Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-03-2023, 03:26 AM   #31
Mooste
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamato View Post
Same, it?s actually one that accurately depicts either painted artwork by Miura or a scene from the manga in 1:4. The rest of their pieces have not gotten interest from me because of the made up compositions.

The same with the Femto one. I prefer sticking very strongly to Miura?s compositions.
Not really an argument as the P1 pieces that are currectly released Miura worked on personally.
Mooste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 06:21 AM   #32
Yamato
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooste View Post
Not really an argument as the P1 pieces that are currectly released Miura worked on personally.
Oh please, I don’t buy that spill. The compositions are randomly loaded with the giant bases and insane fetish that the director has with them.

Those are nowhere remotely close to what Miura would create and all indicative of P1’s normally excessive design.

Miura “approved” both good and bad statues (IE: Oniri Creations, Art of War), based on what companies say, so it doesn’t mean much. It’s just PR talk.

They said the same thing about that garbage Batman Berserk, and if you want to believe that mess that Miura spent his whole life to dream to create a bastardized version of his own work.. I’ll just say there are definitely lies being told and I’ll leave it there.

Even P1’s own 1:4 line has a lot of duds.
Yamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 08:53 AM   #33
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I personally love all the p1 berserk statues they all look great maybe except for isidro which may be the only dud. There will always be some artistic license for these statues. The berserk -batman thing however is a clear cash grab but the second statue does look cool.

Now that miura is gone berserk will eventually become one of these PROPERTIES that have a fanbase that will be unreasonable and judgemental on everything.

God forbid they make a live action adaption or even a new manga the fanbase will be nitpicking and scrutinizing everything.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 09:40 AM   #34
Billy Talent

Feel no shame about shape
Weather changes their phrase
Even mother will show you another way
So put your grasses on
Nothing will be wong
There's no blame, there's no fame
It's up to you
The first words should be found
Whatever hold you back
I can, I can get it off
Billy Talent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 09:46 AM   #35
Yamato
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
I personally love all the p1 berserk statues they all look great maybe except for isidro which may be the only dud. There will always be some artistic license for these statues. The berserk -batman thing however is a clear cash grab but the second statue does look cool.

Now that miura is gone berserk will eventually become one of these PROPERTIES that have a fanbase that will be unreasonable and judgemental on everything.

God forbid they make a live action adaption or even a new manga the fanbase will be nitpicking and scrutinizing everything.
I don?t think there?s any artistic merit to overloading based nonsensically. Prime 1 showed more that they had absolutely no understanding of berserk beyond skimming pages, but admittedly, they are getting better.

That entire line needed a redux: mixed between horrible compositions and / or likenesses such as Apostle Zodd, All 3 1/4 Guts, Isidiro, Schierke, Human Zodd, etc. Too many issues with the sculpts, too many incoherent designs that don?t work together.

And fans should be harsh, standards should be extremely high, nobody should just accept anything, whether it?s sculpts or adaptations.

It?s not unreasonable, it?s having high standards and not accepting mediocrity which is all too common in this hobby.
Yamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 10:57 AM   #36
Billy Talent

Quote:
I don?t think there?s any artistic merit to overloading based nonsensically. Prime 1 showed more that they had absolutely no understanding of berserk beyond skimming pages, but admittedly, they are getting better.

That entire line needed a redux: mixed between horrible compositions and / or likenesses such as Apostle Zodd, All 3 1/4 Guts, Isidiro, Schierke, Human Zodd, etc. Too many issues with the sculpts, too many incoherent designs that don?t work together.

And fans should be harsh, standards should be extremely high, nobody should just accept anything, whether it?s sculpts or adaptations.

It?s not unreasonable, it?s having high standards and not accepting mediocrity which is all too common in this hobby.

Exactly! customers should be harsh, especially when they laying down thousands of dollars only to receive a downgraded or damaged piece.
Been saying that since I first joined this forum when the production piece of Lynda carter looked very different than the proto.
Prime 1 has been getting away with it, because everyone has just accepted it.
I have the vampirella and Batman on PO.... after that I will never Pre order anything from P1 again.
Won't pre order anything for that matter, I've seen too many downgrades and bad paint jobs not worth the money and especially considering they keep raising the prices and using the ''pandemic'' as an excuse.
All the companies have been using the excuse and we still have people who believe it, didn't bought their excuses since day one and it turns out I was right.
Old 08-03-2023, 02:01 PM   #37
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Oh please, I don?t buy that spill. The compositions are randomly loaded with the giant bases and insane fetish that the director has with them.

Those are nowhere remotely close to what Miura would create and all indicative of P1?s normally excessive design.

Miura ?approved? both good and bad statues (IE: Oniri Creations, Art of War), based on what companies say, so it doesn?t mean much. It?s just PR talk.

They said the same thing about that garbage Batman Berserk, and if you want to believe that mess that Miura spent his whole life to dream to create a bastardized version of his own work.. I?ll just say there are definitely lies being told and I?ll leave it there.

Even P1?s own 1:4 line has a lot of duds.
Love this post.

This could apply to any producer making artistically 'definitive' claims.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 07:43 PM   #38
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:

Yeah I don't think the bases are overloaded. prime 1 style for most of their products is big bases and i love it. If you want simple bases p1 just isn't for you.

I don't see a problem with the likenesses. Admittedly zodd could be better but it's still an amazing representation of the character. When fans are too harsh they just end up killing the energy killing the fun. Everything becomes a problem because it doesn't match exactly what you have in your head. No matter what they do someone will have an issue with it.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 09:53 AM   #39
Billy Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
Yeah I don't think the bases are overloaded. prime 1 style for most of their products is big bases and i love it. If you want simple bases p1 just isn't for you.

I don't see a problem with the likenesses. Admittedly zodd could be better but it's still an amazing representation of the character. When fans are too harsh they just end up killing the energy killing the fun. Everything becomes a problem because it doesn't match exactly what you have in your head. No matter what they do someone will have an issue with it.
''harsh'' = stating facts
The only thing I care about is if it matches the prototype
Old 08-05-2023, 09:22 PM   #40
PivotRyder
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I love all the Prime 1 pieces they've done for Berserk so far. The fact so many people have their small artistic takes on the Characters is something I welcome. There are several manufacturers and besides Guts many have different proportions/hair color etc. Oniri vs Prime 1 Apostle Zodd comes to mind.
PivotRyder is offline   Reply With Quote