Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-10-2024, 10:37 AM   #4321
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Rereleasing a statue is generally quite frowned upon, they are supposed to be limited. A small piece or two doesn't make it really that different. Just a lazy cash grab is all it is.
The kicker was they gave less accessories and charged the same. I guess that was to not upset the OG buyers. I think the new Reaper came with some nice chains though.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 10:39 AM   #4322
SDguy

is Reaper 1/3 scale, or did they just decide to make the character large when they rolled him into CoTD lore?
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 10:40 AM   #4323
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
is Reaper 1/3 scale, or did they just decide to make the character large when they rolled him into CoTD lore?
The original was classified as legendary scale

The Reaper: Deaths General
Court of the Dead Legendary Scale™ Figure by Sideshow Collectibles
SKU: #7213
Quantity Qty: 1
Item Price
$999.99
Old 05-10-2024, 10:44 AM   #4324
SDguy

Oh, I've lost track, what is that for SS, 1/2? Like their busts?
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 02:33 PM   #4325
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Oh, I've lost track, what is that for SS, 1/2? Like their busts?
Probably larger than 1/4 but smaller than 1/3
Old 05-10-2024, 03:01 PM   #4326
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
Well If I felt this strongly about it, I sure wouldn't have bought the 2nd version, just out of principle, no matter how cheap, Sideshow, like all companies is trying to make a profit to stay in business, I think there are enough differences in the 2nd version that it doesn't hurt the uniqueness of the 1st one, I buy these things for enjoyed, not to resale, 1of 100 means the same as 1 of 100 million to me personally, but to each their own
I got it second hand long after it had sold out, so it didn't really make a difference. Same with all my COTD because these haven't held value well in the second hand market, much less so than the average SS piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
The kicker was they gave less accessories and charged the same. I guess that was to not upset the OG buyers. I think the new Reaper came with some nice chains though.
I would have been upset if I bought it. I mean charged the same but it's years later, prices rose more plenty in that time.
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 04:11 PM   #4327
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
I got it second hand long after it had sold out, so it didn't really make a difference. Same with all my COTD because these haven't held value well in the second hand market, much less so than the average SS piece.

I would have been upset if I bought it. I mean charged the same but it's years later, prices rose more plenty in that time.
This is definitely a line you have to love the pieces you get. You can't explain it to someone that wasn't following the sideshow machine
Old 05-10-2024, 04:18 PM   #4328
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
This is definitely a line you have to love the pieces you get. You can't explain it to someone that wasn't following the sideshow machine
I think any original line is a much tougher aftermarket sell. But hey I like them enough to get them at what I think are good prices and there are people who don't want them anymore and want to get rid of them at that price so win win I guess. I haven't POed (or even ordered) anything from SS from years though, haven't seen a single thing from them that I wanted and haven't been able to get cheaper, especially with their pricey shipping.
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 04:37 PM   #4329
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Nah, I actually am not a fan of the cheat COTD characters. One of the reasons I never got the Queen. I want dead and dried up.
Nice collection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
No Shard?
Cleopsis is so cool

I really wanted and was close at buying the OG Reaper, but the price was just a bit steep at that time (esp. getting it in Europe).

Second favorite for me was the style of Cleopsis, but still think Sideshow missed the opportunity to put it one tier higher by using some clear resin for the blue essence inside the snake. Like they did with the flaming heart of Mola Ram (which i had).
And the scarabs at the base where not really popping enough (bit too small also).
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 01:26 PM   #4330
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

First Look: Concept art for our upcoming statue, Slaier: The Undying Blade, drawn by Sideshow Sr. Concept Designer Rachel Roubicek.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1715621090540.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	170467  
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote