Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC / McFarlane

Old 02-14-2011, 10:35 AM   #41
nemesisenforcer
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I would like to see this happen. Sideshow always makes the best peces out there.
nemesisenforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:47 PM   #42
CashMachine
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Why would DC direct give up their license to sideshow. They sell their product regardless, yes they may boost their revenue with selling the license to sideshow but would have to compete with them in sales of collectibles.
Seems pretty far fetched that DC would cut their own throats.
The rumor goes that DC Direct is quitting.
CashMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:06 PM   #43
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashMachine View Post
The rumor goes that DC Direct is quitting.
But, where is "the rumor" even starting from? This rumor has been coming and going for quite awhile, yet DCD keeps announcing new product.

Granted, their last solicitations had to be their shortest monthly list yet and getting rid of "DC Direct" as a brand at the top of their website and linking it to "collectibles" sure seems like a hint that the brand may be going away.

I'm just wondering if there is any industry source for these rumors or if the rumors are just speculation based on things like cancellations and website layout changes.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:09 PM   #44
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

I doubt they will quit producing statues/props but I do think SS could take over the distribution of their pieces.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:58 PM   #45
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I doubt they will quit producing statues/props but I do think SS could take over the distribution of their pieces.
Would that be better for them than Diamond? I would think DCD is reaching far more retailers via Diamond than Sideshow would. Unless you mean they'd distribute in addition to Diamond, like Bowen does. That's right, isn't it? I know I am able to order Bowen statues through the online retailer I use (and they don't sell Sideshow), so I assumed Bowen was also distributed through Diamond.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:16 PM   #46
CashMachine
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
But, where is "the rumor" even starting from? This rumor has been coming and going for quite awhile, yet DCD keeps announcing new product.

Granted, their last solicitations had to be their shortest monthly list yet and getting rid of "DC Direct" as a brand at the top of their website and linking it to "collectibles" sure seems like a hint that the brand may be going away.

I'm just wondering if there is any industry source for these rumors or if the rumors are just speculation based on things like cancellations and website layout changes.
Like I said: Georg Brewer the executive responsible for DC Direct has already left the building. Its no wonder DC Direct is announcing new product because all this stuff is already long into production. When this phase is over (end 11) I guess DC Direct will say goodbye. I hope Im wrong but thats what i believe. We will see.
CashMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:33 PM   #47
JosephCPR
I am da law!

An Adam Hughes Catwoman...
JosephCPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:07 PM   #48
JohnMatrix
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashMachine View Post
Like I said: Georg Brewer the executive responsible for DC Direct has already left the building. Its no wonder DC Direct is announcing new product because all this stuff is already long into production. When this phase is over (end 11) I guess DC Direct will say goodbye. I hope Im wrong but thats what i believe. We will see.
I hope you are correct, Cash! I would like to see Sideshow, Bowen, Koto taking their opportunities making resin statues for DC. With so many great DC characters yet to be made as statues, I think the potential is limitless. I would definitely love to see bigger scale DC statues, hopefully 1:4 scale is the most ideal for awesome details!
JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:28 PM   #49
DCCollector
A day without sunshine is like... night.

With Toy Fair happening as we speak, I imagine if it was more than a rumor we'd have heard something official by now. But then again I'm not exactly sure if Sideshow's Toy Fair "presence" is in person or online, so who knows.

Thinking about this more, I'd prefer to see someone other than Sideshow get the license if it were to leave DC Direct's hands. Again, Sideshow's stuff is phenomenal, but the line would no doubt be limited to premium format, comiquettes, dioramas and other large-scale items. I could probably swing it financially to some extent, but I simply don't have the room for it. If they could keep it in the 1:6 scale range, then I'd be all for it, but I think Bowen or Koto are more likely to go that route.
DCCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:39 PM   #50
JBElliott
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

I heard that Bowen was getting a limited DC license, but that Sideshow was out because WB didn't like them since they worked with other movie companies.
JBElliott is offline   Reply With Quote