Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 11-02-2021, 01:34 PM   #591
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
I should add that there might be a reason for that delay. Who knows what agreement Todd and QS have regarding his allotment, time of preorder, etc.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 01:36 PM   #592
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Hard to say. For the black costume, the spec email for those who RSVP'd arrived 3 hours and 41 minutes after it went up on the QS site.
Lol well 20:00 pst is 4am here so I may have to sneak to the bathroom to do some pre ordering lol
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 01:45 PM   #593
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I should add that there might be a reason for that delay. Who knows what agreement Todd and QS have regarding his allotment, time of preorder, etc.
Actually I didn't realize it took that long after Queen opened up their ordering.
I know I was surprised when I stumbled on it, up and live, overnight.
I was expecting Todd to throw it up sometime that day, but there it was in the post-midnight, pre-dawn dead zone here on the east coast.

What I was laughing at was the degree of investment you clearly had in it- counting down to the minute.
Specificity is funny.

There's clearly a lot of enthusiasm for these. That's why I can easily see more stuff continuing to be produced for this character in years ahead.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 01:54 PM   #594
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
There's clearly a lot of enthusiasm for these. That's why I can easily see more stuff being produced for this character in years ahead.
You can tell yourself that.....but I disagree.

Things move on....I'm a big Mass Effect fan, and if you think back, when Mass Effect was "all the rage".....there was nothing released in statue format. It was only after the games were concluded that we started to see a slight dribbling of characters....too little too late...add to that, the license is held by a dead beat, 2nd rate producer.....and bam, dead.

Even now, with hints of a new line of games, and still nothing announced.

My point is, something new will come along, Marvel or otherwise, and SJ as Black widow will be pushed into the background for producers. So, if you want this piece or a SJ Black Widow then jump on now.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 02:05 PM   #595
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post

Things move on....I'm a big Mass Effect fan, and if you think back, when Mass Effect was "all the rage".....there was nothing released in statue format. It was only after the games were concluded that we started to see a slight dribbling of characters....too little too late...add to that, the license is held by a dead beat, 2nd rate producer.....and bam, dead.

My point is, something new will come along, Marvel or otherwise, and SJ as Black widow will be pushed into the background for producers. So, if you want this piece or a SJ Black Widow then jump on now.
Would you say, there's at least a 60% chance of a new SJ in the future?

Remember... 60% of the time, it works every time.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 02:27 PM   #596
pdenham
Teen Titans

Well, she's no Batman...but Lynda Carter and Carrie Fisher were my generations equivalent of prominent, strong-lead female fantasy figures, and companies are still putting out product of those characters/actresses forty years later. Pfeiffer's Catwoman is also still regularly produced, though the actress only had a limited shot in a film that has almost as many detractors thirty years on, as it has ardent fans.

The MCU is going to bring in more female characters in the years to come, but SJ and BW were there at the beginning. She and the character will always be an iconic standard bearer for this brand.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 02:50 PM   #597
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:

A fairly niche computer game series doesn't have the exposure and public awareness like an avenger, and being female she has even more appeal to nerds like us

Games fade away but the MCU is known by most
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 02:51 PM   #598
Augen
Green Arrow

Quote:

There is certainly an element of chance. Some companies hold onto licenses far more than others.
I don't know of any Electronic Arts IPs that have been given statue treatment, but Marvel has had copious amounts. If this sells as well as I expect I wouldn't be surprised for someone to make another.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 04:15 PM   #599
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
A fairly niche computer game series doesn't have the exposure and public awareness like an avenger, and being female she has even more appeal to nerds like us

Games fade away but the MCU is known by most
Yeah, Mass Effect isn't one of the best analogies to use

And I hope there are more realistic sculpt of SJ in the future. I'd just be careful to miss out (F.O.M.O) on something now, hoping for something better in the future.
Old 11-02-2021, 04:17 PM   #600
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
Would you say, there's at least a 60% chance of a new SJ in the future?

Remember... 60% of the time, it works every time.

Ah....I see it's time to hit the [ignore] button for you

Last edited by JadeGiant; 11-03-2021 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Idiotic post - next time you get a ban