Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-18-2023, 08:03 AM   #541
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post

Ok, this magnificent darkest of knights has finally made his way, & has joined the ongoing collection fray! And what more can I say, that I haven't already said from the very first day? Let's try this,............. again.

This is a Master Sculpt, that lights-up! Super lucky for all of us! Wake-up, & get this sculpt!

Seriously, this is a fantastically conceived, beautifully rendered work of comic/fantasy art, from top to bottom, & from every angle. Up close, it will curl your toes.

Offering movement, flow, hyper detailing, anatomy, portrait, presence, and a surprisingly stunning contrast between a battered, bloodied Bats and the smoothness of the lightening bolt. Gives the illusion of a truly suspended Bats, think "yin/yang" to better understand.

My final collecting advice, because this work is so fcking mindblowingly nice, would be as follows;

- For those who are just thinking about starting to collect, & want an illuminating start? Just get this sculpt.

- For those who do presently collect (regardless of what), & find themselves on the fence? Put it to bed, clear your head. Just get this sculpt.

- For those who collect & have run out of room? Get busy with a broom, a roomba, or a boom, whatever. Sweep a space, make the place, for a sculpt full of kickass presence & grace. Just get this sculpt.

- For those who are already saturated with Bats? I get that, but you don't have this, & to avoid a possible heartbreaking collecting miss? Just get this sculpt.

- For those who are presently financially strapped? Hang in there, but do all you can & make a plan, and try and land this insanely good Batman. Find a way. Just get this sculpt.

- For everybody else out there, who may have initially succumbed to the shortsighted/nonsense scares? Squeeze your arses, bite your tongues,.................... but just get this sculpt.

Good luck.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 09:16 AM   #542
Onewiththeforce
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

congrats!!!! awesome presentation piece.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 10:47 PM   #543
Johnneeukca
New Republic

On his way. Paid my final payment earlier today, a month early, and he shipped tonight.
Johnneeukca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 01:48 AM   #544
Star-struck
The Spirit

Saw this piece in person today. I held off because I thought the muscular on the torso especially the lats looked off. But in person it looked amazing and nothing looked off at all. Kinda regret passing on it now.
Star-struck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 06:24 AM   #545
becakbagus
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnneeukca View Post
On his way. Paid my final payment earlier today, a month early, and he shipped tonight.
hopefully, it will arrive soon
becakbagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 08:08 AM   #546
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

A few more observations/thoughts, as initial impressions are still lightening hot.

Leaning issues? I foresee none, as the bolt is solid & wide, fitting deeply within the base slot, braced by it's walls & plug-in. The only way this thing could lean, is if the base or bolt would actually break in half. Not happening.

Bats fits very securely, as peg is both huge, tight fitting, and magnetized, so no issues here.

I'm not a "pastel colours" kind of guy, so the bolt colour was concerning. But astonishingly, this thing works, as the subtle grey-blues within the costume/base paint applications are reflected, picked-up, and blend/harmonize the work as a whole. Wonderful stuff.

The contrast between Batman's battered, bloodied, textured anatomy against the smoothness of the lightening bolt backdrop is stunning. As the composition "forces" an in your face sort of effect, where Bats glides clear, suspended. So much so, that his billowing cape, (brilliant!), actually clears the whole of his back, with hardly any contact, allowing a view through & through! Amazing.

The light-up feature is also beautifully done, not being too loud or blinding, dare i say, perfect for the work. And the silhouette effect, in the dark, when lit? Is just another brilliant aspect/option to this excellent sculpt, can't praise it enough.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 10:48 AM   #547
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I loved it when i saw it at SDCC, but due to height it won't fit in any of my display cases, if there was an alternate to base i could get, i would bite.

Last edited by moyiori; 04-20-2023 at 10:48 AM. Reason: added
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 11:51 AM   #548
Johnneeukca
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by becakbagus View Post
hopefully, it will arrive soon
Me and my big mouth. Statues usually reach me within 3 days of final payment, but this one is stuck in Cincinnati.
Old 04-25-2023, 08:16 PM   #549
grither
Frackin!

Got mine today. Incredible piece. So much presence, and feels like two different statues with light on and off. I remember seeing it at SDCC and for some reason it didn't strike me, but wow so happy to have it in my display room
grither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 10:36 PM   #550
Johnneeukca
New Republic

UPDATE: Reason for the delay in shipment was cuz DHL practically destroyed the shipper at Cincinnati, and they had to do a tape job. Thankfully no damage to the statue, despite the massive ding to the polystyrene right where the lightning bolt is.