Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC / McFarlane

Old 09-20-2011, 08:54 AM   #431
Ruby_Alexa

@ladylusipher - I own the armoured WW statue as well and its one of my favorites out of the line. I think its a good companion piece to the first WW statue. When Raven comes out, I hope my regular retailer will lower the price on the statue.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:51 PM   #432
jeremydmc
Suicide Squad

Got Indigo 1 today and added her to the series.

jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:25 AM   #433
Ladylusiphur
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

She looks amazing with the others. I'm so annoyed they haven't done an updated yellow Sinestro though. It doesn't seem right that the other 6 are each the respective leaders of their clans.

I picked up a cheap damaged Hal the other day to fix up. Hope I can do the same for the new Sinestro and repaint him.
Ladylusiphur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:42 AM   #434
Primal
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladylusiphur View Post
I'm so annoyed they haven't done an updated yellow Sinestro though. It doesn't seem right that the other 6 are each the respective leaders of their clans.
That was my feeling as well and then I realized they were saving him to use as the White Lantern representative.
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:26 AM   #435
TK-421
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Got Indigo 1 today and added her to the series.

Great setup!!!
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:32 AM   #436
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal View Post
That was my feeling as well and then I realized they were saving him to use as the White Lantern representative.
I'd rather they had picked Deadman or Swamp Thing to be the White Lantern representative. Since we've seen from the Women of the DCU Arisia bust that they're not adverse to designing new busts with the Blackest Night motif, I'm hoping they'll do a new Sinestro in the Heroes of the DCU line that fits in with these.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:09 PM   #437
jeremydmc
Suicide Squad

Got her today and have to say this is my least favorite of all the WOTDCU busts. Which really sucks because Amanda Connor is one of my favorite artists and Supergirl is one of my favorite characters. If it looked anything like the Connor art it would have been a major win. I had hoped maybe it would be better in person than the solicits. Oh well.

She will not have that center position for long. She's going waaaaaaay in the back.

There are more pictures in her own thread at

http://statueforum.com/showpost.php?...9&postcount=17
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:33 AM   #438
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

I've always liked Paquet's Swamp Thing statue a lot, but because of its age and popularity I always assumed it would be expensive on the aftermarket. But I happened to search on eBay last week and found an actual auction rather than a fixed price listing. To my surprise, I won the statue for a grand total of $91.00 shipped.

It's really nice despite being produced way back in 1996. the sculpt is amazingly detailed and the paint is much more to my liking than the other Vertigo statues from that period.

I also picked up the DC Chronicles: Death statue. I owned the 2001 statue for a while but was never that wild about the sculpt. I finally sold it once the concept art of the Cover Girls statue showed up. And since I'm no longer convinced the Cover Girls statue is still coming out, I decided to give this one a chance.

I definitely like the sculpt better than the various other Death statues. It's simple but elegant. the problem, as I expected, is the size. The DC Chronicles Flash statue won me over because the sculpt and design are so awesome. This is a little too understated to achieve the same effect, and the fact that Death has less body mass than characters like Flash or Green Lantern makes the statue seem even smaller by comparison.

I'll display this on my desk for now, but if DC ever does solicit the Cover Girls statue I may be selling this one.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:14 PM   #439
Ladylusiphur
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicksplode View Post
I definitely like the sculpt better than the various other Death statues. It's simple but elegant. the problem, as I expected, is the size. The DC Chronicles Flash statue won me over because the sculpt and design are so awesome. This is a little too understated to achieve the same effect, and the fact that Death has less body mass than characters like Flash or Green Lantern makes the statue seem even smaller by comparison.

I'll display this on my desk for now, but if DC ever does solicit the Cover Girls statue I may be selling this one.
This has always been my problem with the DC online and to a lesser extent the Chronicles ones. The men look pretty good in most cases, but I think the women are tiny. Particularly the DC Online Catwoman. I saw her next to a Cover Girls Poison Ivy in my LCS and she just looked like an action figure.
Ladylusiphur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:10 AM   #440
*rogue*
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Got this last week:

And got this today:

I'm pretty happy with the size of the statues in this range, but then I don't have any of the Cover Girls to compare them with, perhaps if I did then I'd see it differently, but for now I'm pretty happy. I just need Wonder Woman to arrive (she's on her way) and then I'm also going to pick up Harley and Joker too. I love this line.
*rogue* is offline   Reply With Quote