Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-03-2021, 05:03 AM   #51
XIIIWARRIOR
Sinister Six

Just make a Godzilla vs Kong the height of 30-35" & I'm happy!
XIIIWARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 06:24 AM   #52
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by XIIIWARRIOR View Post
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 09:48 AM   #53
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

This is awesome

Fan of busts only if they are monsters/creatures

Might actually make room for this one along with Kong...
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 10:02 AM   #54
TheProfessional
Frackin!

This is already up for preorder on Sideshow!
TheProfessional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 10:42 AM   #55
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Hopefully P1 will announce 1/3 or 1/4 statues of both Kong and Godzilla......
I’m more interested in seeing the warehouse you have to display them in
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 11:55 AM   #56
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

So . . . I thought this extravagant base would make sense after I watched the movie, nope. I mean we all knew Godzilla was the more dominant monster and kings do sit atop pyramids, but I think it would’ve been cool if this base was from the movie which it’s not.

I figured there was going to be some back story Godzilla sleeps in this city sized underwater temple on the deepest dark trenches on the ocean floor...which I thought would’ve been cool adding more story to the character we didn’t know before.

Overall it was worth a watch. Little to no magical scenes. I love Kong and Godzilla but for me it fell flat (maybe I was expecting too much but we’re talking about Kong and GodZilla here the two biggest baddest monsters) I thought the 1st Pacific Rim was a much better film. Overall I’d rate it a generous 5.7/10
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 12:12 PM   #57
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by XIIIWARRIOR View Post
Problem is if he's 35" tall that means he's going to be at least 70" long.

The Xplus Gigantic is about 19" high and 39" long...i'd personally like him more around this scale (20" mark + base), that also them matches up with Prime 1's Gamera and Kong.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 12:15 PM   #58
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
So . . . I thought this extravagant base would make sense after I watched the movie, nope. I mean we all knew Godzilla was the more dominant monster and kings do sit atop pyramids, but I think it would’ve been cool if this base was from the movie which it’s not.

I figured there was going to be some back story Godzilla sleeps in this city sized underwater temple on the deepest dark trenches on the ocean floor...which I thought would’ve been cool adding more story to the character we didn’t know before.

Overall it was worth a watch. Little to no magical scenes. I love Kong and Godzilla but for me it fell flat (maybe I was expecting too much but we’re talking about Kong and GodZilla here the two biggest baddest monsters) I thought the 1st Pacific Rim was a much better film. Overall I’d rate it a generous 5.7/10
The underwater temple scene is in KOTM dude he goes back there to regenerate.

I think 5.7 is low, it's a good solid 7.5 to 8. It's very much more a Kong movie but that makes sense with Godzilla having 2 movies already and Kong only having 1.

I still think KOTM is better but I still though it was a blast especially the last 40 mins.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 12:59 PM   #59
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
The underwater temple scene is in KOTM dude he goes back there to regenerate.

I think 5.7 is low, it's a good solid 7.5 to 8. It's very much more a Kong movie but that makes sense with Godzilla having 2 movies already and Kong only having 1.

I still think KOTM is better but I still though it was a blast especially the last 40 mins.
KOTM was a snooze fest I literally fell asleep during that abomination, I guess I missed that part hahaha. I own all the films and it pained me to purchase KOTM because I thought it sucked as bad as G14 (which I didn’t think was possible) I’ll go back a watch for the temple scene.

IMO 7.5-8 is crazy high for this. The monsters and their awesomeness couldn’t save this one and I’m as big a monster lover as any. The plot and integration of the two characters and their storylines was lousy. That is the key for a good VS movie ....showing a little bit of the characters on their own, then bringing them together in a couple of battles culminating in the climax, which was EXCELLENT. I loved the last 2-3 minutes of action. The Hong Kong battle was average, on par with Kong vs V Rex and Kong vs Crocosile Skull Snake things...nothing special, but the climax was excellent.

“Hollow Earth” was silly storyline that did nothing for the movie.

The movie has some cool shots, not too many cool scenes which was strange being there are the biggest and baddest characters to grace the screen.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 04:16 PM   #60
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
KOTM was a snooze fest I literally fell asleep during that abomination, I guess I missed that part hahaha. I own all the films and it pained me to purchase KOTM because I thought it sucked as bad as G14 (which I didn’t think was possible) I’ll go back a watch for the temple scene.

IMO 7.5-8 is crazy high for this. The monsters and their awesomeness couldn’t save this one and I’m as big a monster lover as any. The plot and integration of the two characters and their storylines was lousy. That is the key for a good VS movie ....showing a little bit of the characters on their own, then bringing them together in a couple of battles culminating in the climax, which was EXCELLENT. I loved the last 2-3 minutes of action. The Hong Kong battle was average, on par with Kong vs V Rex and Kong vs Crocosile Skull Snake things...nothing special, but the climax was excellent.

“Hollow Earth” was silly storyline that did nothing for the movie.

The movie has some cool shots, not too many cool scenes which was strange being there are the biggest and baddest characters to grace the screen.
Now I know it wasn’t the greatest of films, but it wasn’t that bad. It’s not Shakespeare, far from it, but if you found it that boring, you must fall asleep in a lot of movies. Heck a lot of sci-fi/fantasy films are far slower than King of the Monsters ended up being.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote