Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-03-2024, 02:06 PM   #431
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
Companies overestimate Tubers influence on the hobby.
I don't think companies believe we have any great influence over the hobby. But promoting their product on youtube channels is free advertising for them, so why not take advantage of that opportunity?

Jay and Ant, for example, are happy to take input from anyone, not just youtubers, but in the end they're going to make the product they want.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 02:09 PM   #432
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Are you insinuating they have? Because when I check the website, it allows me to add 299 pieces to my cart, which means they have only sold 51 pieces.
Apparently, that doesn't work on the Tweeterhead site. It also says they have 39 Superman, but in truth they have 5 or less.
Old 05-03-2024, 02:10 PM   #433
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Apparently, that doesn't work on the Tweeterhead site. It also says they have 39 Superman, but in truth they have 5 or less.
Oh ok, how odd. I thought that was a legit way to tell how many were left kinda like BBTS.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 02:12 PM   #434
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Check my post above. I already wrote this. EXACTLY.

And be ready for 150 pieces to be miracously sold in the following minutes or hours.

You get me, NorthernLadMSP. Don't you?
Yeah, we posted the same thought at the same time

I do understand and agree with some of your statements, but not all. I have my own set of concerns with this Tweeterhead bust line, but I don't want to clog up this thread with them.
Old 05-03-2024, 02:13 PM   #435
Forps is back
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
I don't think companies believe we have any great influence over the hobby. But promoting their product on youtube channels is free advertising for them, so why not take advantage of that opportunity?

Jay and Ant, for example, are happy to take input from anyone, not just youtubers, but in the end they're going to make the product they want.
You are a down-to-earth guy contrary to other guys who got over their heads, thinking that they are "influencing" the market.

If your videos or lives have under 3-4k views and you only got "Shorts" = ZERO actual influence.

"Shorts" and followers watching shorts = casuals or even 10ears old with no actual income to ever buy something

Sideshow "got" it early that Tubers in this hobby have basically ZERO, i repeat, ZERO influence. Sideshow can check their Lives views or their "standard" video views which are LAUGHABLE for YouTube.

Sideshow is a "fox" and followed what i adv.ed her. She also sent a statue to a out-of-the-hobby Tuber with 100k views in the standard videos (not the "Shorts").

Jay should listen to people with ACTUAL knowledge of the hobby, of the economy, with ACTUAL artistic background, with a "nose" to smell what can possibly sell and what not. He cannot sculpt eg a 1/3 Two-Face looking like Tweeterhead's one (a plasticky, outdated sculpt) and think that he can sell more than 100 units in 1/3 scale.

Ohhh and if Sideshow actually produces three or four 1/3 per year. ITS OVER.

No reason to try to compete with the QUEEN of western comic-inspired sculpts in 1/3.
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 02:20 PM   #436
Forps is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Oh ok, how odd. I thought that was a legit way to tell how many were left kinda like BBTS.
Nothern, how it is going to be "fixed". You know the tricks in this hobby, don't you? Superman 1/3 bust had under 20% left for months and months and months.

You can miracously see it "selling" out soon. And then Doomsday miracously only having 150 left.

Let's be real. Tweeterhead should try and sell to Sideshow or overseas retailers. This line is going to be a DISASTER apart from eg Batman or Wonder Woman. The hobby is in big trouble to try and sell eg 350 pieces of that plasticky, goofy, outdated looking Riddler in 1/3 scale when you know that Prime1 is also going to produce one in 1/3 (full statue).

1/3 scale busts and Sideshow's success with her first 3, fooled Tweeterhead. And now Tweeterhead wants to produce some obscure characters in 1/3 bust scale? But let her listen to Tubers.

Back to Sideshow and Wolverine, please. This is a magnificent sculpt.
Old 05-03-2024, 02:23 PM   #437
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Sideshow "got" it early that Tubers in this hobby have basically ZERO, i repeat, ZERO influence.
I wouldn't go that far. Sideshow fosters relationships with youtubers like any other company. They recognize that there's value there. They're just a lot quieter about it.
Old 05-03-2024, 02:29 PM   #438
Forps is back

Quote:
I wouldn't go that far. Sideshow fosters relationships with youtubers like any other company. They recognize that there's value there. They're just a lot quieter about it.
Having only 3k or 4k views on a Live = ZERO influence. Nada.

"Shorts"/subscribers/views from Shorts = casuals or 10y old who can't even buy a 20d figure without disposable income.

Seasoned collectors are also wayyyyy smarter than you think and can easily discern what is going on.

If i were Sideshow, i would sent pieces for a review to Tubers with OVER 100k views in their "standard" (non-Shorts) videos. REGULARLY.

But, please, back to this sculpt.

This is a MAGNIFICENT sculpt and the sculptor is an upcoming talent (i checked some other work of his). He is the REAL deal.

A new "Maria Panfilova" in the works? He is extremely talented!
Old 05-03-2024, 02:38 PM   #439
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Nothern, how it is going to be "fixed". You know the tricks in this hobby, don't you? Superman 1/3 bust had under 20% left for months and months and months.

You can miracously see it "selling" out soon. And then Doomsday miracously only having 150 left.

Let's be real. Tweeterhead should try and sell to Sideshow or overseas retailers. This line is going to be a DISASTER apart from eg Batman or Wonder Woman. The hobby is in big trouble to try and sell eg 350 pieces of that plasticky, goofy, outdated looking Riddler in 1/3 scale when you know that Prime1 is also going to produce one in 1/3 (full statue).

1/3 scale busts and Sideshow's success with her first 3, fooled Tweeterhead. And now Tweeterhead wants to produce some obscure characters in 1/3 bust scale? But let her listen to Tubers.

Back to Sideshow and Wolverine, please. This is a magnificent sculpt.
I do know of their tricks. But, you're right, we don't need to go into them in this thread.
Old 05-03-2024, 02:43 PM   #440
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:

Seasoned collectors are also wayyyyy smarter than you think and can easily discern what is going on.
Not sure where you got the impression that I don't think season collectors are intelligent. I'm well aware.