Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-12-2007, 12:26 PM   #41
cma3
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Ok CMA, I've given it some more thought and here is what I came up with. The name of the film is "Event Horizon", which is egghead science speak for point of no return from a black hole. Once you reach that point there is no escape. Since all of the characters experience their own personal hell, whatever is worst for them, it is now my belief that when the chick thinks she's escaped only to find her rescuers are the same scarred up freaks from the previous ship that they never really escaped from the black hole at all and in fact they can't escape. The first ship never escaped and the captain sent a warning in Latin (why latin, who knows) for no one to follow in. Anyway, my short version is that "Event Horizon" means no one did or can escape once they go beyond that point.
That sounds good to me. I need to see it again at some point soon and really analyze it this time. I remember reading somewhere a while ago that they were indeed rescued but the issue was not the rescue itself but the alien force causing their delusions. I think that that article had an affect on my interpretation of it. I tried looking for it, to no avail. Nevertheless, I like your take on it.
cma3 is offline   Reply With Quote