Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC / McFarlane

Old 01-12-2011, 09:07 PM   #31
06gto
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I am not referring to the overall quality of the 2 but the overall size difference. DC and Marvel both started with the Museum Quality and Premium Fprmat lines about the same time but now Marvel has outpaced them so much it's painfully evident when you go to a comic shop and see them all lined up on the shelves and the gap is rapidly widening as DC is continually releasing smaller pieces lately and Marve is bringing out more larger pieces.
06gto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:25 AM   #32
Aquaman
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

When people say DC is hit or miss I kinda giggle. All of the companies have hits and misses. Over the years DC has done some amazing work as has others. It is a preference. I am not a fan of those so called "Museum Pieces" but LOVE Maquettes. I love single hero's in dynamic poses. Never liked the "dioramas". I own both Marvel Bowen pieces and DC pieces. Never understood all the comparing that goes on (rather insulting I find)
Aquaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:42 AM   #33
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman View Post
When people say DC is hit or miss I kinda giggle. All of the companies have hits and misses. Over the years DC has done some amazing work as has others. It is a preference. I am not a fan of those so called "Museum Pieces" but LOVE Maquettes. I love single hero's in dynamic poses. Never liked the "dioramas". I own both Marvel Bowen pieces and DC pieces. Never understood all the comparing that goes on (rather insulting I find)
yeah, they all have hits/misses but if we look at the overall batting average DC isn't going to be at the top IMO.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:03 PM   #34
06gto

Again, I'm not referring to the overall quality. I think both Marvel and DC are about the samein that regard. They have good ones and they have bad ones. I am referring to the overall comparative size of the offerings and , in that regard, Marvel is severely eclipsing DC.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:02 PM   #35
06gto

Collectors buy and display statues to make an impression. What will make a bigger impression ? A statue 2-3 feet tall or a statue 6-8 inches tall. Just watch your kids when they walk back to the statue display area. What do they focus on ? If they're like mine it will be the larger Marvel statues. All I want is for DC to equalize.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:16 AM   #36
Aquaman
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

i understand, but again it's preference. I actually like the smaller scale of the DC ones. My Marvel ones are too tough to display and to me the size is a downfall. For me, bigger is not better.
Aquaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:48 AM   #37
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I will say that all of my 1/4 scale stuff will tend to draw the eye more than the smaller DCD stuff. However, the one advantage to the smaller scale stuff is that more of them can be displayed in a smaller space. Having 6 DCD maquettes or 6 Cover Girls statues or 5 DC Dynamics statues on one Detolf shelf does create a "larger" presence with a varied group of characters.

I would LOVE if DCD created Bowen scale statues, though. I have almost all of the Bowen Spider-Man related stuff and they look great. Those seem to be a good compromise between sizes.

I do think the DCUO line will be cool because I should be able to put a bunch of those in one DETOLF shelf. If they don't start repeating Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman, it will be awesome to see a variety of DC characters together based on Lee's DCUO art. I have one DETOLF dedicated to Batman B&W statues and have 6 on a shelf. Being able to display multiple statues in one area at varying levels using risers does look cool to me....
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:49 PM   #38
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

DC should give fans what they want. If it's size, do the 1:4. If fans want the smaller ones due to space issues, do that too. You can have multiple sizes and be still be successful at it. Look at SSC, they have 1:1, 1:2, 1:4, 1:6 and other smaller scales. It can work if they are smart at it.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:06 PM   #39
Red X
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman Professor View Post
Tha's coz you don't have THESE:

Yeah it's because we don't have these ugly fan looking interpretations of Batman.

No true bat fan would buy those, give it up. I'm still waiting for a great definitive Bat statue as well...DC Direct hasn't even come close yet.
Red X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:38 PM   #40
travis
A.I.M.

Great Batman Statue and Ultimate Undead showdown!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2031.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	231.2 KB
ID:	60671   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2032.JPG
Views:	14
Size:	251.7 KB
ID:	60672   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2033.JPG
Views:	14