Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-01-2024, 06:30 PM   #511
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Talent View Post
Crazy how there were so many negative comments on the first few pages.
I saw it and was amazed right away, this is hands down the best Batgirl sidshow has ever produced.
This is Daniel bell's first female character so he is looking to prove himself, that means this is the one to get cause he is gonna make damn sure it's gonne be perfect.
That’s primarily due to the classic only crowd. Which can be quite a substantial block of collectors, especially on this particular forum.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 06:43 PM   #512
Onewiththeforce
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

amen
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 11:34 AM   #513
Straken-SWE
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
That?s primarily due to the classic only crowd. Which can be quite a substantial block of collectors, especially on this particular forum.
Straken-SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 11:50 AM   #514
Augen
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
That?s primarily due to the classic only crowd. Which can be quite a substantial block of collectors, especially on this particular forum.
That and the core collectors want new characters more than general folks. The 15th Batman in 1:4 scale would likely do better than the first Nightwing, but the latter would get more buzz and positivity here.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 06:04 PM   #515
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
That and the core collectors want new characters more than general folks. The 15th Batman in 1:4 scale would likely do better than the first Nightwing, but the latter would get more buzz and positivity here.

Yup, exactly.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2024, 04:06 PM   #516
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lehecka View Post
Yay another rehash..... And with that, 12 Days is closed for the season.

Finally got to see the vid with SS staff standing beside this. My reaction was instantly shock, awe, bliss!

This sculpture is a wonder. Perfect. From her clay stained feet, to that deliciously playful backhand sweep? A fcking masterpiece. I don't collect the ladies (for now), but i do collect villains/creatures, & this combo may break my collecting pattern.

Too great a work to ignore, I just don't know which way to go? Especially with some reveals still in store?

Bravo Sideshow, Bel, & crew!
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 12:36 PM   #517
MFrenchie5
Frackin!

I watched the artist’s interview of the concept behind it and he didn’t seem to know much about Clayface as a character (he asked the interviewer if Clayface was human before). He also described the crowbar as a “symbol” of taking back the power from it being traditionally Joker’s weapon. Conceptually, I think that the characters should have been better researched and the details thought out more. The crowbar for her weapon and the excessive bandages were not the best decisions, but despite this I’m still considering ordering it. There’s no doubt this is one of the best Barbara Gordon statues out there. Her sculpt is exceptional, and I can’t wait to see how they light up Clayface.
MFrenchie5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 03:27 PM   #518
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

I have the Sideshow Black Canary and Huntress PFs and i need a Barbara Batgirl or Oracle PF for my Birds of Prey display, but this new Barbara Batgirl doesn't do it for me. I want something more comic book for my display. This new Batgirl wears a costume looking like from a Game, something like an Arkham or Injustice game, it doesn't fit in Birds of Prey comics in my mind especially since my Black Canary and Huntress are in morden comic book costumes, this new Batgirl doesn't fit with them at all, so i will pass on this one and wait for something more like what i want. I don't think this will be the last Barbara Batgirl PF anyway. (:

I don't like the bandages btw, and a crowbar ? i thought a crowbar was Joker's weapon of choise ??? It is a great tool to beat Robins. HA HA
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 03:34 PM   #519
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
a crowbar ? i thought a crowbar was Joker's weapon of choise ???
She's reclaiming the crowbar and restoring it's honor

^ If anyone gets that reference, extra points
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 03:38 PM   #520
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
She's reclaiming the crowbar and restoring it's honor

^ If anyone gets that reference, extra points
Clerks 2

As far as i remember what Randal tried to reclaim back was a racial slur... So if i say it, moderators will definetly ban me.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote