Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 09:04 PM   #41
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rome View Post
I'm sorry but I have to ask why not? isn't this part of the problem? that we as Adults do not discuss these matters openly?
what is the fear exactly?
Even if someone were to say something offensive or innapropriate I would think that as adults we could address that individual or comment in a mature way.
I for one am grateful when such things like the Michael Richards or this latest hardaway comment occur because fro a brief second it removes the veil that we've place over our eyes with respect to certain issues, and shows what lies underneath.
fact is, these feelings are simmering under the covers for many people. If we do not openly discuss them, debate them, or even argue them, we will never move forward. (we'll only look like we're moving forward)
anyway, that's my 2 cents.

Because unlike you and Cage and a few others who I believe can debate these issues in an appropriate manner there are equal numbers who cannot. Debates are always best person to person and not between people thousands of miles apart with no way of refereeing. It is hard enough trying to control this place without also having to referee debates. I am sure there are more suitable forums for this activity but not on Statueforum unless its debating comics, statues or movies.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:06 PM   #42
rychehitman
Galactus

Creeper, As a SF member, I dont feel the need to for an aplogy from someone that is just sharing their opinion. I think the whole thread was handled in a mature manner, and some good points and counter points were raised.

Talking about Religion, Race, and Politics often leads to disagreements...but it can also lead to enlightenment!
Old 02-15-2007, 09:06 PM   #43
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Of course if Danny is okay with these debates I will gladly partake. I will direct you to the forum rules.

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=37789

And i will close this thread but leave it hear for people to read.

Last edited by Bullseye; 02-15-2007 at 09:09 PM.
Closed Thread