Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-25-2015, 10:07 AM   #531
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I'd say an indefinite hold is a euphemism for "axed".

Serously though, if Disney makes is a big PITA to design XMen characters then companies just won't deal with the hassle and move onto characters where they are free to be creative.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 10:52 AM   #532
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

While I HATE what is happening to the XM guys, especially on this piece because it has come so far, I do get what Disney/Marvel are doing. They want the XMen and FF back under their umbrella and they are willing to remove support from those products to encourage this. Now I HATE HATE HATE that the guys at XM are getting caught in the middle, but right now they are caught in the middle of two giants fighting, and by being respectful to Disney in everything they say I think they have a better shot of having things brake in their favor.... Kind of thnk we should follow their lead.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 11:39 AM   #533
Reed Rayner
Frackin!

What I don't get is why are toys such as the Marvel Universe series, which is way more affordable and reaches more people, still getting the green light to release fan 4 and x-men figures. Where else these limited pieces in a niche market gets the hold ups.
Reed Rayner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 01:17 PM   #534
SONICobra
Batman

Disney is clueless, putting a hold on comic licensed merchandise is not going to effect the success of another studios movie. making it difficult to have movie licensed products made, yeah that makes sense. F YOU DISNEY, THIS SH_T IS BOGUS!!!!
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 01:24 PM   #535
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
Disney is clueless, putting a hold on comic licensed merchandise is not going to effect the success of another studios movie. making it difficult to have movie licensed products made, yeah that makes sense. F YOU DISNEY, THIS SH_T IS BOGUS!!!!
I agree, it's just stupid. They're never going to get those characters back! Marvel *#%^ed up back when they were struggling and now punishing the fans is Disney's attempt to try and rectify that? I might just stop collecting Marvel product all together. Screw them!
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 01:33 PM   #536
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I agree, it's just stupid. They're never going to get those characters back! Marvel *#%^ed up back when they were struggling and now punishing the fans is Disney's attempt to try and rectify that? I might just stop collecting Marvel product all together. Screw them!
Now you know how I felt when Hard Hero got screwed over by Marvel and that line of statues was vastly getting better and better.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 01:42 PM   #537
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Now you know how I felt when Hard Hero got screwed over by Marvel and that line of statues was vastly getting better and better.
I don't really see that being comparable. We're seeing a cross company collectible ban on these characters to kill interest in a film franchise.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 02:15 PM   #538
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Nope. It's because while Disney owns the comic book rights to the X-Men, FOX owns the movie rights.

And therefore, Disney doesn't want to give the mutants any more exposure than they have to until the movie rights are up for sale -- and they get them.

If Disney had their way, I bet they would cancel the comics too.

It's a very warped logic to screw over statue collectors because it's such a small, and expensive, area of merchandising but that's their logic. Try to kill ALL X-Men merch. And to kill the statue merch, Disney clamps down on X-Men design/creative projects that XM, SS, Koto work on making it expensive and impossible to make a statue. Hell -- Bowen stopped making statues because of this crap!

Disney killed FF. Comic and all. Mouse House is ruthless and has billions to make it happen.
Thanks for the explanation
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 07:27 AM   #539
rjszar
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
Now I HATE HATE HATE that the guys at XM are getting caught in the middle, but right now they are caught in the middle of two giants fighting, and by being respectful to Disney in everything they say I think they have a better shot of having things brake in their favor.... Kind of thnk we should follow their lead.
So, you are saying we should take the high road and not dis Disney in this forum? That is admirable, but will it really matter? Do they actually come here and read this stuff? I doubt the opinions, good or bad, of a couple dozen collectors sway their objectives one way or the other. The total number of collectors buying X-Men statues across all companies is just thousands out of 7 billion people in the world...or is it 8 billion now? Our money doesn't mean anything. Losing out on some statue proceeds isn't going to affect them, neither will us boycotting other Disney stuff. They aren't going to miss a few thousand people not going to see AoU.
rjszar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 08:05 AM   #540
frenchyoutoo
Nightwing

Theyre probably pissed we havent made a "disney" section or thread
frenchyoutoo is offline   Reply With Quote