Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-09-2020, 05:08 PM   #61
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
I'd prefer the Jim Lee Storm, with either White or Silver costume. Definitely flying. Lightning if they can make it not look cheesy. But at this point, I'd take any Storm except Mohawk punk Storm. If they wanna make the EX head a Mohawk version, that's fine and I just won't get it lol. But I need normal Storm and preferably Lee to to go with the rest of the lineups consistency.
There is no lineup consistency. Emma, Colossus, and Wolverine are not in Jim Lee era costumes.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 06:53 PM   #62
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
There is no lineup consistency. Emma, Colossus, and Wolverine are not in Jim Lee era costumes.
And then Emma and Wolverine don’t have Jim Lee costumes. Lee drew them in whatever they had before he came along. Same with Magneto, Cable and more than half this lineup, Jim Lee might have drawn them in his style but there isn’t an actual “Jim Lee” costume. And then there’s X-23 who didn’t even exist back then.

You’re right about Colossus but Sideshow’s costume is a mix of classic (bop boot edges), Lee (arm guards), Astonishing (color) and Utopia (boot details).

*I also don’t think Lee drew Emma outside of the trading card set. She wasn’t used during his run until the end of it, and even then she was in Uncanny drawn by While Portacio I believe. And even then she showed up just to be put into a coma. Lee had already moved to X-Men.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 06:54 PM   #63
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Same with Domino and Mystique.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 07:01 PM   #64
Peedi
The Secret Six

One thing is almost consistent though. Except for Colossus, all other X-Men sideshow has done that have a Jim Lee costume, are in that costume: Cyclops, Jean, Rogue, Gambit and Psylocke. There’s a possibility Storm might be in a different costume but I think it’s more likely SS will go with Lee, especially since it’s a popular costume they haven’t done yet.
Old 12-09-2020, 07:03 PM   #65
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Yup, same thing. Jim Lee never made costumes for them.

Magneto, Sabretooth, Cable, Domino, X-23, Deadpool, Juggernaut, Emma...Jim Lee never made costumes for them. Some of them weren’t even a part of his run for him to even draw like that.
Old 12-09-2020, 09:17 PM   #66
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
And then Emma and Wolverine don’t have Jim Lee costumes. Lee drew them in whatever they had before he came along. Same with Magneto, Cable and more than half this lineup, Jim Lee might have drawn them in his style but there isn’t an actual “Jim Lee” costume. And then there’s X-23 who didn’t even exist back then.

You’re right about Colossus but Sideshow’s costume is a mix of classic (bop boot edges), Lee (arm guards), Astonishing (color) and Utopia (boot details).

*I also don’t think Lee drew Emma outside of the trading card set. She wasn’t used during his run until the end of it, and even then she was in Uncanny drawn by While Portacio I believe. And even then she showed up just to be put into a coma. Lee had already moved to X-Men.
My original statement still holds true. The recent Emma, Colossus, and Wolverine PFs costumes are not from the Jim Lee era. Gambit, Rogue, Cyclops, and Jean are. The current X-lineup of PFs is not consistent to any era.
Old 12-09-2020, 09:19 PM   #67
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Most definitely. I forgot a few. I just named enough characters to try and make a point.
Old 12-09-2020, 09:24 PM   #68
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

Same ol, same ol... A cool VS Diorama. Different characters and different poses.
Bernie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 11:06 PM   #69
anim8ormatt
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Is this accurate? Why would Alex know? I mean, I guess he could but I'm pretty sure SSC realizes he works for XM, one of their competitors? I personally doubt they'd give him that info.
No
anim8ormatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 11:57 PM   #70
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Men View Post
Since you guys have been nice! Here you go, teaser pics of Reverse Flash in production. Feel free to share your thoughts? Do you like the sinister portrait and does it suit the character in the comic depiction. Also, most likely no EX but a low ES total.
It doesn’t seem sinister to me. More...jovial.

Where did the pics come from?
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote