Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tsume / Attakus

View Poll Results: Which C3PO is better?
Attakus (right) 14 35.90%
Gentle Giant (left) 24 61.54%
Don't know... 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2005, 04:02 PM   #51
Gruson
Suicide Squad

I think the Sideshow "humans" look pretty damn good. I am very excited about this line. They are better than any other scuplts I have seen:

Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 04:07 PM   #52
spider-man
Knife to the Eye

uhhhh.....yea, so any...way. I took the high road and edited my post. This will be the last thing I say about this . GG by far make the best and most accurate representaions of any star wars products on the market bar none. when you have the actual props and actors to scan you can't get more accurate than that so those of you than don't like the han solo...well you better tell harrison ford to go get some plastic surgery because thats an actuall scan of his head. And for those of you who don't like the chewbacca ooops again you must not like the real one because thats the actual costume. nuff said.
spider-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 04:09 PM   #53
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Gruson, agreed. Looking forward for those pieces too. Their faces, proportions, customes are very well made. The only thing I didn't like too much was Luke Hands..but I think I can live with that.
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 04:20 PM   #54
sith lord utinni!
U talkin' to me?

I gotta admit, I thought the Luke looked like $h*t until now. That pic by Gruson is awesome! SS came a long way on Luke's facial sculpt! I may have to look into getting this one.
sith lord utinni! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 04:25 PM   #55
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Hmmm....I think GG needs to "tweak" those laser scanners:

I would actually be embarrassed to display any of these pieces in my collection. They just look silly IMO.

However, I do like the GG Dewback.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 12:45 AM   #56
RodLonghi
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Gruson, nice to see some familiar names here, but I'll have to disagree with you again.
Altough I think you're right about Han, both busts sucks, all the rest of the line, and I mean ALL of them including Luke, are great, with awesome likeness .
It's all about lightning, those Han and Luke SS pics looks good because the lightning is place on top of the statue, if you take a picture with a high flash like that Han bust, every piece will look like crap. But I don't think the SS Luke likeness is well captured, doesn't look much like Mark Hamill, the Han is better but could also be improved.
RodLonghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 12:57 AM   #57
ump
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodLonghi
Gruson, nice to see some familiar names here, but I'll have to disagree with you again.
Altough I think you're right about Han, both busts sucks, all the rest of the line, and I mean ALL of them including Luke, are great, with awesome likeness .
It's all about lightning, those Han and Luke SS pics looks good because the lightning is place on top of the statue, if you take a picture with a high flash like that Han bust, every piece will look like crap. But I don't think the SS Luke likeness is well captured, doesn't look much like Mark Hamill, the Han is better but could also be improved.
GG luke mini bust is look great!!!
ump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 03:20 AM   #58
sith lord utinni!
U talkin' to me?

I have only seen one attakus piece in person and that was the padme. It wasn't a dead on likeness in the face but I thought it looked pretty good. It is definately not worth the price tag though! I prefer GG over attakus mainly for this reason.....my wallet! There is no way attakus pieces should be as high as they are, they aren't that good(atleast the secondary prices aren't worth it anyway). The GG lines are way more in my price range. I also think most of the GG stuff looks just as good or better than the attakus pieces. Can't wait for that biker scout statue!
sith lord utinni! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 03:25 AM   #59
Skulpturen
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ump
Poor Jango... these short legs...
Skulpturen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 09:58 AM   #60
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

The Sideshow stuff is looking pretty cool, but they're big. At first I thought of them as oversized dolls, but now my take is more like small museum-quality replicas. The question now is if I started buying, where to display. Also, does anyone know if the SS scale will be across the product line? i.e. the Kirk and Spock (which still look like dolls with big heads to me), Marvel, Star Wars (after showing my kid the Grevious he's starting to dig it), Terminator. etc. The other alternative is to buy and store away for a while.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote