Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 12-22-2023, 12:20 AM   #591
Nicodimas
Fantastic Four

I guess I look stupid huh? I guess i am ..so be it

Its still wrong. You dont just take $900 bucks from a person...move to the next person in line ..profit.

Again if this had been sent and signed i wouldnt have ordered....but im dumb im guessing. Nothing was sent..dont remember this coming up at any point in putting money down.

@pac your deposit is your nrd appparently..which i think is well wrong to late after you order and strictly speaking am sharing this and will keep posting. I guess this makes me in the wrong
somehow...however this is how people should treat one another...

Heres a good company and how they treat their customers
https://weatherwool.com/pages/no-risk-testing

I want to establish this is how you treat people. Not like spec fiction will treat you.Good luck!

Edit: Ok got mad walking away, not much can be done on this policy..except make sure other people are away hes keepjng all your money and moving on to the next person in the waitlist.
Nicodimas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 12:25 AM   #592
Nicodimas
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec Fiction View Post
I asked if you needed more time, you said no. I told you I was willing to work with you, you said no. Deposits are NON-REFUNDABLE, this isn't new. Again, I am willing to work with you, like I said in the email.
I would like my money back, my situation requires me to take care of actual humans, situations change.

I get it your software doesnt allow your to refund money back. However across state lines keeping peoples moneys against their will without delivery

https://enterpriselegal.com.au/knowl...non-refundable

If this was sent as a document which i signed..ya i would get it, something that may or not existed at time of buying..

Whether your Terms and Conditions properly explain that the deposit is non-refundable;
Whether you have properly engaged your client/customer (by providing them the Terms and Conditions and making sure they have read and acknowledged them);
Whether the amount of the non-refundable deposit is reasonable, with reference to the actual costs that your business has incurred (including things like time involved in making the booking, the loss of profit if you are unable to re-book the session, any others costs that you have incurred etc.); and
Whether the non-refundable deposit is proportionate to the overall cost of the product or service that you are providing.
Old 12-22-2023, 12:36 AM   #593
Nicodimas
Fantastic Four

Id argue reasonable to business ..no.

Reasonable to peers and like businesses..nope.

And i never signed anything that spoke to this NRD policy..did i?

Im 100% being penalized for canceling.

This is a word of warning, look up he will hide behind his policy.

The human element is lacking.
Old 12-22-2023, 12:54 AM   #594
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000 View Post
I think we need some clarity here. Are you saying he's not refunding your deposit, or are you saying he's not refunding you the additional money you paid down on the statue?

In other words, is the NRD $900? Or is the NRD like $300, and you want a refund on the additional $600 you paid in installments? If it's the latter, that's a huge problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I'm assuming it's just the NRD.

Given that deposits are about a 1/3 for Queen pieces, and I believe it was listed at $3,065 or $3,150 with deposit.
There is another scenario. If for whatever reason you choose the payments plan, but decide to pay more than the minimum as your NRD, the entire amount you paid as a NRD will be kept if you cancel, not just whatever the minimum required NRD was. That's what I was told, when I inquired, ironically, on the 1/6 version of this piece
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 12:58 AM   #595
chichop4
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodimas View Post
Id argue reasonable to business ..no.

Reasonable to peers and like businesses..nope.

And i never signed anything that spoke to this NRD policy..did i?

This is a word of warning, look up he will hide behind his policy.

The human element is lacking.
.God bless todd being patient with this clown
chichop4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 12:58 AM   #596
Nicodimas
Fantastic Four

https://jndstudios.co.kr/Shop/?idx=442

This is a fair comparision

Deposit is spelled in plain language right on the front. Deposit is different then nrd.

If you go to spec fiction terms and conditions is seperate area which you can freely click over to just...buy.

The site quite literally lets you just purchase..

In nowhere in this process i just ran through did it ever say in plain language deposit is nrd to getting to paying for product.

AVATAR - NEYTIRI (PREMIUM) LIFE-SIZE SCALE BUST

Jnd studios quite explicity on the payment category says it ..plain language not hidden ..right there for you to see.
Old 12-22-2023, 01:02 AM   #597
Nicodimas
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by chichop4 View Post
.God bless todd being patient with this clown
At the end of the day the golden rule is treat others how you would like to be. Im a fellow person and felt this should be shared so others dont suffer my fate.

Remeber your situation can flip on a dime. Good luck and I hope that never occurs to you.
Old 12-22-2023, 01:07 AM   #598
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodimas View Post
Id argue reasonable to business

Reasonable to peers and like businesses

And i never signed anything that spoke to this NRD policy.

Of course you're being penalised for cancelling. That's the whole point. Retailers don't want you cancelling preorders. No one should be ordering any of these luxury items, if they can't afford to take the financial hit.

As I suggested earlier:

However, with this in demand piece, you should have tried selling your preorder to another collector. Essentially the order is processed through your account, and all you need to do once you accept payment is change the delivery address (and fingers crossed there are no issues with the physical product when received).

If you're that tight with money, that would've been the only way to get your money back. As this was on waitlist, you might have even been able to make a profit!

Your reaction isn't surprising, but most obviously only get burned once unknowingly. Any, who frequent the forums or groups usually fairly quickly learn about NRD's. It's unusual that you've missed it this late in the game.

Many on these forums or other Facebook groups have from time to time have swallowed the NRD. It's just an unfortunate aspect of this hobby. And it's the primary reason people complain about the size of the deposit. Not because we're prepaying it up to 2-3 years early, but that we could potentially lose out on the whole amount. There are usually discussions along the lines that it's no longer worth it to preorder, and if we miss out on an in-demand piece, so be it. You shouldn't allow Fear Of Missing Out (FOMO) affect your purchasing decisions; especially if you're tight on funds.

The retailers point is that the deposit has already been paid to the manufacturer or wholesaler etc, and the retailer wants to go through with the transaction and deliver the product to you. It would be a totally different story if they were the ones who couldn't satisfy the order. Note that the bulk of the deposit is determined by the manufacturer and not the retailer. Depending on the piece, the retailer sometimes has to swallow the loss as they may need to sell the item in question at a loss to move the stock. Though for this particular piece I wouldn't be surprised that it'll be easily taken up due to the potential waitlist.

However, many stores have had to move their stock at drastic discounts (such as buy one get one free, or 2nd piece at 50% off etc), especially the past couple of years. So, these publicised policies are what keep the business' in the black.

But yes, it certainly does suck to lose out on any amount of money.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 01:08 AM   #599
eternalblue02
New Republic

I have zero sympathy for anyone who can’t take 5 minutes to look through a website for their terms of service or reach out to the owner if you can’t find them or are confused. You’re spending 3K+ on this piece. Would you blindly buy a car or sign a mortgage without educating yourself on the specifics.

I’m tired of hearing most people don’t have the time to look through a website for info. It’s a cop out and pure laziness. The owner has reached out personally and here to resolve the issue. Instead of whining work with him.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 01:11 AM   #600
Spec Fiction
Speculative Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
There is another scenario. If for whatever reason you choose the payments plan, but decide to pay more than the minimum as your NRD, the entire amount you paid as a NRD will be kept if you cancel, not just whatever the minimum required NRD was. That's what I was told, when I inquired, ironically, on the 1/6 version of this piece
That is not correct. it is the default amount that is the NRD. If the payment plan deposit is 20% standard, but you decided to do 40% and cancel later. only the 20% is kept, not the excess amount.