Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-10-2023, 02:19 PM   #6021
Forps is back
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
interesting posts. This piece is on an entirely different level than the Wolf LSF. Infact i put the CM Predator and the SS EX Maquette Predator far above the Sideshow Wolf LSF.

Prices are always dictated by supply and demand. Sure there is a chance if someone wants to move this they may have to take a little hit, especially with the shipping charges. BUT did you examine the Ebay sales before posting these bulleted lists? If you did you will see there aren't many of guys for sale at retail and there have only been about 3 of these that have sold in the past 3 months. The people that bought this guy want him. The demand is HIGH on this guy and it will always be high.

This is the most iconic monster made in the past 40 years. by a mile. better than Aliens, Terminator, Slashers, and all other monsters of his time. This monster will be appreciated for generations, far past anyone who grew up with the character. Classics never go out of style. This monster already is the equivalent of to Boris Karloff's Frankenstein and Bela Lugosi's Dracula. This specific character WILL NEVER go out of style and peope WILL NEVER stop caring about this monster. WHY? because the past, present and future LOVE MONSTERS. there willalways be monster and creature lovers... and there are ZERO cool creative and innovative monsters being made. This is character and statue are going to age like fine wine.

This is the single greatest statue made in the history go this hobby. Nothing comes close. maybe the Transformer statues, but they don't have switch outs like this guy has. This statue has received UNIVERSAL acclaim and it has achieved legendary status like no other piece to ever produced in this hobby and it hasn't even been out for a year yet. Most that have it won't be selling it and the demand will rise as the supply will be scarce.
Firstly, i HATED CM Predator, although being sculpted by Steve Wang, it oozes a STRONG, an extremely strong, CARICATURE feeling. It looks like a caricature of a Predator (and it is also a not-precise represenation of Predator, that was not Steve Wang's aim). But it got to the other end. It oozes caricature. Check it for 2-3 minutes, dont simple see it, OBSERVE it and you would instantly get what i am saying.

Prime1's Predator is leagues ahead that CM Predator.

Then check how well Universal Monsters Sideshow PFF's sell in the aftermarket. Around todays starting prices for a PFF. Nothing special.

If you were right, they should have skyrocketed.

Its a pity, but Predator is an "old-heads" license. Kids of today or Meta, Microsoft, Alphabet employees of the future who want to buy THEIR childhood heroes due to nostalgia are going to look for MCU characters (keep you MCU or Marvel stat in storage, guys. Haha) or DC or even Star Wars that constantly create new fans.

Ask 30 kids 15y old today about Predator. I bet that only 3-4 would care for Predator or even saw it.

The statue is a masterpiece but Prime1 MILKED it. Its pricing along with its OUTRAGEOUSLY high ES (with no room to "breathe" in the aftermarket) puts it in a category.

An easily obtainable masterpiece by other "old-guys".

It would never fetch the 10-fold or 15-fold increase the OG Hulk saw or Doom on Throne.

Your/our only hope is if Disney puts a LOT of MONEY and HYPING in new Predators/Aliens movies, although they all flopped.

Enjoy your MASTERPIECE. It is a masterpiece from an era and guys slowly settling in the sunshine.
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 02:26 PM   #6022
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Did anyone even ask about resale values?
Some of the newer members may not remember forps. He last posted six years ago.

This is what he does. Unsolicited advice, stated with unerring confidence. He said his farewells, but I guess he couldn't give up on us.

Welcome back forps!

ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 02:30 PM   #6023
Forps is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Some of the newer members may not remember forps. He last posted six years ago.

This is what he does. Unsolicited advice. He said his farewells, but I guess he couldn't give up on us.

Welcome back forps!

Zenlogikos, it was time to return. The hobby is now full of pushers and hypers. They destroyed our hobby being "connected" with companies, hyping stuff, leading new collectors into debt by creating FOMO and telling "buy this, its a grail", "this is marvellous" (when in reality it looks awful) etc. Enough is enough. Forps had to step in to save our beloved hobby, haha
Old 07-10-2023, 02:30 PM   #6024
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
Firstly, i HATED CM Predator, although being sculpted by Steve Wang, it oozes a STRONG, an extremely strong, CARICATURE feeling. It looks like a caricature of a Predator (and it is also a not-precise represenation of Predator, that was not Steve Wang's aim). But it got to the other end. It oozes caricature. Check it for 2-3 minutes, dont simple see it, OBSERVE it and you would instantly get what i am saying.

Prime1's Predator is leagues ahead that CM Predator.

