Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-26-2021, 12:10 PM   #441
Augen
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
It's hard to find a lot of CW related merch other than action figures. Supergirl had quite a bit from various companies, but Stargirl has zero so far. She doesn't even have a Standee. LOL

I wonder if that Sif you have on PO and that I want as well will ever get made. LOL
23rd September is five year anniversary of being revealed so I'll ask (again) for an update.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 02:12 PM   #442
sabin23
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
I love Daniel's videos. I'm not used to this level of communication from a company. It's great. I appreciate that they're addressing the seams on the stockings prior to release. Hopefully the find a solution but if not it looks like it won't be much of an issue viewing the statue from the front.
For once, Daniel did not say "detail oriented" in the latest Harley video.

Appreciate JND's transparency from initial tease to shipment of the final product.

I realize these videos have ulterior motives as hype/fluff pieces to market their product but no other company seems to take collectors behind the scenes this much and even point out the flaws.

These periodic video updates also make the wait for the statues go by much quicker - typically, most other companies announce the product and then silence for months/years until the release.

I'm still skeptical on the lifespan of the silicone material but I'll probably be 6-feet under by the time these JND statues deteriorate.
sabin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 02:16 PM   #443
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabin23 View Post
For once, Daniel did not say "detail oriented" in the latest Harley video.

Appreciate JND's transparency from initial tease to shipment of the final product.

I realize these videos have ulterior motives as hype/fluff pieces to market their product but no other company seems to take collectors behind the scenes this much and even point out the flaws.

These periodic video updates also make the wait for the statues go by much quicker - typically, most other companies announce the product and then silence for months/years until the release.

I'm still skeptical on the lifespan of the silicone material but I'll probably be 6-feet under by the time these JND statues deteriorate.
Good silicone has a life span of 20+ years.
I do wonder how well the portrait shape hold over time.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 02:37 PM   #444
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
No worries. If they start to deteriorate you can still display them as a zombies/horror line of superheroes and villains.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 03:47 PM   #445
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Sure, if you use the statue as an eraser

like any piece of art, if properly stored and displayed, these products will last lifetimes. Even biodegradable products need the right environmental conditions in which to start to break down.

These are expensive high end statues, if you stick it on a dusty shelf, over the fire place, or in your dogs kennel it won't last long. Stick it in a museum grade case, and you'll get museum grade protection.

For stuff like this, ponying up for high grade display cases is critical......why is this topic still a discussion piece? It's bloody obvious.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 03:57 PM   #446
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
For stuff like this, ponying up for high grade display cases is critical.
Absolutely. Once I receive my first JND statue that's going to be my priority. Will probably have to go the custom route. I haven't found anything that I like or that's a high enough quality in pre-built displays.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 11:22 PM   #447
azurepred
Green Lantern Corps

the first silicone cinemaquettes came out how long ago? Haven't heard of those breaking down. I'd imagine the material has sustained improvements since then.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 04:01 PM   #448
ukshaun
Hercules

How long before behind the scenes at the factory pictures surface?
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 03:06 PM   #449
superdude
The X-Men

I'm starting to get really nervous for this one now. A Joaquin or Ledger Joker can handle a slight downgrade in quality from the proto, but if this one changes even a little it could throw off the likeness completely (especially since it was kind of on the edge to begin with for many people).
superdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 04:08 PM   #450
Exorcist
The X-Men

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdude View Post
I'm starting to get really nervous for this one now. A Joaquin or Ledger Joker can handle a slight downgrade in quality from the proto, but if this one changes even a little it could throw off the likeness completely (especially since it was kind of on the edge to begin with for many people).
Absolutely no need to worry. Concerning all JND's releases so far, all 3 statue's matched the prototype's exactly quality wise. And Anne Hathaways Catwoman will even easily surpass the prototype (check the JND collectors FB group for the latest production pictures).

For most people this Harley is perfect, that's why JND won't change a thing (besides the stockings) and that's why it sold out in 2 hours.

What you see from the prototype's is what you will minimally receive from JND, if not even better
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote