Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-04-2015, 03:44 PM   #441
Restinpieces
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillet View Post
You're from Singapore and you can't land a Mags for less than this? Wow, things have tighten up.
My sentiments exactly.
Restinpieces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 09:51 PM   #442
Swordsman
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
You're from Singapore and you can't land a Mags for less than this? Wow, things have tighten up.
There are a number of flippers who managed to bought Magneto at retail price and selling at Ebay for 4-5 times the retail price.

Anyway I started super late. Just get to know XM Studios last week.
Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 11:58 PM   #443
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

just saw this post on Facebook by Eric,, wanted to post in the original thread but it was closed..
doesnt directly refer to XM, but figured folks here would like to read it as well

"I agree with you lol I cannot save or help anyone that doesn't want my help. You see there's a time when certain companies listen and some become so popular overnight that they think they are above reproach or above their clientele. One reason I will leave a company is if they are too closed minded or cannot take feedback. Specially when my job description requires that I give said company feedback and I am promised a ton of stuff that might make it paramount for me to preserve the best interests of everyone involved including clientele. But sometimes people just promise/ whisper sweet nothings in your ear lol.

Also I don't like it when they treat customers badly. That is a red light for me.

Anyway all I can say is that although some companies love to say I am their art director the truth is far from that.

They just use the name but don't use the artist's skills that person brings. So in other words when I am forced to sculpt subpar stuff I can no longer remain.
When I am told that I must sculpt a batman laughing maniacally like the joker then that puts me in a spot where my name, my knowledge of said characters ( My 6 year old knows Batman is a gritty/noir character and he never smiles like a manic just for the sake of "showing clients a new approach to the character ") and the quality of my work is compromised.

At some point I have to say enough.

Again my work is NOT the best by any means and I am my worst critic. Those that know me personally know I have an issue with my work and skills, however I can say it is decent enough to warrant more sales than if the product wasn't sculpted by me, why ? I have no idea. Take for example Koto their line used to sell 200-300 out of a production of 2000 now they sell upwards of at least 2500-5000 and they all sell out. Anyway just be aware that I was never art director at certain companies, they just used that to lure me and others in.
That is all I can say about that. Truth is I never have a say on how things look, that along with being treated like a slave and being disrespected and treated with passive aggressive therapy every day, being told my work is not good, and not just me but others too -not just artists but collectors- being treated badly publicly and many other sad little things I know ( I have ears everywhere) coupled with solid facts makes me leave a company.

I hope no one takes offense in me saying this, I am really a mellow guy, but can be pretty stern if people try to overstep their boundaries by trying to mess with my name or disrespect me publicly as certain companies have done in the past, because ultimately this is not a matter of ego, they are messing with my family, my livelihood, and NO one messes with my family, that includes collectors as part of my family , collectors support me and feed my kids..without them I have nothing. .
Companies come and go and every now and then there's a company that will fall of the rails... I have personally and publicly made sure they no longer remain around to rob people, like it was the case with Syco collectibles. All it took was a call from me and a few others to WB, another call to Marvel that was it, Syco lingered a few months then went into oblivion. .. good riddance.

Not all companies are like Syco, but yeah companies should get rid of bad elements that rather than help a company grow can destroy it with their childish/petty and unprofessional attitudes.
And that is how the cookie crumbles.
P.S. XM never gave me credit for it ( I had to edit their post) but I sculpted the Tony Stark head for their new statue. I also would be the one editing posts giving credit to artists. Just so you know"
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 02:46 AM   #444
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Interesting, let's see how this pans out.
Gotta say, all this mess between companies, licenses and various bulls--t is putting a strain on my good will to collect superhero characters, seriously. I just wished that companies and other companies, and that companies and artists either solved their things behind closed doors or by going 100% public.
I can't stand the guerrilla-like jabs, veiled threats, veiled comparisons and so on.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 07:50 AM   #445
darth
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I take it with a grain of salt. I always believe that there are 2 sides of the story.

I thought this was a done issue but Erick posting this looks very unprofessional imho. He just sounds like a disgruntled employee that has an over inflated self worth. Just my opinion.
darth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 07:54 AM   #446
Swordsman
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
What I don't get is...why do they even bother selling these in Singapore etc? Every guy in Singapore that has POed a Phoenix is flipping theirs on ebay or Facebook. Seriously. There are at least, two Phoenix pieces posted everyday on Facebook for 2k. So what is the point. Obviously the market for these pieces isn't as big there.
Quote:
I think something needs to be done on this forum. I am constantly being messaged by new members on here that are from Singapore, trying to flip these XM pieces. The only reason they are coming to this forum is to make money.
Quote:
I am, but it kind of makes me angry. That most of these pieces are bought just to flip to people in other countries like the US, Canada etc.
Is there interest for these in Singapore? Doesn't look like it. So why produce them over there?
When the statues are produced in such limited quantity, there are bound to have flippers trying to make a profit out of it.

I myself genuinely wanted to collect xm studios statues but unable to do so as i don't spend 24/7 of my time on XM studios website refreshing the page to pre order.

I was offered by a fellow countryman to buy the magneto statue at the price of US $3,600.
Old 07-05-2015, 07:56 AM   #447
Swordsman
Death is hereditary.

Daredevil statue has been sold out at MX Studios website within 5 mins.

I can only try my luck at my local toy store.
Old 07-05-2015, 07:59 AM   #448
skillet
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I'm sure he meant what he said, but to put things in context, that was posted in a closed group on FB. Even though the group is several thousand members, it is not a public forum (if you're not member you can't view), and it certainly wasn't meant to be thrown at XM's way (I don't think).

Yeah, that post is not positive for anybody.
skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 08:31 AM   #449
-jase-
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth View Post
I take it with a grain of salt. I always believe that there are 2 sides of the story.

I thought this was a done issue but Erick posting this looks very unprofessional imho. He just sounds like a disgruntled employee that has an over inflated self worth. Just my opinion.
That's how i read it as well.
-jase- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 08:44 AM   #450
darth
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
I'm sure he meant what he said, but to put things in context, that was posted in a closed group on FB. Even though the group is several thousand members, it is not a public forum (if you're not member you can't view), and it certainly wasn't meant to be thrown at XM's way (I don't think).

Yeah, that post is not positive for anybody.
It's social media on the internet, everyone can and will see it. Any adult should know that.

You're right, Bashing your former company in a public manner after things are supposed to be done isn't positive for anyone, especially for Erick.
darth is offline   Reply With Quote