Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-24-2010, 05:10 PM   #51
ottorino
The X-Men

After rambo ,stallone has still got, i cant wait for the expendables. hopefully he makes a few more action movies.
ottorino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:21 PM   #52
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottorino View Post
After rambo ,stallone has still got, i cant wait for the expendables. hopefully he makes a few more action movies.
I agree. Rambo was a fun film and I enjoyed seeing him in a no hold barred kick ass action flick. Looking forward to The Expendables being more of the same.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:26 PM   #53
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Well we all have different taste. I found Groundhog Day to be repetitive (I know that was the point) and a completely annoying by the numbers comedy.

I don't buy into hype so I went into Lost In Translation with an open mind and enjoyed it. Admittedly that film isn't for everyone though and the same could be said for Life Aquatic which I found completely quirky, quite funny and totally original.
Seems we have mostly the same tastes Hellboy - I found the same - although I loved Groundhogs Day as well...
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:52 PM   #54
patrickwm68
The Flash

Quote:
Well we all have different taste. I found Groundhog Day to be repetitive (I know that was the point) and a completely annoying by the numbers comedy.

I don't buy into hype so I went into Lost In Translation with an open mind and enjoyed it. Admittedly that film isn't for everyone though and the same could be said for Life Aquatic which I found completely quirky, quite funny and totally original.
I was just stating what I thought of those movies and I'm not blaming Bill Murray for it. These are just the kind of movies he prefers to do now. I prefer his classic comedic stuff.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:27 PM   #55
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickwm68 View Post
I was just stating what I thought of those movies and I'm not blaming Bill Murray for it. These are just the kind of movies he prefers to do now. I prefer his classic comedic stuff.
Oh overall I totally agree. While I love his current work Carl Spackler (Caddyshack) will ALWAYS be my favorite Bill Murray role.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:32 PM   #56
Tattoo-X

Quote:
Oh overall I totally agree. While I love his current work Carl Spackler (Caddyshack) will ALWAYS be my favorite Bill Murray role.
Love Caddyshack. Classic!
Old 06-24-2010, 07:32 PM   #57
Tattoo-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottorino View Post
Looking forward to this movie as well. May have to add it the the theater list this summer.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:50 PM   #58
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo-X View Post
Love Caddyshack. Classic!
Hilarious (I haven't watched this movie in years, but I still quote lines from it all the time).

Let's not forget Scrooged either . . . part of my Christmas tradition every year

As for Sly Stallone, if the Expendables turns out anything like Rambo, I'll be totally happy.

Seems like the natural transition for alot of actors these days, is to make some really good movies, then make some pretty average movies, then they end up on Law & Order
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:56 PM   #59
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

I just saw Bad lieutenant and Nic cage was awesome in it. He has definitely still got it!!
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:58 PM   #60
Tattoo-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
Hilarious (I haven't watched this movie in years, but I still quote lines from it all the time).

Let's not forget Scrooged either
. . . part of my Christmas tradition every year

As for Sly Stallone, if the Expendables turns out anything like Rambo, I'll be totally happy.

Seems like the natural transition for alot of actors these days, is to make some really good movies, then make some pretty average movies, then they end up on Law & Order
I was thinking the same thing right after I posted.