Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-07-2010, 01:18 AM   #681
dechirico7
The Flash

Recommendation:

If you want to get a good dose of Fathom, check out the Fathom: The Definitive Collection. 496 pages of Fathom goodness and some amazing artwork by Michael Turner.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 01:33 AM   #682
gylaya79
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Recommendation:

If you want to get a good dose of Fathom, check out the Fathom: The Definitive Collection. 496 pages of Fathom goodness and some amazing artwork by Michael Turner.
i saw this at borders bookstore and was very tempted. i might have to go back and get it unless your selling yours
gylaya79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:54 AM   #683
jollyskeleton
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Recommendation:

agree with you right there!
jollyskeleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:51 AM   #684
benhernandez
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Fathom Def. Edition is great. It really shows Mike's amazing talent. But you should also check out Soulfire, this was the last book that Mike worked on, and again his art is amazing. Don't get me wrong I love all the stuff Aspen prints, good story line and great upcoming artist.
benhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 04:17 PM   #685
gylaya79
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benhernandez View Post
Fathom Def. Edition is great. It really shows Mike's amazing talent. But you should also check out Soulfire, this was the last book that Mike worked on, and again his art is amazing. Don't get me wrong I love all the stuff Aspen prints, good story line and great upcoming artist.
soulfire dying light and shrugged were my first Aspen tpbs. Micah gunnell lives 10 min from me. He did a free signing and I bought everythig he sold. I'm actually thinking of buying his prints. A nice even mix of turner and Campbell style.

But turner is and by far my favorite artist. If someone knows what his runs were in fathom, soulfire and other titles where he did the interiors, please let me know. I would love to start collecting them.
Old 08-07-2010, 05:28 PM   #686
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by gylaya79 View Post
i saw this at borders bookstore and was very tempted. i might have to go back and get it unless your selling yours
No way!
I am keeping mine, sorry.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:57 AM   #687
gylaya79
Death is hereditary.

i figured as much. guess, i'm making a trip to border's.

so how do you read 496 pages and keep the book in great condition? i would have bought to read and collect but there is no way i could be that careful. when i read LOTR, that book went from mint to very bad. but that could also be because i do my best reading in the can.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:53 PM   #688
quadcent
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
i figured as much. guess, i'm making a trip to border's.

so how do you read 496 pages and keep the book in great condition? i would have bought to read and collect but there is no way i could be that careful. when i read LOTR, that book went from mint to very bad. but that could also be because i do my best reading in the can.
quadcent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 01:35 PM   #689
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
But turner is and by far my favorite artist. If someone knows what his runs were in fathom, soulfire and other titles where he did the interiors, please let me know. I would love to start collecting them.
You might also want to check out the Superman/Batman Vol. 2 Supergirl TPB/HC. That arc is where I first fell in love with Turner's art.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:53 AM   #690
benhernandez
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
You might also want to check out the Superman/Batman Vol. 2 Supergirl TPB/HC. That arc is where I first fell in love with Turner's art.
Well then you should probably read Volume 1 & 2 of Witchblade. Then you will really fall in love with his work. That and you will see how over the years his art has developed.
benhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote