Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Reviews

Old 07-09-2006, 07:48 PM   #51
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

the base looks about maybe a 3-4" circle, the building corners hang over the base about 1/4th of an inch on both sides

weight, feels like about 10-11 pounds without looking at the box
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 08:15 PM   #52
Tattoo-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkfire00
the base looks about maybe a 3-4" circle, the building corners hang over the base about 1/4th of an inch on both sides

weight, feels like about 10-11 pounds without looking at the box
Wow, isn't it a little top heavy?
My 44 oz pepsi cup is 3 1/2 at the bottom, and 4 1/2 at the top, but nearly a third of that height.
I'm guessing the cape area is around 6" across.

Old 07-10-2006, 02:00 PM   #53
yodanut
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I still can't decide which one is better. I have the WMK too and although I was planning on getting rid of one of them, they both look great.
yodanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 02:03 PM   #54
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo-X
Wow, isn't it a little top heavy?
My 44 oz pepsi cup is 3 1/2 at the bottom, and 4 1/2 at the top, but nearly a third of that height.
I'm guessing the cape area is around 6" across.

tip to tip, around 8"
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 08:19 PM   #55
Tattoo-X

Wink

Cool. Thanks for the info.
I was going to post this question again, but thougt to check here.
Actually, I forgot that I asked about the base and weight, but new shelf plans made me think about the base again.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:38 PM   #56
claws181
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I think this is a beautiful piece. I have admired it at my LCS now for a while. I wish I had the room to warrant me getting one.
claws181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 03:02 PM   #57
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

This looks like a serious piece of work and the longer I think about it the more I want to have one in my collection.
The White MK does look great but is a bit too expensive for me so I think I will be going for this silver version.
Beware of the Fist of Khonshu because the Moon Knight is coming over... oh yeah!

Rainer

Nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 05:22 PM   #58
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Hi guys,

just wanted to add to my previous post that after a bit of surfing on the Net I discovered that the creator of Moon Knight intended the costume to be silver and not white:

With the 3rd issue of his hit revival series now in the stores, Marvel's Moon Knight makes his long-awaited debut as a 1:8 scale resin statue from Bowen Designs.

Perched upon a crumbling parapet, Moon Knight is poised to do battle with the nocturnal predators who victimize the helpless. Sculpted by the Kucharek Brothers, Moon Knight is offered in a limited edition of 2,000.

When Bowen Designs first announced the pending production of the Moon Knight statue several months ago, debate immediately erupted among the fan/collector community online as to the “correct” color of his costume. One faction favored silver; the other preferred white.

ALL text descriptions of the nocturnal avenger throughout his 30+ years of existence have described his crimefighting garb as silver. Even his creator, writer Doug Moench, flatly declared and confirmed in many interviews that the costume was indeed supposed to be silver.

However, confusion arose due to the limitations of the pre-computer color palate available to the comic book colorists of the '70s, '80s, and early '90s, the first 20 years of Moon Knight's existence. Not having anything resembling a true silver available to them, they colored his outfit white with pastel blue highlights as a sort of visual shorthand to denote silver. Yet, even though he was colored exactly the same as the Silver Surfer had always been, many young readers of that era apparently never made the leap to conclude Moon Knight was likewise supposed to be silver.

To help settle the debate, Randy Bowen launched an online poll to determine what color fans felt the Moon Knight statue should be produced in. Silver dominated in the poll, but white still made a respectable showing. So Bowen decided to make a silver-colored regular edition, with a website-exclusive white variant to follow shortly after. This white edition was produced in an extremely limited edition of only 600, and sold out in pre-orders the same day the offering was posted.
Unquote

I guess that kinda settles the score for me. Next month I am going to treat myself on a Silver Moon Knight FS. Yes sir, you better believe it!

Rainer

Nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 06:12 PM   #59
Alex655321
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Great Post Rainer
Did not know the history of what color Moonknight should be.
I though he was supposed to be white.
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 07:52 AM   #60
legendsofbatman
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector View Post
By no means did I mean to say it was a bad statue. There is much that impresses by it. I just think the definitive version is shipping soon, and that a few more details could have made this piece really killer.
I received this and the In Flight Superman Returns statue the same day. Funny how I paid about the same for both, and this is massive and the so-called Superman statue is in scale of a marvel legends figure.
So, I saw the 2-dimensional aspects of it, but, was so much more impressed by this than that over-priced doesnt look a thing like brandon routh statue, that requires a magnifying glass to see.
If Clara Peller were alive, she'd undoubtedly have asked of the Superman statue, "Where's the beef?"
legendsofbatman is offline   Reply With Quote