Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-23-2021, 11:24 AM   #461
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I can't see sideshow making this piece bigger. I'd say there's almost zero chance they'll change the size. He's already up for PO and a price has already been set. Increasing the size would also require increasing the cost. Sideshow certainly can't be expected to eat those increased costs and I can't see them canceling existing POs to increase the size of this and putting it up again with a higher price tag. At this point, I believe they're just gonna roll with what they've got
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 11:27 AM   #462
BurningRage
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs31 View Post
Sometimes I get the feeling that they (SSC) are letting XM take the mattle on making those iconic pieces in our collection. I've been collection statues now from SSC for over 14 years and I would have thought that we'd be getting overall better pieces from them. It's like they only hit it out the park now when they feel good a ready to show they still have it i.e...X-Men Jim Lee line up.
Lol xm and iconic in the same sentence
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 11:39 AM   #463
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Lol xm and iconic in the same sentence
I'm not saying that all of XM statues have been iconic but you would have the agree that some of them have hit that status within the hobby. Thanos & Lady Death, Ironman/Hulkbuster, Magneto on Throne just to name a few.
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 12:01 PM   #464
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs31 View Post
I traded one of my Venom comiquettes 10 1/2 years ago to aquire the Big G LSB. That is the only trade that I ever done and the best decision I made. Today it is really hard to find one of these on the market. I never in my wildest dreams would have ever thought that a LSB would sell for $1000, but this one here was a different and I own them all except Ironman & Cap' A. Big G just hits different within the collection than them all.
about 5+ years ago there was a Regular Galactus LSB on the FreaksBoard for sale for i think $499. I remember seeing the piece at that time and saying to myself, "that's probably the cheapest i'm gonna see him." i didn't pull the trigger because at that time i took an extended break building my Bowen Display. Now that i circled back to my Bowen collection i'm kicking myself.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 12:20 PM   #465
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Nah they should have just made a big enough statue.
No statue they could have done would have scaled properly.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 12:28 PM   #466
SDguy

I think a new maquette the same size as the first, obviously more expensive, would have been fine and accepted. People ----- about price when first revealed, but somehow manage to still buy all these "too expensive" pieces anyway. SS chose the smaller, similarly priced option instead, which I think was a mistake.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 12:35 PM   #467
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
No statue they could have done would have scaled properly.
Definitely not but it would have satisfied the expectations of most interested customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I think a new maquette the same size as the first, obviously more expensive, would have been fine and accepted. People ----- about price when first revealed, but somehow manage to still buy all these "too expensive" pieces anyway. SS chose the smaller, similarly priced option instead, which I think was a mistake.
Exactly. At the end of the day all of this is a waste of money and people will spend more to be satisified but will not spend anything if dissatisfied.
No one considers trashing 1K on conservative collectibles.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 12:44 PM   #468
Luminous
Cyclops

After all that initial debate regarding his pose it turns out to be the least of this guy's problems. Wondering how many of those staunch defenders are still going through with this purchase.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 12:54 PM   #469
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Not my tastes, I agree that I expected this to be much bigger. Obviously no one can make an actual 1/4 scale Galactus but it just looks weird being about the same size as surfer.

Should have been the same size as the OG and just upgraded, I bet it would have been received far better.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 01:04 PM   #470
Mister H
Ultimates

Maybe he would look fine next to a Bowen Surfer?
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote