Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > West Side WAR Room

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 12:50 PM   #4461
cjf28
U talkin' to me?

aaaaarrgghh, looks like we missed each other, Ryan. I went to ECCC on saturday. man, talk about embarassing.

I wanted to borrow my mothers HHR for the drive. I was taking my daughter to her first con. Well, my mother wants to come along as well. no biggie. So, we are waiting in line to get in, when her cell phone goes off. no big deal except SHE WAS KEEPING IT IN HER BRA!!!!!! And this thing was loud, so when it went off, everyone turned around to look at her, and she just dips down the shirt and pulls out a phone. I told her "remind me never to use your phone"

Got some good deal on lead figures up there. And got some Secret Invasion sketch covers done by Karl Kesel, Mike Choi, and Gregg Shigiel.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:52 PM   #4462
cjf28
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
SDCC should be interesting... my second attended convention ever, after this year's ECCC. I figure I'll just figure out what I want to see, see it.. then uh...wander around. A bud's gonna be with me, though, so who knows what we'll end up doing.. haha.
I post alot on the spawn.com board. We have a group of about 12 guys meeting up at SDCC. People from SD, New Orleans, Vancouver (duh), Atlanta, Vermont, and maybe NY/NJ
Old 05-27-2008, 12:55 PM   #4463
cjf28
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
Messiah Complex HC was excellent.

Very well-written series.. and the art was sweet also.
I havent read too much of it. Onto my next comic pet peeve.

MASSIVE CROSSOVERS

Sure, Secret Wars was great. but did we really need Secret Wars 2?

Kravens Last Hunt (have it in HC )
Evolutionary War
Fall of the Mutants
Mutant Massacre
Inferno
Acts of Vengance.
Blood Ties

Secret Wars started all of this, followed by Crisis.

Sometimes, it would be nice to read a story from start to end in one issue, or at least one series. I hate Xfactor, and despise having to buy it, just to finish the story that I was reading in Uncanny. That alone, is the main reason I have enjoyed Astonishing Xmen over any other X-title
Old 05-27-2008, 12:57 PM   #4464
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

I'm a HUGE fan of the Planet Hulk series.. especially Caiera (had a statue made of her, even), so I was spending a lot of time at Aaron Lopresti's booth, an artist of that series. Got an awesome sketch and some pages from him.

I plan on going to ECCC every year as it's so close to where I live, and a "tolerable" experience. I'm in Washington for another month or so on business, let me know if you have time to grab a brew sometime.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:58 PM   #4465
twinzs
anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjf28 View Post
tony, what do you do? I know your dad is a contractor. I work at Precision Castparts in Milwaukie

cory
I use to live right off 99E in Milwaukie. I manage a subway in the Raleigh Hills area (beaverton hillsdale highway and schools ferry intersection)
Old 05-27-2008, 01:00 PM   #4466
Merlose
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
I hate Xfactor
Old 05-27-2008, 01:04 PM   #4467
cjf28
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinzs View Post
I use to live right off 99E in Milwaukie. I manage a subway in the Raleigh Hills area (beaverton hillsdale highway and schools ferry intersection)

lol, I just got finished with a football spicy Italian. they put parmesean cheese on it. never had it that way before, it was awesome.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:04 PM   #4468
cjf28
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlose View Post
I guess I should check out who is on the team now. I stopped when it was Madrox, Strong Guy, Polaris and Havok.

Im liking the new Xforce though
Old 05-27-2008, 01:06 PM   #4469
Merlose
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
I guess I should check out who is on the team now. I stopped when it was Madrox, Strong Guy, Polaris and Havok.

Im liking the new Xforce though
Wow it hasn't been them in years. Its Madrox,Syrin, Strong Guy, M, and Rictor now. I think its the best X-book currently out there. Madrox has really been evolved into a lead man and its great.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:11 PM   #4470
cjf28
U talkin' to me?

unfortunately, I cant stand Strong guy. he was the one I was hoping had left. Maybe when your done reading your copies, you can pencil out any pictures of him, and foward them to me ?
Closed Thread