Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-20-2013, 08:58 AM   #401
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Hey Alex

Relating back to a question I asked at the end of October (but not necessarily being about that particular statue), what can fans do to support certain preview statues actually being released? It really bums me out that this character has kinda vanished off of SS's radar, and I want to show my support as it's a fan favorite character of mine.

Does Sideshow follow a standoff-ish "We watch fan forums and base our decision making on what's most in demand from those," so that we can't really ask anything of them directly? Or does Sideshow expect fans to submit emails asking/demanding for the release of something that they've already teased? I'm not asking if fans should bombard Sideshow with demands for products that they may not have the license to (Game of Thrones, Star Trek, something else that's popular but has nothing to do with SS). But I am hoping that you can tell us a specific, "correct," way that we can let Sideshow know that a statue they already have a design for is still something we very much want (okay, it's Mara Jade for those of you who didn't click the link above, lol - and on a sad note, the original SS news link I posted in my question has since been taken down ).

I'd really hate for her to be let go because Sideshow didn't see any demand in a way that they want fans to express themselves (and all I know how to do is to post in forums like these, myself).

Thanks!
DiscoCougar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:30 AM   #402
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
Hey Alex

Relating back to a question I asked at the end of October (but not necessarily being about that particular statue), what can fans do to support certain preview statues actually being released? It really bums me out that this character has kinda vanished off of SS's radar, and I want to show my support as it's a fan favorite character of mine.

Does Sideshow follow a standoff-ish "We watch fan forums and base our decision making on what's most in demand from those," so that we can't really ask anything of them directly? Or does Sideshow expect fans to submit emails asking/demanding for the release of something that they've already teased? I'm not asking if fans should bombard Sideshow with demands for products that they may not have the license to (Game of Thrones, Star Trek, something else that's popular but has nothing to do with SS). But I am hoping that you can tell us a specific, "correct," way that we can let Sideshow know that a statue they already have a design for is still something we very much want (okay, it's Mara Jade for those of you who didn't click the link above, lol - and on a sad note, the original SS news link I posted in my question has since been taken down ).

I'd really hate for her to be let go because Sideshow didn't see any demand in a way that they want fans to express themselves (and all I know how to do is to post in forums like these, myself).

Thanks!
I have a feeling they put her on a hold to see whats going on with the new movies.. if Mara is Canon or not... maybe if Disney trash that character .. SSC won't see the sell of the statue they would like to see.. and by the time the statue would be available.. we would know that the character is officially not existing... just my guess but I hope to hear something more specific from Alex
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:04 AM   #403
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

but they should still be able to do the character regardless Raas.
after all Mara is from the expanded universe and she was part of the deal when they purchased the entire SW franchise.
it is possible that she may be in the new film or not and if she is they they might be holding off to make that version from the film. but if she isn't. they should be able to make the version from the EU if they want to. they have the license.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:17 AM   #404
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
As of now...it's likely this will be available for order in the beginning few months of 2014...as of right now. :-)
Would a Christmas card and a bottle of the good stuff speed things up?

Thank you Alex.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:41 AM   #405
FF4EVER
Frackin!

Thanks for the reply Alex. will stay tuned for the update.
FF4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:42 AM   #406
Snadinator
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Hi Alex,
I ordered the Iron Patriot maquette. Under the Manage Account -> Reward Points screen, it says I am pending 400pts for the statue when it should be 800. I bet it's just an oversight from the webmaster but if you could be so kind as to see this corrected, it would alleviate a lot of fear.
Snadinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:52 AM   #407
Obi-Wan Kenobi
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Hi Alex,

Can we expect to see in the near future, more Polystone Statues from the Lord of the Rings trilogy? I want to finish the fellowship of the rings with Merry and Pippin in particular.

Thank you in advance! And Happy Holidays
Obi-Wan Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:07 AM   #408
travis
A.I.M.

Hey Sideshow, Are you gonna change Saruman's Beard to the way it should look?
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 02:47 PM   #409
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

SSAlex, please answer this question if you will dear.
will we see any more promo words throughout the 12 days of SS? or was Christmas the last day of being able to receive them?
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 05:46 PM   #410
electroshock
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Hi SSALEX

My question is about Quality control

It's sideshow collectibles aware of the amount of complaints by collectors for failures of painted and sculpted?

SS provided some kind of measure to improve this matter?

I personally prefer one-piece well made that SS reimburse me $ 40 each time I buy a piece with failures

Many pieces don't have priming film and the paint get worse with the time...

Thanks and regards
electroshock is offline   Reply With Quote