"HYPERREAL."
morty76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 01:19 PM   #52
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I'll be honest.....I love this piece.

The piece exudes elegance, and somehow makes your typical Superhero piece look like a cheap toy......there's a sophistication to the piece that can't be claimed by Wonder Woman or any of the previous pieces.....in my subjective opinion, of course.
it is quite gorgeous. Now it would be very difficult for me to resist if they did anything from Hero, Curse of the Golden Flower, House of Flying Daggers, or Crouching Tiger.
grphyx1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 03:01 PM   #53
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post
100%

They seem so mundane suddenly.
I'm wondering if it's the case that the Superhero genre seems "cheap" or childish in comparison, or, has it just been done to death, by so many companies, that it's just "run of the mill" now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
it is quite gorgeous. Now it would be very difficult for me to resist if they did anything from Hero, Curse of the Golden Flower, House of Flying Daggers, or Crouching Tiger.
Exactly This piece actually got me thinking about other areas that would be great for a figure line.....I'd love to see a Runway Super Model line - like Victoria's Secret or Womens Beach Volley Ball Team / Sports celebrity line....
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 03:12 PM   #54
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
I'd love to see a Runway Super Model line - like Victoria's Secret or Womens Beach Volley Ball Team / Sports celebrity line....
As would I
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 04:48 PM   #55
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Oh, good Lord, a Zhang Ziyi statue done in this style? Now that would be hard to resist for me.

Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 02:59 PM   #56
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
I'm wondering if it's the case that the Superhero genre seems "cheap" or childish in comparison, or, has it just been done to death, by so many companies, that it's just "run of the mill" now?
Superheros fatigue + costume phobia. We've been seeing too many of them for far too long. It's been non-stop.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 03:10 PM   #57
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Exactly This piece actually got me thinking about other areas that would be great for a figure line.....I'd love to see a Runway Super Model line - like Victoria's Secret or Womens Beach Volley Ball Team / Sports celebrity line....
Let's start with this one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	supermodels.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	194.0 KB
ID:	169127  
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 05:14 PM   #58
Kamxam
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Ended up pre-ordering this one. Love the look and it's just too nice to pass up for me.
Kamxam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 06:39 PM   #59
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post
Let's start with this one.
Stephanie Seymour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamxam View Post
Ended up pre-ordering this one. Love the look and it's just too nice to pass up for me.
Sweet, post some pics whenever it arrives
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 07:04 PM   #60
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
I'll be honest.....I love this piece.

The piece exudes elegance, and somehow makes your typical Superhero piece look like a cheap toy......there's a sophistication to the piece that can't be claimed by Wonder Woman or any of the previous pieces.....in my subjective opinion, of course.
It’s just society’s current perception of such things. Even while I do like my superhero representation, I know that to the bulk of the population it’s considered childish, and that perception colours all of our views no matter our own personal tastes. Whereas pieces representing ages gone by, of fantasy’s of their time, such as of Greek Gods and the other epics are considered art.

Heck, even statues of other non superhero movies, are considered to have that same childish/toy mentality attached, depending on their genre. Such as action, sci-fi, and fantasy. The only ones which may escape such consideration are pieces from dramas and the like.

For this piece in particular, given that nearly all of us on this forum are totally unaware of the property, makes it that much more unique and different than our standard fare.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote