Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-27-2019, 11:23 AM   #51
Demona
Lex Luthor

Along with Nightcrawler, Beast needs to be made. It's bananas he is just sitting on the sidelines. Or how about Archangel?

Blink is too obscure, but I'd love a PF of her.

I would also think Bishop should be on his way with Cable being out there. Probably not though.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 11:27 AM   #52
Demona
Lex Luthor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MgMorden View Post
Looks good to me. Yes Harley is a bit played out (even as someone who specifically collects Harley statues) but this is one of the better looking ones so its on my buy list.

Assuming it's fully sculpted. If that jacket is mixed media its a pass for me.
I have been looking at the jacket. I think it's sculpted because the spandex sleeves are SUPER tight on her arms. There should be more spacing if it was fabric. Also the jacket snaps look sculpted on and I don't see any stitching where the colors change and the dice logo is.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 11:40 AM   #53
Ravager
The Spirit

Too bad they have the anti-sexy tushy thing with some of these recent comic statues. The face and torso look great though. Lucky I converted to 1/3 scale DC or I may have been tempted to pick this up.
Ravager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 11:48 AM   #54
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I hope you all get the Batman you've been searching for

The character that has been beat to death that I would like to see ANOTHER version of is Black Widow. However, I want her in the grey suit with short hair. SS will never do it, but still....
Grey costume would be cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrocodileRock View Post
maybe give us the Bruce Wayne portrait so there is something in it we haven't seen yet from sideshow.
The definitive Batman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
I wasn't a fan of either portrait. I really hope the next one is a home run and has an EX more inspired than a hand holding a batarang(s).
Sideshow struggles with comic book Batman portraits. In most cases he looks too old or ugly. The Modern Age PF head was decent. Not much else in any other format has been (life size busts are decent).
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 11:52 AM   #55
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
Too bad they have the anti-sexy tushy thing with some of these recent comic statues. The face and torso look great though. Lucky I converted to 1/3 scale DC or I may have been tempted to pick this up.
Just how trashy do you want this thing to look?
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 11:55 AM   #56
Ravager
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
Just how trashy do you want this thing to look?
Let’s see. I love what Sideshow has been doing with Red Sonja, but they are probably shackled somewhat with DC licences. I think Prime 1 has the some of same issues with DC pieces. I remember the original Rogue PF backend fiasco, so I am sure they tone down a lot behind the scenes before the actual reveal. But since I am now collecting 1/3 scale DC, I’ll just have fun watching pics of her from other members collections.
Ravager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 12:11 PM   #57
Foreverkiller
Doh!

Sculpt and paint look fantastic, but the over-the-shoulder look will always be hit or miss because it removes a great percentage of the statue's display surface, in this case, the frontal portion of Harley's torso. It is the same concept with SS most recent Poison Ivy statue. To me, it is a poorly executed pose, yet what the sculptor should have done was, perhaps, create a multi-pose head format based around her neck choker, where you could adjust the head to face forward, or to the left or right. That way you could have a choice in your statue's pose. I enjoy the 52 appearance, though the pigtails, in my opinion, should have been black and red. As well, I do agree with many of the voices out there that repeating a statue, even from a monetary standpoint, starts to get boring and doesn't create as much excitement as other statues from the DC lineup that have not been released yet, perhaps never will...
Foreverkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 12:34 PM   #58
AC_808
Hercules

Have not added HQ to my shelves yet, so this will be highly considered! Especially if the price is reasonable. The sculpt is really well done, IMO.

Definitely don't mind this to be my modern HQ ...and still be on the lookout for a classic HQ.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 12:35 PM   #59
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Yawn. Lol, that SSC employee seems so excited to show off the 10000th Harley.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 12:37 PM   #60
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Looks good...but why?
+1
The General is offline   Reply With Quote