups on the cabinets to ensure no crashes (!). and I forget the glass thickness, but was at least 3/8" or more..

Had them built, I can't remember now but I think material and all was a little over $2K back then....about 6 years ago..
bomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 03:54 PM   #32
Alex655321
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomen
...and, the 'room' view...
That is absolutly amazing

Nice custom shelf, and a nice collection.
Its a shame when your amount of space can influence your hobby.
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote