Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-02-2018, 10:38 PM   #4151
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARD View Post
Oh yeah, damn it Daryl, take a shower, at least wash your face. Clean yourself up, take some pride.
Why does anyone actually like Daryl? Ooooh, he's such a loner! He's been such a background player for years. Not doing much, or getting captured. Are they trying to hide his pregnancy?

Different topic - Why would any of the Saviors locked in the pen at Hilltop decide to stay? What of the horrible, self-centered, vigilante decisions that either Rick or Maggie make fill them with confidence that their leadership would be better than Negan? Yeah, he's authoritarian, but his rules are known, and he's actually trying to keep people alive. Who the hell knows what Rick and Maggie are going to do next?
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 03:51 PM   #4152
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARD View Post
Nah, even they left and don't want any part of the show.
lol word

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
That is so true. I think that what they are trying to push on viewers is almost a kind of tv show hypnosis now. Let's take Carol as an example, but it seems like they are doing this each week for every main character. Several times during the show they have to just film the characters, with no dialogue, and they look like they are really deep in some thought but usually they are just standing or walking, and sometimes driving. It is like they are saying very softly (in the voice of Donald Pleasance): "Look here, it's Carol. You like Carol don't you? Yes, you do, you like Carol very much. Look how troubled Carol is. In fact, Carol is so vulnerable and dealing with a lot of grief, and that makes you sad doesn't it? Because you like her and don't want anything bad to happen to her. And how would you feel if something did happen to her? Well, don't worry about that, because she's just fine. Doesn't that feel better now?" "And hey, look here, it's Michonne. You like Michonne, don't you?......"
Yeah, something like that. Feel for them! FEEL!
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 09:43 PM   #4153
johnclone
The Enchantress

Actual leaked dialogue from tonight's episode!

Read it here and know first what happens!

NEGAN: So ol' Dwightieboy, it looks like you are a TRAITOR with a capital T!!!!! Do you know how much that HURTS me to say? I mean ShhhhhhH1T! It's just like the tooth fairy punched me RIGHT in my dick when I heard that! But what to do? You see, that's the real problem here D! At first I was going to have you put outside next to the walkers on the fence and let them gnaw on your dick in the rain for a while, then I was going to use ol' Lucille to wack you a few times in the nuts, but... well Dwightieboy you know that I hate barbarism such as that, so I decided I'm not going to do that, instead I'm just going to have you stripped nude and thrown into a giant vat of fresh peanut butter, then I'm going to dress up like Mister Peanut and use a plastic wiffle ball bat on your droopy ol' sack for a whole ten minutes! How do you like that, Dwightieboy?

Which brings us to YOU Simon, you know I was hurt VERY deeply when I heard what YOU did, and how you just left me for DEAD, and SHHSSSHHHHHHHHHit!!!! I dare say it was like Santa Claus himself came down the chimney and kicked me square in MY BALLSACK! .....
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 01:26 AM   #4154
T.MAC
Kindly Asked To Leave

Haven't seen tonights episode yet but after that last post, I'm all in!

Lol
T.MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 07:19 AM   #4155
Demona
Lex Luthor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
I mean, is the comic this poorly written?
No. The story has some slow points, but was never poorly written. Also, in the books the Saviors vs Everybody Else has loooonnnnng since passed. There are no "trash people", never have been. The Governor was 50 times more evil and sadistic, Rick is 50 times less dumb, and Negan is just the wonderful same.

I can't recommend reading the series enough. The TPBs are easy to get off Amazon or your LCBS.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 07:38 AM   #4156
johnclone
The Enchantress

Oh man, Carl's letters! I just can't stomach them!

The cringe continues even after he's dead!

Dad, please be friends with Negan, I just hope that maybe you two can patch things up and let bygones be bygones, go bike riding with Negan, take Negan to the park and buy him an ice cream, enough already!!!!!!!!!!!
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 05:58 PM   #4157
HARD
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Hot showers till the early morning hours with Negan.
HARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:22 PM   #4158
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
No. The story has some slow points, but was never poorly written. Also, in the books the Saviors vs Everybody Else has loooonnnnng since passed. There are no "trash people", never have been. The Governor was 50 times more evil and sadistic, Rick is 50 times less dumb, and Negan is just the wonderful same.

I can't recommend reading the series enough. The TPBs are easy to get off Amazon or your LCBS.
Thanks for the reply.

I've never read anything TWD comic-related other than googling a point or two from the Walking Dead wiki, but I'm aware (maybe just thru here or IGN) that there are no trash people, and also that the comic is several "seasons" ahead of the show.

I did buy the Telltale Walking Dead collector's edition for PS3 a couple years ago though. It included some sort of comic compilation book, but I've never cracked it open to find out. (I wasn't aware of the term 'TPB', so after googling, I guess that's what it is!)
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:36 PM   #4159
Demona
Lex Luthor

Oh yea, sorry for the acronyms For those not a fan of the google...

TPB = Trade Paper Back; LCBS = Local Comic Book Shop

It’s not a spoiler, but I like how the comics are in black & white.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:38 PM   #4160
Mister H
Ultimates

Yeah, the comics are darn good. I’m behind in my reading and my watching. Maybe the show needs to veer back to the comics?
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote