Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 02-04-2022, 01:56 PM   #441
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaac_31f View Post
correct, I always see this type of behavior, the most honest thing is to say that you don't have enough money to spend on something clearly superior, but dont worry you can always be happy with a marvel legend figure beacuse its more "comic accurate"
Lol or maybe people just like different things.

I don't own either, I generally don't have a problem with budget (within reason) and I've been debating picking up the Sideshow version over this one. Let's ignore the fact this one is literally double the cost for a minute, while the details are obviously incredible, it's a completely different style. This one is much more realistic and would fit in a collection that's very heavily XM based. That said, if someone were to have a collection with a lot of sideshow pieces instead, I can absolutely see why someone would be more drawn to the sideshow version.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 02:24 PM   #442
Iko Iko
Fantomah

I see the arguments but when it is all said and done, the key is having options. And Cable has 3 great ones now in 1/4 scale. Congrats to Cable fans having the ability to choose. I wish all characters had that (or even one version).
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 02:48 PM   #443
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post

I don't own either, I generally don't have a problem with budget (within reason) and I've been debating picking up the Sideshow version over this one. Let's ignore the fact this one is literally double the cost for a minute, while the details are obviously incredible, it's a completely different style. This one is much more realistic and would fit in a collection that's very heavily XM based. That said, if someone were to have a collection with a lot of sideshow pieces instead, I can absolutely see why someone would be more drawn to the sideshow version.
No way. If you don't salivate at literally everything XM does, you're just a poor schmo who cannot afford anything more than a $10 action figure.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 04:03 PM   #444
isaac_31f
Fantastic Four

Quote:

bro 90% of the cases or more is due to a money/budget issue (asuuming space is not a problem), of course there are those who have money and still choose to buy the sideshow, think about that 90% before make a generalization
isaac_31f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 04:14 PM   #445
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
bro 90% of the cases or more is due to a money/budget issue (asuuming space is not a problem), of course there are those who have money and still choose to buy the sideshow, think about that 90% before make a generalization
First, I'm not your bro. I've never met you before.

Second, I'm not the one making the generalizations. There's lots of reasons why someone could favor one over the other, yes including current ownership and not wanting to go through the trouble of making a change. Maybe they don't see the value? Ability to spend $1300+ is different than willing to, and just because you like this style more, that doesn't mean every single person who's into statues does. Some people really prefer the comic accurate look, who are you to say and judge what other people want to put in their collection?

Seriously don't know what is wrong with people these days.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 04:20 PM   #446
Mr. Shoosh
Sinister Six

Yeah, pretty inaccurate generalization. Example, I own both Wolverines from XM and SS. SS made the final cut

Click image for larger version

Name:	3BE625C0-1B54-452B-B7ED-852FD40E7FE5.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	229.3 KB
ID:	146490

Click image for larger version

Name:	9EB73349-751A-423F-A4F2-0C6C0638DF0D.jpeg
Views:	65
Size:	733.3 KB
ID:	146491
Mr. Shoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 04:23 PM   #447
isaac_31f
Fantastic Four

Quote:
First, I'm not your bro. I've never met you before.

Second, I'm not the one making the generalizations. There's lots of reasons why someone could favor one over the other, yes including current ownership and not wanting to go through the trouble of making a change. Maybe they don't see the value? Ability to spend $1300+ is different than willing to, and just because you like this style more, that doesn't mean every single person who's into statues does. Some people really prefer the comic accurate look, who are you to say and judge what other people want to put in their collection?

Seriously don't know what is wrong with people these days.

you are my bro, bro, lol all we have a point, glad to share opinions with people dont take this personal
Old 02-04-2022, 04:26 PM   #448
isaac_31f
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shoosh View Post
Yeah, pretty inaccurate generalization. Example, I own both Wolverines from XM and SS. SS made the final cut

Attachment 146490

Attachment 146491
cant wait XM to do a brand new yellow wolverine
Old 02-04-2022, 04:28 PM   #449
Mr. Shoosh
Sinister Six

Quote:
cant wait XM to do a brand new yellow wolverine
Me neither, Sir. But I think the X-Force fans will disagree until they get their version.
Mr. Shoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 04:31 PM   #450
isaac_31f
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shoosh View Post
Me neither, Sir. But I think the X-Force fans will disagree until they get their version.
yes, x-force is in development if not in production lol