Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-10-2023, 06:18 AM   #6001
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Looks like some of the base areas are hollow.
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 08:38 AM   #6002
SDguy

Probably a good thing. As heavy as it is now, it would be unliftable if it was a solid slab. Though I would have prefered the hollow areas NOT be where holes get drilled and pieces get inserted.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 09:17 AM   #6003
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I've drilled, dremeled, and shaved parts of my statues before, but, yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the largest hole, just being that, a hole, in the shell of the base... no collar or sleeve for the plant stems to insert into and lock in place.

big congrats receiving your statue. your ES No is close to mine and some minor flaws can always happen bcs factory producing so many parts and some of them get damaged during casting or painting stage but still are added in end product.

About the base. I would say just drill the holes in places you still like to put a few leaves and let the others as is.
Large blank holes without any leaves is eye-sore anyway. Like you said they have no nice finish/collar etc.

The 1/4 also had them way bigger than the stems. incomprehensible why.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 09:20 AM   #6004
Halcyon
Loki

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
Screw FB. You have us. There is no Prime 1 censorship on this forum.
Amen to that, Lol..
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 09:21 AM   #6005
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post

big congrats receiving your statue. your ES No is close to mine and some minor flaws can always happen bcs factory producing so many parts and some of them get damaged during casting or painting stage but still are added in end product.

About the base. I would say just drill the holes in places you still like to put a few leaves and let the others as is.
Large blank holes without any leaves is eye-sore anyway. Like you said they have no nice finish/collar etc.

The 1/4 also had them way bigger than the stems. incomprehensible why.
To the credit of the design, the holes are in fact completely hidden from any even remotely normal view, tucked away behind the tree, in the very back. But also because of this, the plants can just be placed/leaned against the tree in the back, and no one would ever know/notice the holes are missing, so I'll likely just leave things like that.
Old 07-10-2023, 11:29 AM   #6006
Forps is back
The Avengers

Guys, this is the BEST Predator on the market by far (probably along with Wolf from Sideshow). Nevertheless as soon as hype dries, it will sell for -20% below retail (including shipping) and i am possibly generous here.

3 reasons for this

1) An incredibly high total ES
2) An already high initial price (the piece does not have room to breathe. Prime 1 already took all the "aftermarket money" off the table with its pricing along with shipping
3) Predator is an old license. Noone under 25y old cares for it. Its fans are basically guys between 30 and 50. Newer generations dont care about it. New Predator movies didnt create any hype. So in 20 years time, when kids being 15y old now are 35y old then, would not even care about this license. Or to acquire some pieces from it. This can only change if Disney hypes it enough in order to gain new fandom.

From the current licenses, Marvel would be the KING in 20y time (all kids watched MCU like you watched Arnold), DC and Star Wars that constantly create new fans.

This piece is marvellous but no way you can make your money back as soon as hype fades away. The combination of the aforementioned 3 reasons is arguably impossible to overcome.

Mark my words!
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 11:33 AM   #6007
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
Guys, this is the BEST Predator on the market by far (probably along with Wolf from Sideshow). Nevertheless as soon as hype dries, it will sell for -20% below retail (including shipping) and i am possibly generous here.

2 reasons for this

1) An incredibly high total ES
2) An already high initial price (the piece does not have room to breathe. Prime 1 took all the aftermarket already with its pricing along with shipping
3) Predator is an old license. Noone under 25y old cares for it. Its fans are basically guys between 30 and 50. Newer generations dont care about it. New Predator movies didnt create any hype. So in 20 years time, when kids being 15y old now are 35y old then, would not even care about this license. Or to acquire some pieces from it. This can only change if Disney hypes it enough in order to gain new fandom.

From the current licenses, Marvel would be the KING in 20y time (all kids watched MCU like you watched Arnold), DC and Star Wars that constantly create new fans.

This piece is marvellous but no way you can make your money back as soon as hype fades away. The combination of the aforementioned 3 reasons is arguably impossible to overcome.

Mark my words!
Welcome to the forum!
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 11:36 AM   #6008
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Welcome to the forum!
Old 07-10-2023, 11:53 AM   #6009
Mr. Shoosh
Sinister Six

Quote:

Mark my words!

In other words.. “I’ll generously take anybody’s statue for -10% right now.”
Mr. Shoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 11:56 AM   #6010
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
Newer generations dont care about it.!
To be honest: I don’t care about the new generation. They are like aliens to me. All they care is some tiktok stupidity. Stuff that is relevant for 5 minutes.
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote