Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 05:13 PM   #31
Averone
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
Gamestop has a collectors edition. While i hardly ever buy CEs of games, i will spend the $80 for a SF collectors edition.
I put money down for the PS3 version from GameCrazy! Thats going to be so cool!!
Old 09-12-2008, 05:14 PM   #32
Averone
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
SF4 controllers leeked! and they look sweet as all hell.

I have a Udon anniversary joystick for SF at home on my PS2 and gives me the next best thing to playing in a arcade.

Ill prob buy these up like any other SF merchandise!

http://streetfighterblog.blogspot.com/
Thanks for the info! They look great!! When are they out??
One more question, do they make these sticks for all platforms?
Old 09-16-2008, 10:02 AM   #33
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

GOUKEN!!!!?????

Quote:
Another Tuesday equals another post from Shizowa san over at the official Sf4 dev blog. In today's post Shizowa San hints that a new characater will be unlocked on Septembre 26th and will be a cpu character only (for now).

Shizowa san even goes further and tells us to think about who would logically show up after Akuma and we will get a general Idea of who, this mistery character, is. She also adds that we might have only seen this character's shape/profile up until now, ruling out the possibility that this character has been playable before in other Street Fighter game.

I can only think of one character that fits her description and that is Gouken!
Remember that we have already seen his Profile/shape (pictured above) in the SF4 dev blog's april fools post (image enhanced by the guys at www.capcom-town.es)

SPECIAL thanx to Azrael from SRK forums for the translation.

Old 09-16-2008, 11:39 AM   #34
batman1180
Captain Marvel

Quote:
GOUKEN!!!!?????

Makes sense as he would be an easy pallet swap with Akuma.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:51 AM   #35
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman1180 View Post
Makes sense as he would be an easy pallet swap with Akuma.
As with Akuma is more power and offensive , i would see Gouken more defensive with less power. Making it harder to contact with him, but the character would hold back the power.

I only see it this way cause Akuma is power hungry, where as Gouken is more in control of his path of fighting.

but that doesnt mean he could whoop some ass!!!

Still like Akuma much better!
Old 09-16-2008, 07:35 PM   #36
batman1180
Captain Marvel

Quote:
As with Akuma is more power and offensive , i would see Gouken more defensive with less power. Making it harder to contact with him, but the character would hold back the power.

I only see it this way cause Akuma is power hungry, where as Gouken is more in control of his path of fighting.

but that doesnt mean he could whoop some ass!!!

Still like Akuma much better!
Yeah, I am more of an Akuma fan myself. So this would be Gouken's first actual appearance in a SF video game, no?
Old 09-16-2008, 07:42 PM   #37
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman1180 View Post
Yeah, I am more of an Akuma fan myself. So this would be Gouken's first actual appearance in a SF video game, no?
Well very first appearance as a animated possible playable character. I think in one of the early alpha series, ryu or akumas ending had a sketch of gouken and gotestu. Other then that, never was seen before.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:48 PM   #38
MrYac
Hercules

they better have a good reason why Gouken is in the game and not...well dead. but oh well, i'm still holding out that slim pointless bit of hope Oro will be put in
Old 09-16-2008, 07:54 PM   #39
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
they better have a good reason why Gouken is in the game and not...well dead. but oh well, i'm still holding out that slim pointless bit of hope Oro will be put in
I think this is supposed to take place before SF2, which is why all the old school characters are in it.

Capcom USA got the license and wanted to get back to when the game was on top. But i am sure if its a mega hit we will see the other versions done by them again.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:15 PM   #40
batman1180
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
Quote:
I think this is supposed to take place before SF2, which is why all the old school characters are in it.

Capcom USA got the license and wanted to get back to when the game was on top. But i am sure if its a mega hit we will see the other versions done by them again.
I'm sure continuity isn't their primary concern. I think Capcom wants to get SF back to the flagship title it once was. I wouldn't be surprised to see most of the SF2 characters thrown in SF4 along with the kitchen sink.
Closed Thread