Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-17-2022, 12:01 AM   #421
SwanShadow
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I've been very pleased with my recent female portraits from Sideshow. Power Girl and Black Canary are awesome.
I am looking around me at a room filled with (mostly) female heroes by Sideshow, and I'm hard pressed to find even one portrait that I have even the slightest complaint about. I have the Storm PF coming, and I love that portrait too. So... yeah. It's working for me.
SwanShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 09:42 AM   #422
AC_808
Hercules

I don't have a 1/4 Psylocke, yet. So this will be the first one.

I'll still want another 1/4 Psylocke that is in standing pose.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 10:06 AM   #423
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwanShadow View Post
I am looking around me at a room filled with (mostly) female heroes by Sideshow, and I'm hard pressed to find even one portrait that I have even the slightest complaint about. I have the Storm PF coming, and I love that portrait too. So... yeah. It's working for me.
There is absolutely no point for me to have a discussion about female portraits with someone that thinks SS does them poorly. That person and I obviously just have completely different tastes

I too look around and think they are some of the best in my collection...
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 10:19 AM   #424
Augen
Green Arrow

Quote:
I've been very pleased with my recent female portraits from Sideshow. Power Girl and Black Canary are awesome.
Agreed. I think Sideshow are among the best in the hobby with female faces.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 10:21 AM   #425
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I get the desire for a more dynamic swap out head, to match the pose as she has just dodged shuriken, however she still looks great
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 11:17 AM   #426
Limmic
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
There is absolutely no point for me to have a discussion about female portraits with someone that thinks SS does them poorly. That person and I obviously just have completely different tastes

I too look around and think they are some of the best in my collection...
I'm a big fan of this Psylocke, and it's the first one I'll be getting of that character. I think the face looks distinct and has an interesting look to it. It's far superior to the XM Psylocke portrait.

Sideshow can be a bit hit or miss, like all the statue companies, but they have some fantastic face sculpts.

The very best face sculpts of my statues would include XM Dark Phoenix and XM Emma Frost, but up there with them would be my PF Jean Grey, which has a fantastic face sculpt. The Sideshow Wonder Woman bust is probably THE best face sculpt I've seen for that character. I also really like my EX Domino and PF Wonder Woman. I have 11 female Sideshow statues in my collection and all of them have great face sculpts.

In addition to Psylocke I have Storm PF on preorder and she looks great from the production pictures.

Sideshow absolutely does good face sculpts. Not all are winners, but the same goes for all of the studios including XM, Iron Studios, and Prime 1.
Limmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 11:21 AM   #427
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I would take most of the SS female production portraits any day over most of XM's prototype portraits.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 11:35 AM   #428
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I would take most of the SS female production portraits any day over most of XM's prototype portraits.
Me too. I don't even own any XM females at the moment.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 11:47 AM   #429
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Me too. I don't even own any XM females at the moment.
Though, I will say the P1 comic Harley DX portraits are the best I've seen yet in person. Every one of them is gorgeous, and three of the four have absolutely amazing emotion and expression while still being physically pretty. And none of them look like cosplayers or real life actresses.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 04:51 PM   #430
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

For female portraits, I think Sideshow is hand down the best in the business. When you look across their entire body of work, Marvel, DC, Sonja, CotD, etc. I don't think anyone really rivals them. P1 is a solid second place, I've seen a lot of their female portraits in person and they are really great quality.

Best portrait I've ever seen is the Gambit EX portrait. Im probably biased but hey, it is my all time favorite.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote