Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-04-2023, 09:25 AM   #51
Onewiththeforce
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

gotcha.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
It's all good. I already liked the list you had going. Just didn't see Prof X and Lilandra.
....gotcha.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 09:27 AM   #52
Onewiththeforce

the world......

Quote:
Originally Posted by prizzy726 View Post
This looks great. Excited to see the full reveal. If they?re interested in doing more of these DC couples pieces, and I know there are a lot of statues of them, but I want a legit Harley and Ivy couple statue! Sideshow make it happen!
.....the world we live in today.....

....very likely this would happen.
Old 04-04-2023, 09:35 AM   #53
Onewiththeforce

used to it.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototypy View Post
Cut and sew are just terrible.
......I'm getting more and more used to it....

BUT..

I still can't wrap my head around the LOGIC of it....

The brown jacket on Rogue does look cool, feels cool and works well with the 'maquette'......so, why was Harley Quinn, Hell on wheels sculpted.? I am confused as they look like they could almost be the same amount of material used.....

Is it because Rogue is a Maquette and Harley is a PF...?? Because it can't be from the base.....I feel that there is much detail and materials used in Rogue's base as there is in the Gambit...and yet Gambit is listed as a PF. Oh, with a sculpted coat BTW.

So as always, I am confused with the LOGIC of sculpted versus cut and sew.

and capes......don't get me started....LOL..
Old 04-04-2023, 09:55 AM   #54
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Fabric vs. fully sculpted is not just because one is a maquette and one is a PF. But, logic doesn't really apply to Sideshow sometimes. For example, they did that cheap pleather jacket for the Rogue maquette, but Gambit, who was also a maquette (and even sculpted by the same person) got the benefit of that awesome sculpted jacket.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 10:35 AM   #55
Onewiththeforce

forgive me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Fabric vs. fully sculpted is not just because one is a maquette and one is a PF. But, logic doesn't really apply to Sideshow sometimes. For example, they did that cheap pleather jacket for the Rogue maquette, but Gambit, who was also a maquette (and even sculpted by the same person) got the benefit of that awesome sculpted jacket.
....I mis spoke...I thought that Gambit was a PF as opposed to a maquette. And to this day.......I am still confused at the two concepts as well. Ugh...I once thought that it was a base issue.....more materials and more elaborate base meant maquette...but that theory has been out the window a long time ago as I look at PFs that have more detailed and involved bases that some maquettes...

Nightcrawler comes to mind IMO.

Yea, the logic concept always dumfounds me when it comes to fabric versus sculpted.....

Now it seems that if you are a 1/5th scale...you can get a sculpted cape (as in the Batman/Catwoman diorama----Superman/Lois diorama), but if you are a 1/4 scale....forget about it.

Wait.....

Not if you're a 1/4 scale Modern Age Thor. Then you get a cut/sew vest but a sculpted cape. LOL!!

Old 04-04-2023, 12:29 PM   #56
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
......I'm getting more and more used to it....

BUT..

I still can't wrap my head around the LOGIC of it....

The brown jacket on Rogue does look cool, feels cool and works well with the 'maquette'......so, why was Harley Quinn, Hell on wheels sculpted.? I am confused as they look like they could almost be the same amount of material used.....

Is it because Rogue is a Maquette and Harley is a PF...?? Because it can't be from the base.....I feel that there is much detail and materials used in Rogue's base as there is in the Gambit...and yet Gambit is listed as a PF. Oh, with a sculpted coat BTW.

So as always, I am confused with the LOGIC of sculpted versus cut and sew.

and capes......don't get me started....LOL..
My guess is they sculpt the jacket or cape when they want it to be a very particular way in relation to the sculpt. For example, with Harley they specifically wanted her jacket around her arms. With Gambit they specifically wanted the coat tails to flow with his overall body movement and displaying it any other way wouldn’t make as much sense.

Whereas statues where they use fabric they probably don’t have a particular way they want the cape or jacket to flow so fabric lets you pose those parts however they want. Like Rogues’s jacket doesn’t have to flow a particular way. You can do what you want with Storm’s cape.

Anyway, that’s just my guess, I really don’t know. They probably just determine piece by piece what they want to do and how to execute it as opposed to any overall rule or standard.

Also, for casual fans I often see that the fabric parts are cool to them. It could be that hardcore collectors prefer fully sculpted while the casuals and one off buyers are enticed by fabric elements. I’m sure there’s some reason why they do it.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 01:06 PM   #57
Onewiththeforce

makes total sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
My guess is they sculpt the jacket or cape when they want it to be a very particular way in relation to the sculpt. For example, with Harley they specifically wanted her jacket around her arms. With Gambit they specifically wanted the coat tails to flow with his overall body movement and displaying it any other way wouldn?t make as much sense.

Whereas statues where they use fabric they probably don?t have a particular way they want the cape or jacket to flow so fabric lets you pose those parts however they want. Like Rogues?s jacket doesn?t have to flow a particular way. You can do what you want with Storm?s cape.

Anyway, that?s just my guess, I really don?t know. They probably just determine piece by piece what they want to do and how to execute it as opposed to any overall rule or standard.

Also, for casual fans I often see that the fabric parts are cool to them. It could be that hardcore collectors prefer fully sculpted while the casuals and one off buyers are enticed by fabric elements. I?m sure there?s some reason why they do it.

Exactly, these theories all hold water inn my book.

Thank you for that feedback and support.

As far as the fabric capes go, as I look around at my collection and see my pieces, I suppose a sculpted cape for the Scarlet Witch might render her impossible to currently fit into my Detolf as she fits now. The same would hold true I suppose for Magneto if his cape were sculpted and perhaps Storm....

Here is Wanda at the bottom of one of the Detolfs......

She fits perfect there but I cannot imagine a sculpted cape there as I believe it would be more spread out and take up more space.

Old 04-05-2023, 05:34 AM   #58
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lehecka View Post
Looks like a diorama... New hotness just dropped.

Again, the lack of 12 Days this past season is baffling with these reveals.

Wow! Not my collecting cup of tea, but always nice to see another Sideshow entry.

And if couplings are now the Sideshow theme, i have a request to fulfill a long sought elusive collecting dream.

HULK vs Thing, .......doing the "Tangled-up in bruise" jig!

P.S. However, still need a 1/4 scale, fully sculpted, seamless, massive & mean,.............HULK!!!
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 07:48 AM   #59
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I was just thinking this morning about the new pieces that have been revealed and gone up for order this year. We have this Supes/Lois, we have Penguin, we have Poison Ivy. Then a Vox Machina piece. And they finally put up that new Spidey from last SDCC. Has there been anything else I'm forgetting?
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 08:38 AM   #60
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I was just thinking this morning about the new pieces that have been revealed and gone up for order this year. We have this Supes/Lois, we have Penguin, we have Poison Ivy. Then a Vox Machina piece. And they finally put up that new Spidey from last SDCC. Has there been anything else I'm forgetting?
Iron Spider and The Batman on motorcycle.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote