Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 06-17-2022, 11:13 AM   #61
qz33
Baron Zemo

No one can really know especially with production variances of particular pieces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Hey Faken, i just want to ask, as the bat emblem on your 1989 Batman Bat Cowl uses a magnet, is the strength of the magnet enough for it to stay in place for a lifetime, or is there a chance the bat emblem might fall off the cowl over time?
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 06:56 PM   #62
Wurstos
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faken View Post
Yeah you guys in the EU (and us in Canada) get nailed pretty hard with the taxes, it's brutal on these high end items.

In terms of the taxes, you can thank Brexit for that. Once Brexit kicked in, we could no longer ship from the UK warehouse without EU clients getting huge VAT/Duty bills when it was delivered and people were refusing shipments and it was a nightmare. The price did not include tax, it just wasn't charged because it would go through the UK, which was part of the EU at the time. We were also getting a lot of grief from EU VAT authorities for paperwork etc. So we opened an EU warehouse in France and are obliged to now charge VAT at the point of purchase and then report and pay the VAT to the EU VAT authority we use in France. I'm the one that does the filing, it's not fun lol! Anyhow, the end result is that Brexit made the EU become SUPER strict on VAT. Even the invoices have to be a very specific way or you're non compliant and get fined.

So the EU customer pays the VAT at the point of sale instead of paying duty and taxes at delivery.

Thanks!
Dan
Thanks for the clarification. Indeed this sucks when it comes to exclusives: the little bonuses from these editions usually cost us around 200$ more...
Wurstos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 11:47 AM   #63
Faken
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Hey Faken, i just want to ask, as the bat emblem on your 1989 Batman Bat Cowl uses a magnet, is the strength of the magnet enough for it to stay in place for a lifetime, or is there a chance the bat emblem might fall off the cowl over time?
The magnets used are powerful rare earth magnets and I have some that are probably 30 years old that work as good as the day I bought them. So I would say yes, they should be good for life.

Edit - Apparently neodymium magnets lose a fraction of their performance every 100 years.
Faken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 11:50 AM   #64
Faken
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurstos View Post
Thanks for the clarification. Indeed this sucks when it comes to exclusives: the little bonuses from these editions usually cost us around 200$ more...
I'm not sure why you say they would cost more, what do you mean? Our Exclusive Editions are the same price as non-exclusive editions and they ship from domestic warehouses for EU, UK, USA, and Canada. The MSRP from local EU distributors includes tax and their internal shipping costs, so it works out to the same thing in the end. If it shipped from the US only, then yes I could see that being the case.
Faken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 02:40 PM   #65
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
The magnets used are powerful rare earth magnets and I have some that are probably 30 years old that work as good as the day I bought them. So I would say yes, they should be good for life.
Thanks!
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 06:11 AM   #66
Rquiem
Birdman

Quote:
Edit - Apparently neodymium magnets lose a fraction of their performance every 100 years.
Pff, loses performance. Worse. Magnet. Ever.
Rquiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 09:28 AM   #67
Wurstos
Frackin!

Quote:
I'm not sure why you say they would cost more, what do you mean? Our Exclusive Editions are the same price as non-exclusive editions and they ship from domestic warehouses for EU, UK, USA, and Canada. The MSRP from local EU distributors includes tax and their internal shipping costs, so it works out to the same thing in the end. If it shipped from the US only, then yes I could see that being the case.
Well that's something that is true for every manufacturer, it is not specific with PureArts at all. But since we are talking of that cowl here, I'll take it as an example. So I can buy it from some retailers here in my country for a little more than 900$ all included, while as I said, if I buy from PureArts directly it will cost almost 1050$. Let's say I want the nice batarang, it's 100$ more. And I've seen bigger gaps that really make think twice before buying an exclusive even if it is priced the same than a regular, sadly.
Again, that is true for everybody, even other companies that also have a warehouse nearby (like F4F for example, the difference is even worse for them I believe).
Wurstos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 10:22 PM   #68
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Yes! We ship from a warehouse located near Montreal, so you do no get hit with duty or insane shipping prices when you order from us. We do have to charge GST/PST though.

Dan
That’s awesome to hear! Thanks for the reply!
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote