Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

View Poll Results: Who wins this battle?
Asgardian Destroyer 35 72.92%
Juggernaut 4 8.33%
Stalemate 9 18.75%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-16-2008, 04:22 PM   #31
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

I think Makarri is an Asgardian. Either that or he's a skrull.
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 04:23 PM   #32
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
So your saying Destroyer has these counter measures? And if push came to shove Mags would crush Doom & Iron Man! IMO
Well you are going by opinion and I'm using what has happened. I remember and old issue where Doom fought Megneto and I thought it would be a slam dunk for Magneto but Doom has built in counter measures to fight magnetic types and beat them. I can't think of a single attack that Magneto could launch at the Destroyer and hope to beat it.
Makkari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 04:23 PM   #33
steve the meat
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

My reason for the magneto question is that he can manipulate adamantium, is the destroyer made out of a tougher substance ?
steve the meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 04:27 PM   #34
Justin
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalJordanFan View Post
He loves the Asgardians!
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 04:30 PM   #35
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve the meat View Post
it couldnt beat a celestial though, what do you think its chances would be up against galactus?
What can beat a Celestial short of an Infinity Gauntlet or the Tribunal? I do know that Thor has said that he didn't understand why Galactus would make the Destroyer his herald knowing that it has the potential to destroy him. With that said I think if Odin and the other Asgardians where in the Destroyer they could fight and defeat Galactus. A single life force would not be enogh to take down Galactus.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:31 PM   #36
Justin
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makkari1 View Post
Well you are going by opinion and I'm using what has happened. I remember and old issue where Doom fought Megneto and I thought it would be a slam dunk for Magneto but Doom has built in counter measures to fight magnetic types and beat them. I can't think of a single attack that Magneto could launch at the Destroyer and hope to beat it.
What did you think Marvel would do? Have one of their best villians crushed like an egg? I asked you, would Mags ripping The Destroyer apart enough of an attack? If he could control that metal ofcoure!
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 04:36 PM   #37
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Well if Magneto ripped The Destroyer open would that not release the life force?
If it were that easy then Odin didn't do a good job in making the Destroyer. The Destroyer is made from a unknow metal that's even harder than Thor's hammer and it contains a portion of the combined power of all of earth's skyfather's. It took the combined power of 9 Celestials to melt the armor and I doubt Magneto is packing that kind of heat. This alone trumps anything Magneto can throw at the Destroyer.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:37 PM   #38
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalJordanFan View Post
Quote:
He loves the Asgardians!
What gave it away?
Old 10-16-2008, 04:37 PM   #39
steve the meat
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
What can beat a Celestial short of an Infinity Gauntlet or the Tribunal? I do know that Thor has said that he didn't understand why Galactus would make the Destroyer his herald knowing that it has the potential to destroy him. With that said I think if Odin and the other Asgardians where in the Destroyer they could fight a defeat Galactus. A single life force would not be enogh to take down Galactus.

personally i think that galactus is above a celestial, the only beings that are above galactus minus an infinity guantlet or say the heart of the universe are death, eternity and the living tribunal.
steve the meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 04:38 PM   #40
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
That disintigrator beam will go right thru that force field. The Skyfathers gave the Destroyer its powers to fight any foe and Destroy them. The Destroyer even has power to destroy ghosts, sprites astral plane forms, ect. Juggs is dead meat on this one. I'd rather see Juggs fight Mangog or Drax the Destroyer with the power gem. A fight with the Destroyer is a serious mismatch at best.
Again, simply your opinion...it doesn't matter if the disintigrator beam goes through the force field or not. Juggernaut's body is invulnerable as well. The force field is not what makes him invulnerable, it simply augments his invulnerabilty. You are still using those two issues of Thor as your Juggernaut "canon," and it is simply wrong. Those issues were revisionist writing Makkari. As I said before, the Juggernaut's force field is controlled by him!!!!! He can turn it off and on whenever he wants to, and it is NOT what makes him invulnerable in and of itself. The writer's of those issues of Thor changed what was already explained in the OHOTMU about the force field as a plot device, to explain how Thor could overcome Juggernaut's invulnerabilty, but it was a load of BUNK!!! They made that $#!! up for that story....
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote