Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 03-15-2011, 10:23 PM   #31
tedmic
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Pure greed! Ebay like most greedy US corporations are ALWAYS looking for ways to increase profits each year just to make the shareholders happy. I'll NEVER understand why if a corporation makes $10 profit one year, they HAVE to make $12 million next year or the world will end! Between rules and regulations, fees, taxes, etc it's almost impossible to make ends meet. No wonder people sell drugs. A cash business where the customer comes to YOU.
tedmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:24 PM   #32
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Yep another great decision from eBay. And why hasn't another site sprung up yet?
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:42 PM   #33
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

I read this today and immediately thought to myself how it's funny that they maintain it's to keep shipping costs down but in essence it's to make more money for them.
Ebay needs a strong competitor to be brought back under control. Right now they can get away with this sh!t because basically they have the auction market cornered.
From what I've seen it's been going down hill and things are harder to find now than ever before...and it's not hard to see why with their ridiculous policies.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:41 AM   #34
Dan_Lebou
Statue Forum MacDaddy

It is the fault of all of those sellers who tried to avoid paying fees by listing £200 items with a buy it now price of £1 and postage of £199.

I'm not a big fan of ebay's charges but in this case I say blame the dodgy sellers who have been fiddling the system for ruining it for the honest sellers out there.
Dan_Lebou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:02 AM   #35
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Lebou View Post
It is the fault of all of those sellers who tried to avoid paying fees by listing £200 items with a buy it now price of £1 and postage of £199.

I'm not a big fan of ebay's charges but in this case I say blame the dodgy sellers who have been fiddling the system for ruining it for the honest sellers out there.
That's what I do now (except for big ticket items). I don't mind the eBay fees but the Paypal fees suck. Paypal also charges conversion exchange rates so it's like 15% by the time your done with all the fees.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:26 AM   #36
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Lebou View Post

Get real. Not even 1% of sellers do this and ebay shuts down the auctions they catch or that are reported. This is nothing more than a BS reason for them to line their pockets even more, but I guess they fooled you at least.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:01 AM   #37
Kingofthehill78
King Mud

Ah eBay doing more greedy things, how surprising?
Kingofthehill78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:54 PM   #38
cblakey1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collection King 13 View Post
That sucks... I wont the $20,000 mark but I might hit 200 transactions.
+1.
cblakey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:09 PM   #39
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

I bet if people started to stop using there services they would change there evil ways.
Tony Coca is offline   Reply With Quote