Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 07-29-2023, 04:04 PM   #531
Mister H
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
What is wrong with current Batman ? too much Batfamily ? I don't like that as well, if that is the problem for you. I think writers keep the dosage of batbrats really low in Batman main title. I read some of Scott Snyder run(dropped it at the superheavy adventure... bunny armor gordon..pfftt lol) and then i read all of Tom King's run lastly and batbrats were almost nowhere to be seen in both runs. After all they all have their own title, if you like them, you can always read their own title. Nightwing, Robin, Batgirl, Birds of Prey etc. I must admit i like Nightwing as much as Batman.

I heard some awesome NEWS !!!!

Question Omnibus, vol. 2, Young Justice Omnibus, vol. 1 and not an omnibus but Batman: Gotham After Midnight Deluxe edition will be available in further 2023. (:

It is also announced The Flash by William Messner Loebs Omnibus, vol. 1, Justice League International Omnibus, vol. 3 and not an omnibus but Superman: Emperor Joker Deluxe Edition. I don't know when these 3 will be available though.
Yeah, IMO, the concept of a Bat-family is ridiculous. Bats is a loner and there is no way he would ever put a young boy in harms way or allow dipsh!ts who dress like him to follow at his heals. Nightwing I can understand but not the rest.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 04:14 PM   #532
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I like there being some members of the Bat Family (like other heroes having "family" heroes). But I do think it has gone on a little too far for all heroes. I think that there are just too many extended character for each hero and they just go into comic book limbo or become cannon fodder. It would be nice if they could pair down somewhat, maybe some just retiring or even some being killed off.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 04:45 PM   #533
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

I better start to my The Flash marathon with William Messner Loebs Omnibuses, then i will read Mark Waid Omnibuses and then Geoff Johns Omnibuses and Lastly Francis Manapul Omnibus. It will be a long Marathon.

I agree with you Mister H, Batman having a Robin is a total child abuse. Batman has always been depicted as a nobel, wholsome and damaged guy in modern comics (except All Star Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder title... lol) such a guy would never put a child in harms way. Especially damaged part of him wouldn't allow that, Batman is scared of losing someone more than anything because of how he lost his parents in a horrible way at an early age. Such a guy scarred with tragedy would never put anyone other than himself on harms way and couldn't get close to anyone even if he wanted, let alone build a family around himself from teenagers... lol But this is super hero comics... Super Hero Comics hardly makes any sense most of the time. lol It is all about suspending your disbelief. lol
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 03:35 AM   #534
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Holy Moly !!! DC is dropping the bombs one after another !!! There are some increadible new Omnibuses and an Absolute Edition in the horizon !!!

Justice League Dark Rebirth Omnibus (May 14,2024)
Hitman by Garth Ennis Omnibus, vol. 1 (May 21, 2024) (Most anticipated for me, i can't wait for Hitman Omni !!!!!!! Woohoo !!! )
Absolute Superman by Geoff Johns (May 28, 2024)
Secret Six by Gail Simone Omnibus, vol. 1 (June 11, 2024)
Aquaman by Peter David Omnibus (July 16, 2024)
Old 08-05-2023, 07:48 AM   #535
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Justice League Dark New 52 Omnibus Ordered
Old 08-05-2023, 08:47 AM   #536
Mister H
Ultimates

I enjoyed Secret Six for a little while. Might check it out. Was Hitman supposed to be DC’s Punisher? Never read that one.
Old 08-05-2023, 12:57 PM   #537
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I enjoyed Secret Six for a little while. Might check it out. Was Hitman supposed to be DC?s Punisher? Never read that one.
I read some of both.

I read the begining of Hitman and really liked it but couldn't find any physical copy of it. It follows the adventures of a Hitman called Tommy Monogan. It is a satire. Tommy Monogan is a pretty cool character. He is ex military, Gulf War veteran, He is Irish, Some kind of parasite bit him in the DC event called Bloodlines and gave him powers. He has X Ray vision and telepathy. His eyes are pich black without any white parts so he wears sun glasses to hide them. After Tommy got his powers, he decided to become a Hitman who went after metahumans and supernatural creatures. He is from a fictinal irish district called Couldron like Daredevil's Hellskitchen. As far as i remember Batman appeared at some part and you know infamous Ennis... He made fun of Batman, played with his dignity... :/ But if we exclude that part, it looked like the run had a really big potential.

I read Secret Six until i quit comics in 2009 then came back to comics in 2013. Secret Six was a decent read as far as i read. It was a satire, Gail really liked to make fun of Bane... Poor Bane...lol these infamous girls called Gail and Nicola even made fun of Batman in their Secret Six run... tsk tsk tsk bad move...
Old 08-16-2023, 10:28 PM   #538
Mister H
Ultimates

Green Lantern/Green Arrow: Hard Travelin Heroes omnibus - coming March 2024.
Old 08-17-2023, 06:11 AM   #539
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Yeah, this is the famous Denis O'Neil and Neal Adams Run where Green Arrow's sidekick, Speedy (Roy Harper) turned out to be a drug addict.

Noise noise noise, / 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, / Noise, noise noise / Smokin' weed, smokin' wizz, / Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, / Drinkin' beers, beers, beers, / Rollin' fattys, smokin' blunts, / Who smokes the blunts? / We smoke the blunts. / Rollin' blunts and smokin'... lol
Old 08-17-2023, 11:24 PM   #540
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
I?ve got this one in the old HC with slipcase edition.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote