Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 01-18-2023, 12:48 PM   #671
MegatronG1
The X-Men

I noticed that. Well, the guys at Sideshow have to eat somehow. Least they could do is throw in some COTD stationery when called out on shipping profiting.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 02:25 PM   #672
Fullscale_PCS
Company Moderator

We're going to check what's going on with that shipping discrepancy. The set comes in the same boxes as the individual pieces. Just matched numbering and you get them at the same time.
Fullscale_PCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 05:00 PM   #673
nearmint
Phoenix

The solo Poison just waitlisted.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 05:17 PM   #674
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullscale_PCS View Post
We're going to check what's going on with that shipping discrepancy. The set comes in the same boxes as the individual pieces. Just matched numbering and you get them at the same time.
When will this be fixed? Because they HAVE to charge the same price as the individuals!
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 01:10 PM   #675
Joppula

Just got off the phone with Sideshow customer service. The set ships together in a SINGLE box. That makes it oversized.

Which makes the $345 the legit shipping cost.

I?ve put a lot of time and effort into getting this done. So yeah, I?m pretty deflated.
Old 01-19-2023, 01:10 PM   #676
Joppula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullscale_PCS View Post
In the same large box.
Old 01-19-2023, 01:33 PM   #677
qz33
Graviton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
In the same large box.
All of this just to try to shoe horn Poison redo in to pad Hugo's sales just to sell Poison redo individually a bit later but still before release.

What a phuck up. These kinds of tactics show the true colors of statue companies. Such a distasteful situation.

Oh well enjoy the last real 1/4 PCS Street Fighter statue.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 01:49 PM   #678
Joppula

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
All of this just to try to shoe horn Poison redo in to pad Hugo's sales just to sell Poison redo individually a bit later but still before release.

What a phuck up. These kinds of tactics show the true colors of statue companies. Such a distasteful situation.

Oh well enjoy the last real 1/4 PCS Street Fighter statue.
Phuck up is putting it lightly.

So I put Hugo in the cart separately? it?s only $100 to ship him across the country.

The $345 wipes out ANY savings from buying the set.

Of course I?d buy them separately to save on shipping, but Poison is waitlisted lol.

And I sold my original in anticipation of this one.

This is awful.
Old 01-19-2023, 01:54 PM   #679
goatchumby
The Herculoids

It was stated earlier that H&P were going to come as a matching numbers set. It makes sense that they are together to avoid having to keep two separate boxes paired throughout production, so the high shipping price (despite being non-ideal) is expected.

Remember, Poison 2.0 was originally only supposed to be available with the set. PCS doubled-back and made her available solo for those who were complaining about exclusivity. The shipping makes it a tricky situation, but that's how the parcel companies work.

Besides, it sounds like Joppula is the sole boarder towing the line on this set (I keed)

Last edited by goatchumby; 01-19-2023 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Reworded to avoid flying tomatoes
goatchumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 02:02 PM   #680
Joppula

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatchumby View Post
It was stated earlier that H&P were going to come as a matching numbers set. It makes sense that they are together to avoid having to keep two separate boxes paired throughout production, so the high shipping price (despite being non-ideal) is expected.

Remember, Poison 2.0 was originally only supposed to be available with the set. PCS doubled-back and made her available solo for those who were complaining about exclusivity. The shipping makes it a tricky situation, but I hardly think it's worth getting worked up about it.

Besides, it sounds like Joppula is the sole boarder towing the line on this set (I keed)
So it makes sense to spend $345 on shipping, when the same two boxes ship separately for less than half the price? Lol, you must be wealthy.

And you say this is ?expected? when the company representative is on here thinking it must be a mistake as well?

I spoke with Ant as well, who also said this was a mistake.

So yeah, unfortunately it seems paying gargantuan shipping costs for a less than well known character was NOT expected.

And yeah, I was willing to drop the sticker price on the set. But unfortunately with this shipping the price is over 2K. Sorry, that?s too much.

My LCBS has a graded copy of AMSM #129. I?ll probably just go grab that instead.

My frame of mind isn?t good over this set. Didn?t mean to be rude.