Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-11-2006, 09:39 AM   #31
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Nice kaza! Bose makes some great products. I have one of their original 3-2-1 systems and I love it. You'll love those phones. I did check them out in doing my wireless surround headphone research and did find out that they have none. But the deed is done. I've gone with the AKG Hearo 999 Audiosphere II headphones. They are on there way and I should have them in my hands by Thursday. I did quite a bit of research and at this point these are the headphones. Expensive as all heck but I did find a really cool internet dealer who had them marked down 1/3 from their retail. Still expensive but a lot more manageable. Can't wait to hook them up to the Toshiba HD-A1. Yesterday I finally started to play with it and WOW, I'm impressed. HD-DVD is awesome.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:56 AM   #32
kaza5555
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbaran1
Nice kaza! Bose makes some great products. I have one of their original 3-2-1 systems and I love it. You'll love those phones. I did check them out in doing my wireless surround headphone research and did find out that they have none. But the deed is done. I've gone with the AKG Hearo 999 Audiosphere II headphones. They are on there way and I should have them in my hands by Thursday. I did quite a bit of research and at this point these are the headphones. Expensive as all heck but I did find a really cool internet dealer who had them marked down 1/3 from their retail. Still expensive but a lot more manageable. Can't wait to hook them up to the Toshiba HD-A1. Yesterday I finally started to play with it and WOW, I'm impressed. HD-DVD is awesome.
Congrats on your final set-up, Zurb. I envy you!
kaza5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:57 AM   #33
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Zurb those your cable company charge you for multi-room viewing?
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:07 AM   #34
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye
Zurb those your cable company charge you for multi-room viewing?
My cable company charges you for the package and premium services that you sign up for, one charge. After that you have to pay a charge for each additional box, I think it's something like $6.95 per month per box. You don't pay extra to have all the channels on each box. Right now I've got 4 cable boxes in the house and cable modem. Two are digital, one is HD and the last one is HD-DVR. You don't pay extra to replace a regular box with an HD box but you do have to pay something like $8.oo per month for DVR and that's per DVR box. I don't know why anyone needs more than 1 DVR box but I'm sure there are folks out there who have multiples.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:36 AM   #35
P1X4R
Producer

congrats Zurb! i'm about to jump into the world of high definition DVDs too! my wife and i purchased a 1080p capable TV today. it's scheduled to be delivered/installed on tuesday. now i just need to do my research on either blu ray or HD-DVD. i'm also going to subscribe for HD programming through my local cable company. let's see what i've been missing!
P1X4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 02:50 AM   #36
P1X4R
Producer

i may have asked candyrocket this before but if anyone can chime in i'd appreciate it. now that i'll be getting a 1080p capable TV.. does the Toshiba HD-DVD player have a firmwire upgrade to output at 1080p?
Old 07-23-2006, 04:43 AM   #37
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1X4R
i may have asked candyrocket this before but if anyone can chime in i'd appreciate it. now that i'll be getting a 1080p capable TV.. does the Toshiba HD-DVD player have a firmwire upgrade to output at 1080p?
Nope...looks like it's a hardware issue.

But at this point 1080p on the Toshiba is irrelevant... considering that the Blu-ray player does not output "true 1080p".

From what I've read, if you're tv can display 1080p from a 1080i source (via HDMI) then the results would pretty much be the same if the Toshiba had direct 1080p output.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 08:44 AM   #38
P1X4R
Producer

interesting. thanks for the info dave! i need to do more research.

btw, here's the TV i'm getting.

http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/televis...ils.asp?id=195
Old 07-24-2006, 04:39 AM   #39
Boerboel
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbaran1
Damn Zurb, what was that again about sucking it up and hanging in there? Seriously though it sounds like you got a real nice system going and for your bedroom no less. Congrats!
Boerboel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 09:04 AM   #40
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerboel
Damn Zurb, what was that again about sucking it up and hanging in there? Seriously though it sounds like you got a real nice system going and for your bedroom no less. Congrats!
This is the payoff for sucking it up and hanging in there.