Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 12-12-2022, 11:11 AM   #31
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Yes, they are obnoxious with their hype.
Yeah they are, and it's not like their products are so unbelievably good that people let it slide. Especially when they keep making poor last minute modifications (you can tell I have an issue with them).
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 11:20 PM   #32
takuGuy
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I’m so utterly pissed by the news today that I don’t even know if I want this piece anymore. I do know that I’m done with DC movies though. Hope Gunn’s Superman crashes and burns.
takuGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 11:24 PM   #33
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Still looking forward to this to see if they nail the likeness. I will remember him fondly as Superman.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 12:28 AM   #34
T3xAsFi3nd
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by takuGuy View Post
I?m so utterly pissed by the news today that I don?t even know if I want this piece anymore. I do know that I?m done with DC movies though. Hope Gunn?s Superman crashes and burns.
It is a bit upsetting but this news makes me want this statue even more now. Who the hell knows who the next superman will be. Valzod? No thanks.
T3xAsFi3nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 12:36 AM   #35
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
I?m so utterly pissed by the news today that I don?t even know if I want this piece anymore. I do know that I?m done with DC movies though. Hope Gunn?s Superman crashes and burns.
Same. I was born towards the end of the Reeve era, so Cavill is my definitive Superman. I agree about needing to reboot the DCU, but recasting Cavill seems wrong. I don't like this decision but the DC fanboy in me is hoping it pays off.

Now I'm wondering if Gal is next on the chopping board.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 01:28 AM   #36
azurepred
Green Lantern Corps

They really F'd him because he quit Witcher for this. Bunch of idiots. If they are going to reboot Supes, at least let Cavill and Snyder finish what they started.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 01:34 AM   #37
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Just thinking about the actors and actresses involved in this mess, especially Henry Cavil - in my opinion, in the long run, this is best for them. Henry Cavil seems like a cool guy, and the way the Studio has treated him over the years (from what we can see), I think he will be better off not being associated with D.C. - I think the same about Gal Gadot.

As for what happens next......in a way, I can understand the new chiefs at WBD wanting new faces. I think it would be too jarring if they did a reboot with the same faces involved, I would be worried if people take the changes seriously.

I'm looking forward to seeing where Henry and Gal end up in future roles.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 01:54 AM   #38
T3xAsFi3nd
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Just thinking about the actors and actresses involved in this mess, especially Henry Cavil - in my opinion, in the long run, this is best for them. Henry Cavil seems like a cool guy, and the way the Studio has treated him over the years (from what we can see), I think he will be better off not being associated with D.C. - I think the same about Gal Gadot.

As for what happens next......in a way, I can understand the new chiefs at WBD wanting new faces. I think it would be too jarring if they did a reboot with the same faces involved, I would be worried if people take the changes seriously.

I'm looking forward to seeing where Henry and Gal end up in future roles.
I'm sure they'll be fine. Super popular actors that have plenty of roles lined up for them. It's just a bummer that us Cavill "Superman" fans got the short end of the stick. Also, there's a whole "Snyder" cult out there so you should be worried(not really&#128521 that these changes will be taken seriously. Does it suck? Yeah. Am I upset? Of course, Cavill was a damn good superman... Damn good but it is what it is. No choice but to accept the decision and enjoy the very short time Cavill portrayed Superman. I was already going to buy this JND Superman regardless but I want it even more now since it's officially the LAST Cavill version of supes we'll get.
T3xAsFi3nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 02:24 AM   #39
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Same. Plenty of people have been waiting years for an actual Man of Steel sequel. Henry Cavill was incredible as Superman and deserves to continue playing him. I feel bad that they've slighted him with this dumb----ery time and time again.

---- James Gunn
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 02:31 AM   #40
Liquid75
Shadowhawk

To be honest, the DCEU never got that successful because of WB's incompetence so I was not opposed to a reboot but, man, this is another huge misstep for them :
- Why did they even release Black Adam if they were not sure to continue with the Snyderverse?
- Why spend millions in reshoots for the Flash and Aquaman 2? Who's gonna watch these movies now?
- Why get everybody's hopes up by having Cavill announcing his return and then do this? So stupid.

IMO, they should have announced the reboot from the get go and write off the remaining DCEU movie. Now, because of their unclear strategy, they've pissed a lot of people for nothing.
Liquid75 is online now   Reply With Quote