Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 09-08-2011, 10:33 AM   #41
Halcyon
Loki

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboylives View Post
400 Baby Dolls were released in Japan. Those weren't really available to the western consumer, which creates high demand for Baby Doll here. I do expect the Amber statue to hit around $350-$400 eventually, because it's so gorgeous and the sucker punch line is approx. 1/4 scale. A lot of collectors love 1/4 scale.

1300 is more than I wanted the Amber edition size to be, but I remember GG's Trinity on the Ducati statue from the Matrix. I think there were around 1500 made and that statue still runs around $500 -$600 if you can find it. I think there will always be a demand for great looking statues if the edition size is 1500 or lower. Amber will be in demand, but not nearly as in demand as Baby Doll.
Hi,

Where did you read amber will be ES 1300. It isn't mentioned on the GG website (still TBD)..
If so, strange they decided to raise the ES that much, 500 BD to 1300 for other characters..
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:35 AM   #42
ambasah
Red Skull

some collectors in Australia received her already and the edition size is on the base.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:38 AM   #43
dr_teng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Hi,

Where did you read amber will be ES 1300. It isn't mentioned on the GG website (still TBD)..
If so, strange they decided to raise the ES that much, 500 BD to 1300 for other characters..
Babydoll (with variant) was 1000. It's not really strange, BD was WAY more in demand than they expected, so they changed the edition size on the rest because they had a better idea of how many would be bought.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:50 AM   #44
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
some collectors in Australia received her already and the edition size is on the base.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_teng View Post
Babydoll (with variant) was 1000. It's not really strange, BD was WAY more in demand than they expected, so they changed the edition size on the rest because they had a better idea of how many would be bought.
OK, thanks..
Didn't know anything about these statues (didn't follow the hype / nor seen the movie), but ordered the "Amber" just bcs it was appealing at 1/4 and i'm a sucker for army gear

btw: are all of these fully sculpted?, couldn't see that from the sneaks (didn't expect that either)
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:43 AM   #45
chucky
Frackin!

sucker punch

i am sure that amber and sweet pea if there sold out,what will happen in all the stores in a short while,the prices will rise,100%
chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:47 AM   #46
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky View Post
i am sure that amber and sweet pea if there sold out,what will happen in all the stores in a short while,the prices will rise,100%
Is that you Charles Lee Ray?? Good to have you on the board you psycho little MF

(I'm a big fan of Chucky)
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:53 PM   #47
chucky
Frackin!

YES ITS ME,I AM BACK
chucky is offline   Reply With Quote