Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-08-2015, 01:51 PM   #491
shin3000
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf-brother View Post
I'm fairly confident Thor and Cable will be awesome but Magneto's creative art direction will always put him over the top for me. That Sentinel hand throne is just exceptionally exquisite!
totally! hard to top that. thor's spinning hammer is amazing but it's not original.
shin3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 04:04 PM   #492
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
I'm fairly confident Thor and Cable will be awesome but Magneto's creative art direction will always put him over the top for me. That Sentinel hand throne is just exceptionally exquisite!
While I think the Sentinel hand throne is awesome in terms of art direction....I don't think it's the best. To me its Medusa with her sitting on her own hair with Lockjaw sitting behind her and also Dr. Strange (to give the appearance of floating in a seated position and also Kraven. Phoenix may also supercede Magneto in terms of art direction. I will always take a dynamic statue over a static museum pose or sitting one.

With that being said, I am taking nothing away from Magneto throne art direction....but quite honestly, I think the new Kratos on the Throne smokes Magneto...and I say that probably because I like the pose and the awesome Conan look of contemplation on Kratos's face.

Just like with anything....it can be topped. And I expect XM to top Magneto with numerous concepts. And most of you still haven't seen some other concepts yet to be posted.

Be excited....be very excited!!!!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 04:07 PM   #493
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Loric you're killin me with your inside knowledge. While mutants have been put on hold, did you happen to see ideas for other 1/4 X-Men?

Pretty please, just a hint as to yes or no
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 04:08 PM   #494
loricstone
Kang

I forgot to throw in Quicksilver as well. Two statues for the price of one beat one sitting down in terms of AD....seriously though...Quicksilver was becoming my most anticipated piece from XM. I like the She-Hulk AD and Black Bolt AD just as much as Magneto as well.

Hell....I just like everything from XM so far. LOL!!!
Old 04-08-2015, 04:11 PM   #495
frenchyoutoo
Nightwing

"Most of you"??? Man how is this possible??
frenchyoutoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 04:12 PM   #496
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Loric you're killin me with your inside knowledge. While mutants have been put on hold, did you happen to see ideas for other 1/4 X-Men?

Pretty please, just a hint as to yes or no
X-Men? No. I think XM is about to drop some new line art concepts that will have statue collectors highly happy and surprised as well.

They are trying to push the bar from what I can tell and that is what I appreciate the most. Not everything has to be super dynamic (like Thor) but a good mixture of both adds tons of diversity to the line. I have a feeling their Punisher and especially Ghost Rider is going to make heads roll.

Shorudan already stated they have tons of concepts that are breathtaking.....this excites me greatly.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:13 PM   #497
AC_808
Hercules

Sounds great! I'm holding you to it, Loric!

Bring it, XM! I want to see your best!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 06:43 PM   #498
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
While I think the Sentinel hand throne is awesome in terms of art direction....I don't think it's the best. To me its Medusa with her sitting on her own hair with Lockjaw sitting behind her and also Dr. Strange (to give the appearance of floating in a seated position and also Kraven. Phoenix may also supercede Magneto in terms of art direction. I will always take a dynamic statue over a static museum pose or sitting one.

With that being said, I am taking nothing away from Magneto throne art direction....but quite honestly, I think the new Kratos on the Throne smokes Magneto...and I say that probably because I like the pose and the awesome Conan look of contemplation on Kratos's face.

Just like with anything....it can be topped. And I expect XM to top Magneto with numerous concepts. And most of you still haven't seen some other concepts yet to be posted.

Be excited....be very excited!!!!
All good points stone, however Magneto Sentinel hand throne is by far the most original concept.

We have seen Dr. Strange drawn levitating, Quicksilver drawn running in a blur and Medusa always uses her hair even if the concept of her using it as a chair is very creative, but I have never ever seen Mags drawn sitting on anything like that.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 08:17 PM   #499
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
I forgot to throw in Quicksilver as well. Two statues for the price of one beat one sitting down in terms of AD....seriously though...Quicksilver was becoming my most anticipated piece from XM. I like the She-Hulk AD and Black Bolt AD just as much as Magneto as well.

Hell....I just like everything from XM so far. LOL!!!
Yea, I am seriously looking forward to them getting the go ahead on QS, that design is great!
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 09:30 AM   #500
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
All good points stone, however Magneto Sentinel hand throne is by far the most original concept.

We have seen Dr. Strange drawn levitating, Quicksilver drawn running in a blur and Medusa always uses her hair even if the concept of her using it as a chair is very creative, but I have never ever seen Mags drawn sitting on anything like that.
yup, agreed with you there wbrother. Just look at he dr strange competition. There were a lot of entries suggesting the pose they went with, its just obvious. If they'd run a competition to design a magneto statue I'd imagine you would've got a fair few showing him levitating also but not so many on a throne made of a sentinel hand. Hive studios hit a home run with Mags on all fronts.
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote