Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 01-20-2010, 12:13 PM   #411
FROBAY
Phoenix

Awesome, I love it.

This bust is not for everyone.

Im okay with the price point.

I ordered 3 and im not dissapointed a bit.

Thanks AMIN KO for the pics, I appreciate you showing how it was packaged.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:17 PM   #412
Darknight
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Yes, I think its a great piece.

Its the 1:1 alien that I've been waiting for...Sure, it can do with some improvements but this is still the best 1:1 alien bust out there imo.

I'm liking what I see, cant wait!
Darknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:31 PM   #413
polystoned
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknight View Post
this is still the best 1:1 alien bust out there
Better than this?

stock photo mageefx
polystoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:31 PM   #414
robomorph
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

robomorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:36 PM   #415
ComputerFly
The Phantom

There are probably 10 different renditions of the Alien creature in this one thread. I'd be happy owning and displaying any of them. You aren't happy with any of them. That's the difference.
ComputerFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:38 PM   #416
Mannequin
I'm writing an unauthorized autobiography.

As for AMIN KO Ajaib Fantastis! cant wait to get mine in 2 weeks time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMS View Post
Hmmm.... my HCG ALIEN FULL BODY LIFESIZE will be arriving tomorrow...
I was really hoping it would look something like this (where SALIVA can be seen dripping):

I am not really an expert when it comes to the accuracy of SCI-FI COLLECTIBLES since I am more of a SUPERHERO/COMIC COLLECTOR... and I only got the HCG ALIEN LIFESIZE to compliment my SUPERHERO LIFESIZE STATUES... I just hope it will look impressive nonetheless.
Hope I get to visit your showroom one of this day if your allowing visitors.. Would love to see this huge life size Alien in person! Probably scare the hell out of me..
Mannequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:43 PM   #417
action-Jon
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Man that looks amazing.
action-Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:49 PM   #418
polystoned
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robomorph View Post
The only Alien this looks like is one that burst out of Mister Ed.
This one too:

polystoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:57 PM   #419
robomorph

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerFly View Post
There are probably 10 different renditions of the Alien creature in this one thread. I'd be happy owning and displaying any of them. You aren't happy with any of them. That's the difference.
I call it as I see it, ComputerFly. I think the Sideshow PredAlien 1:1 Bust is awesome, I think their 1:1 Alien Warrior Bust is outstanding, and likewise the 1/4 Queen Bust. When these companies get it right, the pieces can be knockout. Alas, this one misses the mark by an alarming degree. The sculpt is so wrong it's scarcely believable - it's almost like they did it without any reference material. thx217 said it all a few posts back and he's dead right:

Quote:
This long overdue should-be-grail piece came out extremely disappointing and it's way off from the creature in the movie. Did HCG even used any solid references for the project?

The color is off, the principle stance of the creature is off(an entire neck area is missing). The detail, for the size, there's really not much to talk about(it's doesn't even have the signature tubes and not to mention the mouth area the dome shape). The likeness/sculpt....what likeness? This can go on and on but what's the point.
I like to think we can critique a piece objectively, without getting personal about it. Even if I've paid good money to own it myself. Just because we're fans doesn't mean we should disengage our critical faculties.
robomorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 01:00 PM   #420
ComputerFly
The Phantom

It's not personal. You've made it clear you don't like this item. OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER...

Your complaints do nothing. You can't change the piece, the piece doesn't make you happy, no 'critique' by you can do anything for anyone, but yourself. But, by all means, feel free to continue to repeat yourself, OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

MISERY LOVES COMPANY! Maybe if you keep it up, you can get some more members to join you in your despair.
ComputerFly is offline   Reply With Quote