Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 05:39 AM   #641
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap70 View Post
I still wanna hear about the sales on this one. I don't think it is as good as planned, though, but then only time will tell. In my opinion, they delayed it too much.
I hope it is a success, as I want to see CM in the business for many years to come( or atleast time enough for me to get my Don! )
Cap,it seems that people on the forum have a certain fear CM could went down in the near future.As I took recently the step to purchase my first two cinemaquettes,I was a little shocked to hear this doubt in peoples mind.
I guess there must be several reasons for that...
Old 12-02-2007, 08:16 AM   #642
jet_force_juno
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil the sixth View Post
Cap,it seems that people on the forum have a certain fear CM could went down in the near future.As I took recently the step to purchase my first two cinemaquettes,I was a little shocked to hear this doubt in peoples mind.
I guess there must be several reasons for that...
I don't think there is fear they will go under. They are part of Toynami after all. They know their stuff, and they know how many units they need to sell to break even on a project I am sure.But even if they don't break even, you get the impression, ust from the way the business is wrong, that, for good or bad, CM are not in this for vast sums of money - they are in this for the collector who appreciates what it is is they are trying to do with each release - i.e be the best statues going. Sure tey are not going to want to lose money - but I resally think they would have done the sums first.

The debate with Cap started becuase he thinks the Godfather will be a very good seller. I hope he is right, but some of us felt it might not appeal to as wide an audience to sell the sort of volume cap was suggesting.
But even if it did not sell well, I don't think the company will suddenly shut up shop.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:59 AM   #643
Exar Kun
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Personnally, I am getting Jack because I always would have liked to get a charismatic pirate in my future cinema collection (another one would be Cap. Herlock, but that's animation....love the design and the ship )

I am really thinking getting Don Vito, because it is a very iconic character having a great background. A character you could remember and yes: he is from a 1971 movie.

I am not expecting more SF CM particularly as characters I am dreaming about, except a Darth Vader or characters from Blade Runner, are, for instance, Clint Eastwood from the Sergio Leone trilogy or Christophe Lambert from Highlander 1.

(unfortunately, no Arnold as The Terminator 1984 this would be MUST for me).

I agree with Cap: many non SF CM characters will get their respective owner.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:09 PM   #644
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet_force_juno View Post
I don't think there is fear they will go under. They are part of Toynami after all. They know their stuff, and they know how many units they need to sell to break even on a project I am sure.But even if they don't break even, you get the impression, ust from the way the business is wrong, that, for good or bad, CM are not in this for vast sums of money - they are in this for the collector who appreciates what it is is they are trying to do with each release - i.e be the best statues going. Sure tey are not going to want to lose money - but I resally think they would have done the sums first.

The debate with Cap started becuase he thinks the Godfather will be a very good seller. I hope he is right, but some of us felt it might not appeal to as wide an audience to sell the sort of volume cap was suggesting.
But even if it did not sell well, I don't think the company will suddenly shut up shop.
Thanks Jet for explaining.Much appreciated!
Old 12-02-2007, 02:05 PM   #645
jet_force_juno
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Thanks Jet for explaining.Much appreciated!
No worries.

What two CM's have you odered and where from?
Old 12-02-2007, 03:04 PM   #646
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet_force_juno View Post
No worries.

What two CM's have you odered and where from?

I've got these from a friend who was selling these pieces.(for a friendly price )
Man,I was speechless the first time I saw these statues in real!I knew then collecting would never be the same again!
I guess I'm really hooked on now.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:09 PM   #647
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exar Kun View Post
Personnally, I am getting Jack because I always would have liked to get a charismatic pirate in my future cinema collection (another one would be Cap. Herlock, but that's animation....love the design and the ship )

I am really thinking getting Don Vito, because it is a very iconic character having a great background. A character you could remember and yes: he is from a 1971 movie.

I am not expecting more SF CM particularly as characters I am dreaming about, except a Darth Vader or characters from Blade Runner, are, for instance, Clint Eastwood from the Sergio Leone trilogy or Christophe Lambert from Highlander 1.

(unfortunately, no Arnold as The Terminator 1984 this would be MUST for me).

I agree with Cap: many non SF CM characters will get their respective owner.

And get it Exar, you won't be sorry. This will be an INCREDIBLE piece, and a must for every Godfather fans out there
Old 12-02-2007, 03:09 PM   #648
cap70

Great pics Phil, congrats!
Old 12-02-2007, 03:55 PM   #649
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap70 View Post
Great pics Phil, congrats!
Thanks cap.
I'm really overwhelmed by these statues.
And so are most people when they see these beauties for the first time.
Very expensive but worth every penny!
Old 12-02-2007, 04:09 PM   #650
Trilogy

Quote:

These maquettes are incredible additions to any collection.
Congrats.
Closed Thread