Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-22-2015, 01:38 PM   #4081
built2shred
Phoenix

Hmm seems nobody sent back the Harley one ..... their still sold out...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 02:33 PM   #4082
Wah
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
yeah, i was hoping some of those ones would have been sent back, so i could get one. i guess regardless of fake whatever, even some prints are way to nice to return.
Wah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 03:17 PM   #4083
Morgul Steve
Captain Marvel

Or the Poison Ivy one.
Morgul Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 05:45 PM   #4084
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

I returned wonder woman, bats, and supes, and Lobo should get around $600 back here in week or two... I love art as I think it's awesome to have art behind the statues but just can't support these and if I would ever sell it would most likely be at a loss no thanks...

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 09:47 PM   #4085
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I agree, this doesn't make me too happy.
It is kind of sad actually.
They need to stop selling prints. It's obvious now that they weren't interested in doing it the right way. Signed by an actual person and limited. I can't believe that they are now actually selling prints that were exclusives to certain statues. This is truly bad behavior.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 01:38 AM   #4086
OrangeCrush
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I know 2 people personally that sent back both the Harley and Poison Ivy prints. In fact, my one buddy purchased every single Artgerm print released by Sideshow, up to Batgirl and Vampirella, and he sent them all back for a refund. My other buddy just had Harley, Poison Ivy and Vampirella and likewise, he sent all his back. As for Myself and Artgerm's prints, I sent back Vampirella and Batgirl. And I have a hard time believing we were the only 3 out of everyone that sent back Artgerm prints. Not sure why they didn't get relisted or maybe they did and were purchased so quickly that nobody else noticed that they were back up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
They need to stop selling prints. It's obvious now that they weren't interested in doing it the right way. Signed by an actual person and limited. I can't believe that they are now actually selling prints that were exclusives to certain statues. This is truly bad behavior.
I agree 100% in regards to being signed by a real artist, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with Sideshow producing new editions for the prints that were included as EX's for certain statues and both the EX prints and Sideshows premium print line were limited editions so I am not sure why you mention limited in your post. Their Premium Print line is a completely new edition hence there is nothing wrong with producing it. In fact, its just smart business as its work already produced so thier profit margins will be higher for those prints and some of the artwork for those prints was pretty amazing. Again, thats just smart business.

Hell, most of the people hated prints as EX's, at least that is what one can infer based on the posts made on various forums regarding the matter. And if people really do love the prints, then this just gives them an opportunity to buy a larger and much nicer quality version of the print.

I am the last person in the world to defend Sideshow's actions in regards to thier premium print line as they screwed the pooch big time by going with fake signatures. That being said, there is absolutely nothing wrong with producing new editions for the EX prints. Sideshow never stated that new editions would never be made for those prints and lets face it, how many people actually tried selling the print without selling the statue? Since its the EX, people tend to keep them together as it would negatively effect the value of the statue if you didn't have the EX component and Sideshow producing a new edition of those prints is not going to lower the value of the statue with the EX print. And the fact that there is a new edition for some of those prints doesn't change the fact that the EX print edition is exclusive to the statues. The only way you can get that edition is though buying the statue.

Honestly, if people are going to get involved in the print market, the very least they should do is learn the basics tenants and rules regarding the market. J. Scott Campbell produced new editions for his Fairy Tale prints. Artgerm produced new editions for his Justice prints. Aspen had been producing 2 editions for thier prints almost from the very beginning with their OP prints. I could give MANY other examples. You didn't see people calling them out stating that it was "bad behavior".

The only issue with Sideshow's prints is the signature. Beyond that, they have done absolutely nothing wrong. In fact, besides the signature issue, Sideshow's Premium Print line was one of the nicest print lines I have seen yet in the comic industry. They just made a terrible decision to go with fake signatures.

Not to mention, you certainly didn't see people complaining about this issue in the very beginning and Sideshow has been doing this from the very beginning of the Premium Print line. The Psylocke print, which was one of the first prints released in the premium print line, was an EX print from the Psylocke premium Format Statue. I didn't see a single complaint about it back then. People just found out the truth about the signature issue and now want to complain about everything possible regarding this print line. Again, the only issue with this print line is the signature. If you have other issues beyond that then its not Sideshow you have an issue with, its the basic tenants of the entire print business in general.

OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 03:27 AM   #4087
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

On Etsy you can get Artgerm prints too, they seem 2B signed by himself.
Example:
https://www.etsy.com/de/listing/2524...-magazine-foil
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 01:49 PM   #4088
OrangeCrush
Alpha Flight

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by equi-nox76 View Post
On Etsy you can get Artgerm prints too, they seem 2B signed by himself.
Example:
https://www.etsy.com/de/listing/2524...-magazine-foil
Yeah, thats Ink Ink Collectibles current storefront, which is the company created by Artgerm and a couple other artists. Whether Ink Ink Collectibles is planning on having thier own specific website and storefront somewhere down the line remains to be seen, but they have had a store front up on Etsy for some time now. You should check it on a regular basis as new stuff has come and gone on a pretty regular basis over the last couple of months.

I made a post last week about Artgerm's Sketchbook being available through the Ink Ink Etsy Storefront and they have had various Artgerm prints available as well and this is really just the beginning for this company. I expect there will be a larger and larger selection available as time goes on, especially with his open edition prints. If your interested in buying Artgerm prints, its best to check thier Etsy storefront on a pretty regular basis. Myself, I check it every couple of days to see if anything new has been posted. My days on buying Artgerm prints on eBay has come and gone!!!
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 03:23 PM   #4089
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

My only issue with these was the signatures but it's something that my husband and I just couldn't get over.. I'd rather pay little extra just to get real signatures and I think others would too but honestly they hurt themselves in long run by just not being honest in the front and with me honesty goes along way...

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 03:30 PM   #4090
Drahmin
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgul Steve View Post
Or the Poison Ivy one.
The Poison Ivy print is by far the best print to come out. Even I couldn't bring myself to return it.
Drahmin is offline   Reply With Quote