Then check how well Universal Monsters Sideshow PFF's sell in the aftermarket. Around todays starting prices for a PFF. Nothing special.

If you were right, they should have skyrocketed.

Its a pity, but Predator is an "old-heads" license. Kids of today or Meta, Microsoft, Alphabet employees of the future who want to buy THEIR childhood heroes due to nostalgia are going to look for MCU characters (keep you MCU or Marvel stat in storage, guys. Haha) or DC or even Star Wars that constantly create new fans.

Ask 30 kids 15y old today about Predator. I bet that only 3-4 would care for Predator or even saw it.

The statue is a masterpiece but Prime1 MILKED it. Its pricing along with its OUTRAGEOUSLY high ES (with no room to "breathe" in the aftermarket) puts it in a category.

An easily obtainable masterpiece by other "old-guys".

It would never fetch the 10-fold or 15-fold increase the OG Hulk saw or Doom on Throne.

Your/our only hope is if Disney puts a LOT of MONEY and HYPING in new Predators/Aliens movies, although they all flopped.

Enjoy your MASTERPIECE. It is a masterpiece from an era and guys slowly settling in the sunshine.
So, I'm guessing you like it but passed because it was too much or something?
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 02:36 PM   #6025
Forps is back

Quote:
SHOGUN, you got it. I like Predator but with such a high ES and high initial price, i was sure i could get it afterwards (if i ever wanted it). I saw it up close. It is a magnificent piece but ultimately i do not feel a connection with it. It is an old license, good for its time (the 1st Predator, is probably the most manly movie ever created and we loved it, haha), but nothing special for today's standards.

I also care about the sale of these things when i (one day) leave this world. I do not want to pass things to next generation which would be forced to sale for -20% or even -50% in 40y-50y time.

MCU, DC and Star Wars are safe bets regarding this aspect also.

But, SHOGUN you are right, you "got" what i implied
Old 07-10-2023, 02:37 PM   #6026
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Of course he didn't order one. Lol.... A collector who owns one and wants to recoup their money for it 10-20 years from now.... won't have a problem. 3.5 K will seem like chump change by then anyways. They'll be plenty of interested buyers for a long time as long as they don't make a better one.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 03:08 PM   #6027
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
This is what he does. Unsolicited advice, stated with unerring confidence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
Forps had to step in to save our beloved hobby, haha

Well Forps is new to me, but welcome back...I think
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 03:35 PM   #6028
Jungle Demon
Hydra

One more thing: Show me any modern movie monster that is as good looking as 1987 Predator.
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 03:45 PM   #6029
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
One more thing: Show me any modern movie monster that is as good looking as 1987 Predator.

ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 03:52 PM   #6030
Forps is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post

Well Forps is new to me, but welcome back...I think
Thanks IcedDog. Nice to meet you!

Jungle Demon.

For a start, Predator is not the most cool looking monster even for its time.

Its Alien by farrrrrrrr.

Alien is the SURVIVAL instinct at its best. Its life finding a way at its best.

Xenomorphs are RELENTLESS, they wont stop, they will procreate, they are the ultimate parasite, not stopping till they get what they want. Survival, reproduction, total domination.

Alien has always been the QUINTESSENTIAL MONSTER, the survival instinct in a life form.

As for modern monsters and horror, you look the WRONG WAY.

Videogames is where you should look. Noone produces or even cares too much about horror movies nowadays.

Check Lady Maria from Bloodborne (Prime1). It has mystery, it has enigma, it has a horror element.

Or the Doll by Bloodborne. Mystery. The unkwown.

There are tons of videogames characters creating this mystery, this feeling the OLD movies of our past ("old-heads") created.

Predator seeing it today with the eyes of a modern teenager is goofy looking. Like a reptilian or a guy wearing a costume moving awkward.

Its like seeing Universal Monsters movies of the past for us. Are you scared or amused by the "amateurish" style of the creatures etc for today's standards?

Jungle Demon, you see the world via the lenses of OUR PAST, OUR NOSTALGIA.

Sit with a teenager and he would laugh with Predator's costume, chubbiness, awkward way of moving and general "boomer"-style movie.

Like you are amused seeing Creature of the Black Lagoon today. Are you scared watching a classic movie with Creature of the Black Lagoon? Or do you see it and inside laugh a bit by how amateurish movies looked back then?

Exactly the same feels a teenager today with a Predator.

Alien is different story. Alien is BY NATURE a sight to be behold. It is SURVIVAL INSTINCT at its best. But again, they are also a bit outdated for today's standards.

Check videogames and you will get what i am saying.