Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 03-19-2011, 09:54 PM   #661
gonk
Kotobukiya Rep
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
Was there a survery or something that resulted in this decision?
These statues have been solicited through Diamond and our vendor network since last year, any forthcoming decision would be based on this data.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:22 PM   #662
dr_teng

I'd be potentially interested in the Rogue as a website exclusive, depending on what the price ended up being.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:27 PM   #663
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonk View Post
These statues have been solicited through Diamond and our vendor network since last year, any forthcoming decision would be based on this data.
It surprises me that this would be the case, at least on Rogue. Sabretooth just had two versions released by Bowen, and has a third on the way, so that makes sense. Rogue, really only has the Bowen version in this scale, and that one is a few years old and not too popular. I really hope Rogue makes it through, I was planning on getting her.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:48 PM   #664
HyperHippo
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
It surprises me that this would be the case, at least on Rogue. Sabretooth just had two versions released by Bowen, and has a third on the way, so that makes sense. Rogue, really only has the Bowen version in this scale, and that one is a few years old and not too popular. I really hope Rogue makes it through, I was planning on getting her.
Market oversaturation of Rogue in this costume maybe to blame.
Im not too fussed about Rogue since there's plenty of her around the same scale in this exact costume museum and action. I have both of them. Found some people's pics on the net. I want some other X-Men that dont have both museum and action. Seems that is the case with the rest of the market if the orders werent high enough to warrant producing.

HyperHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:53 PM   #665
toe
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
Was there a survery or something that resulted in this decision? I am extremely disapponinted...The Jim Lee line is by far the coolest and most promising line EVER. So to kick off this line we have a poor QC Physlocke, a non matching based Yellow Wolverine, followed by withdrawing the Brown Wolverine and Archangel, and now saying there is "lack of demand" hence no Rogue???

I for one will never pay higher price...simply based on all the BS.

For a fan to committ to a line, I'd expect the company to committ to it first.
whoa?!!! What?!!! When was this mentioned? No Archangel? How am I gonna complete my X-Force team? What about Colossus? How is he doing in the market?

I need that Sabertooth! Man! You guys should have sold the one on display at comic con to me
toe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:03 PM   #666
Marvelito

Well, I stand corrected. I was not aware of those other two Rogue statues, at least not the very last one. Regardless, I still think Koto's would be a welcome addition. Just comparing all four, it easily would have been the best representation. I have Bowen's, and it's not one of my favorites. I was really looking forward to Koto's. Oh well.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:06 PM   #667
Marvelito

Quote:
Originally Posted by toe View Post

I need that Sabertooth! Man! You guys should have sold the one on display at comic con to me
Well, if Rogue and Sabretooth aren't going to be released, selling any prototypes that are available, would be a fantastic way to raise money for Japan aid.

Just a thought.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:06 PM   #668
Rocket
Art of Mod

I wonder if the new Tim Miller Rogue that Bowen have on the way will be a different costume? I'm thinking it may be closer to her current look....
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:12 PM   #669
Marvelito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
I wonder if the new Tim Miller Rogue that Bowen have on the way will be a different costume? I'm thinking it may be closer to her current look....
I wouldn't be surprised if they released a couple of versions, as has been the norm lately. I would take a museum Jim Lee, but I would looove an 80's Silvestri version!
Old 03-19-2011, 11:13 PM   #670
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if they released a couple of versions, as has been the norm lately. I would take a museum Jim Lee, but I would looove an 80's Silvestri version!
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote