Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 03-21-2016, 09:19 PM   #521
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Odd that it says (COMICS VERSION) on the XM site page.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 01:50 AM   #522
4renzy
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali604 View Post
IMHO he may topple Mags. I own Mags and love him. His whole sculpt is another level plus the concept is beautiful. Xaviers school wreckage..greatest foe Sentinel hand as a throne...head sculpts perfect...paint apps r flawless.

Batman I dont have in hand so I am hoping when I do he will look even more amazing in person. All of the switchouts and CoHs are magnificently done. The two swords plus cowl looks sick. Placing Batman as a samurai is perfectly symbolic of his noble warrior/character plus the mix of the asian aesthetic is perfect for him.

I honestly dont think i could choose between the two but they are two of XMs best.
Yes Cali604 I hope so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLOR View Post
I think that this statue has the potential to revolutionize the history of the collection of PRODER. There are so many display option and is incredibly majestic.
When the first collector to receive it will reach crazy prices on the secondary market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdown View Post
Very impressive statue and you basically get 3 statues- regular Batman, Samurai Batman,and Batman Beyond. Just need metal swords and swords on his hips....make it happen XM.

Yeah - I agree TGLOR and Lockdown: All of these options just make the collector in me smile with excitement that I can simply change the design every season of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
IMO there are already other XM statues that topple Magneto....Black Bolt, Daredevil and Phoenix being the three IMO.
Loricstone....Unfortunately, I was late into the game and I don't have Magneto or Black Bolt to make that comparison but I do have Phoenix and she is glorious.

You all make good points and I am just excited that I can finally have an XM piece that perhaps everyone would consider the best XM DC piece made. It truly looks like pure art that no Batman fan has seen before.

Thanks all for the comments.
4renzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 05:07 AM   #523
TGLOR
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4renzy View Post
Yes Cali604 I hope so!

Yeah - I agree TGLOR and Lockdown: All of these options just make the collector in me smile with excitement that I can simply change the design every season of the year.

Loricstone....Unfortunately, I was late into the game and I don't have Magneto or Black Bolt to make that comparison but I do have Phoenix and she is glorious.

You all make good points and I am just excited that I can finally have an XM piece that perhaps everyone would consider the best XM DC piece made. It truly looks like pure art that no Batman fan has seen before.

Thanks all for the comments.
the most beautiful dark knight statues ever built just
TGLOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 06:28 AM   #524
Peedi
The Secret Six

For me the Magneto is a great statue but him just sitting around isn't very exciting, awesome details or not. I'm just not a big fan of "on throne" statues. I'd rather have a character in action than taking a rest. Phoenix wins for me based on that alone.

But as long as you all know out opinions are just opinions and nobody's facts. They're all great statues to somebody. Or not.

This and Black Panther could topple Phoenix for me. Jean is one of my favorite characters but I like Batman even more, and I like Black Panther even more than him. No matter how great I think a statue is, my affinity for a character makes me biased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Odd that it says (COMICS VERSION) on the XM site page.
My guess is because XM still considers this to be comic book Bruce Wayne, not an alternate or Elseworlds version.

It was stated somewhere, I can't remember if earlier in this thread or on their Facebook, that they consider this the classic, Caucasian, Gotham City born Bruce Wayne we all know from DC Comics, they just made up the costume. So in that respect it is Comic book Batman, just not in any costume from the comics...which is pretty much the same for most of the comic characters XM has done.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 12:54 PM   #525
jpuli28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
My guess is because XM still considers this to be comic book Bruce Wayne, not an alternate or Elseworlds version.

It was stated somewhere, I can't remember if earlier in this thread or on their Facebook, that they consider this the classic, Caucasian, Gotham City born Bruce Wayne we all know from DC Comics, they just made up the costume. So in that respect it is Comic book Batman, just not in any costume from the comics...which is pretty much the same for most of the comic characters XM has done.
Ah, thanks.
Old 03-22-2016, 02:25 PM   #526
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
For me the Magneto is a great statue but him just sitting around isn't very exciting, awesome details or not. I'm just not a big fan of "on throne" statues. I'd rather have a character in action than taking a rest. Phoenix wins for me based on that alone.

But as long as you all know out opinions are just opinions and nobody's facts. They're all great statues to somebody. Or not.

This and Black Panther could topple Phoenix for me. Jean is one of my favorite characters but I like Batman even more, and I like Black Panther even more than him. No matter how great I think a statue is, my affinity for a character makes me biased.

We are of similar minds and opinions on this. I have stated too many numerous times to count that I will always prefer a dynamic action based statue over a museum or seated one.

Conversely, I feel Medusa is going to be the flagship piece (IMO) of XM until other statues come out. Just can't beat two characters in one package. Such a great concept for a seated pose for her as well.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 03:41 PM   #527
FJC
Midnighter

Don't want to turn this into a Mags thread but I completely disagree with the relaxing/sitting around tag for that piece. The XM Mags is a diorama. It tells a vivid story. That story isn't "I'm chilling in a chair and taking a load off." Obviously, there was a tremendous battle with Sentinels at the Xavier Institute. It appears Cerebro was the prize. Did Mags help in the battle or secure Cerebro for himself during the scuffle? The use of the Sentinel' hand from wreckage to fashion a chair/throne is genius. So is his lost in thought look as Cerebro is floating in his hand. There's a hell of a lot you can infer from looking at Mags but the one thing that doesn't pop into my mind is that "he's just chilling or sitting around."
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 06:54 PM   #528
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Don't want to turn this into a Mags thread but I completely disagree with the relaxing/sitting around tag for that piece. The XM Mags is a diorama. It tells a vivid story. That story isn't "I'm chilling in a chair and taking a load off." Obviously, there was a tremendous battle with Sentinels at the Xavier Institute. It appears Cerebro was the prize. Did Mags help in the battle or secure Cerebro for himself during the scuffle? The use of the Sentinel' hand from wreckage to fashion a chair/throne is genius. So is his lost in thought look as Cerebro is floating in his hand. There's a hell of a lot you can infer from looking at Mags but the one thing that doesn't pop into my mind is that "he's just chilling or sitting around."
I agree 100%...that is also why XM statues are home runs. They are telling a story with their sculpt. You can interpret any which way you like. Batman is the same thing.

I agree the dynamic and action poses look good as well, but for some semi-museum or static look fine. I do not see Throne pieces as boring or lazy, Mags conveys so much. I can picture Loki on a Throne, and I wont think it a boring piece. If it suits the character and is done well do what works.
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 03:03 AM   #529
rhy
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Couldn't agree more. What sets Magneto apart from ever other statue in my collection, is the fact that this piece has the uncanny ability to create an inner monologue to all those who happen to stare at it. It's a great conversation piece for casual and hardcore fans of the character.
rhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 03:28 AM   #530
jpuli28

Back to Batman... So anyone have any guess as to when this will ship?